Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CRYSTAL PALACE HAVE SCORED A GOAL

Comments

• Options
    Worth staying up for match of the day tonight, just to see Palace getting mullered!
  • Options
    I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed that
  • Options
    They'll probably stay up as per usual though.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Man U (a)
    Chelsea (h)
    Newcastle (a)
    West Ham (h)

Can't see more than 1 to 4 points from their opening 10 games. You could hang me upside down in a vat of spiders and I'd still be happy about that.

Anything from their next two games is a bonus, but then they simply have to get something from Newcastle and West ham because after that they have Spurs and Everton. They could quite easily only have 3-4 points from 12 games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think this year is different. Under Pulis, Pardew Allardyce and even de Boer I had confidence they would still survive but with Hodgson..... not so sure.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Just watched MOTD
    'Pride of South London'......ho ho ho.
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

Man U (a)
    Chelsea (h)
    Newcastle (a)
    West Ham (h)

Can't see more than 1 to 4 points from their opening 10 games. You could hang me upside down in a vat of spiders and I'd still be happy about that.

Anything from their next two games is a bonus, but then they simply have to get something from Newcastle and West ham because after that they have Spurs and Everton. They could quite easily only have 3-4 points from 12 games.
    Certainly no easy games in that list.

The 1st win will come ....but it will still be a big climb from there and hopefully too late.

The fact that they haven't scored a goal will hurt them most and continue to deteriorate confidence and bruise egos. They have a squad of big names now. Whether or not that actually helps, I don't know.

They got nothing at home to Southampton! Not even new manager bounce. That would have surprised most people. I actually think if they stuck with FDB the Southampton game would have turned out better.

They didn't get a registered shot on target v city and, considering they are the most desperate club in the premier league for points...it doesn't sound good!

The flame has gone and hopefully won't be coming back anytime soon.
    This is due to too many managerial changes and perhaps a slight loss of their core identity.

They also may not have added much significant needed strength to the squad in the summer. That loftus Cheek looks alrite but still, it's a loaned in player.

It's also because they are a bunch of c*nts. Look forward to the official R next to their name.
  • Options
    Benteke has potential ligament damage too, so may be out for quite a while!
  • Options
    No word of a lie but I was about to go into an Oxfam shop in Torquay when I noticed a big Palace ultra sticker on the wall beside it, when I got into the shop they were playing the Adams family theme tune on the radio.

Not a fan of the song but it made me laugh. Small pleasures and all that.
  • Options
    Might print this off and put it on my fridge.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

They'll pull clear when they play the weaker teams like Huddersfield and Burnley.

Came extremely close to falling for that one
  • Options
    the players are on a TV celebrity special this week .. on 'Pointless'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2017
    SE7toSG3 said:

I hate our owners and the sorry state we are in,

I wake daily praying for change and fresh hope.

I trudge aimlessly most weeks to the Valley and further afield in the vain belief that things have changed, often to no avail.

But if anyone expects me to objectively compare our situation to thiers and not laugh my f@@*ing face off at their sorry pathetic stripy nigel arses then they are very much mistaken.

Its hillarious and regardless of how shit we are something to rejoice.

I'm loving every minute of it but I'll keep my own counsel.
    I'm with Oohaah, we are in a pub league and they are in a position we can only dream about and may not get near for years.
    Who's laughing loudest?
  • Options
    Hopefully they get no points in next 3 games and no goals to utterly demoralise them, plus pick up some more injuries to their better players like Sakho, Benteke and Zaha. Their squad looks weak but despite their start I still think their first choice 11-13 players are decent for that level.
  • Options

They'll probably stay up as per usual though.

Given another record they currently hold the 'usual' for Palace is probably relegation from the PL.

Will the 9 goals went past perry song be superseded by a better version is the key question.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Man U (a)
    Chelsea (h)
    Newcastle (a)
    West Ham (h)

Here's @JiMMy 85 getting some Dutch courage before being lowered in to the vat of spiders.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

SE7toSG3 said:

I hate our owners and the sorry state we are in,

I wake daily praying for change and fresh hope.

I trudge aimlessly most weeks to the Valley and further afield in the vain belief that things have changed, often to no avail.

But if anyone expects me to objectively compare our situation to thiers and not laugh my f@@*ing face off at their sorry pathetic stripy nigel arses then they are very much mistaken.

Its hillarious and regardless of how shit we are something to rejoice.

I'm loving every minute of it but I'll keep my own counsel.
    I'm with Oohaah, we are in a pub league and they are in a position we can only dream about and may not get near for years.
    Who's laughing loudest?
    We are.

Getting relegated happens.

It's different though if you get relegated by breaking all kinds of terrible records branded to the clubs name for life or a very long time.

"The all time worst start to a season"?

Who wants that?

Long may it continue and looking at the next couple of fixtures and the fact that bentekes injured, it sounds like it's not completely out the question that the no goals and no points statistic so far this season will stretch to 8 games.

Even a league one side might have at least nicked a goal in one of those 6 games just out of grit determination and a bit of fight.

Burton scored at old trafford on Wednesday! EFL cup game etc completely different I know but still very much relative.

There is literally no excuse. Crystal palace are an absolute joke.

Thank god there is actually something good happening this season.
    You have a point there. I know an Ipswich fan who said he hates it when a Premier League team gets beaten by a big margin, because people always reference Ipswich losing 9-0 to Man Utd.

Even if Palace stay up, they will forever be referenced when teams start a season badly.
  • Options
    What is the difference between Chrystal Palarse and a pencil :wink:
  • Options

What is the difference between Chrystal Palarse and a pencil :wink:

One's got a rubber on the end. The other doesn't need one, 'cos it only fires blanks.