Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

GILLINGHAM 1 CHARLTON 0 - 16th September 2017

edited September 2017 in General Charlton

GILLINGHAM 1(Eaves 54) CHARLTON 0

Attendance 7,216 (2,358 from Charlton)

Gillingham Holy, O’Neill (Ogilvie, 72), Lacey, Ehmer, Zakuani (Hessenthaler, 78), Wagstaff (Parker, 45), Eaves, Wilkinson, Nugent, Clare, Byrne.

Charlton Amos, Solly, Bauer, Pearce, Dasilva, Kashi, Forster-Caskey (Konsa, 81), Fosu (Dodoo, 68), Clarke (Ahearne-Grant, 81), Holmes, Magennis.

Summary

Charlton recorded back to back defeats in a thoroughly demoralising afternoon against the bottom of the league Gills. Despite recording 20+ efforts on goal, Charlton never really put a dominant stamp on the game enough.

Post Match comments

Robinson: “The goalkeeper got man of the match, but we didn’t take our chances and that, unfortunately is the nature of the industry – we’ve got to score goals. We were the better team by a long way today, but fans don’t care about that, they care about winning. All we can do is keep doing the right things and make sure we keep making those chances. It’s been mentioned that we’ve not come back when we’ve gone behind this season and if that was the case and we weren’t creating chances, I would be very disappointed and I would start to look a bit deeper at some of the roots. I’m frustrated, but I can’t question my players. You go in there and talk to the players about what they’re looking for, but they’ve got to score.”

STATBANK Player Marks

Pearce = 6.00
Holmes = 6.00
Bauer = 5.87
Amos = 5.23
Kashi = 5.13
Clarke = 5.08
Dasilva = 5.04
Forster-Caskey = 4.87
Magennis = 4.85
Solly = 4.67
Fosu-Henry = 4.60