Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ParkRun / Running Thread

Comments

• Options
    I’ve just done the Aston Court Parkrun this morning, one big hill and wet and windy. Terrible time of 28:59, going to watch Bristol rovers with a mate for his 50th birthday. 
  • Options
    Anyone manage to get out yesterday? How did you get on?

Fulham away ruled me out. Just managed my “28th fastest 3-5 mile” this year.

Don’t think the Oregon Project will be on the phone this week...
  • Options
    Yep, enjoyed it. They changed the course because of an event in the park, so it was really cramped at the start. I got faster and faster though, and my last km was under 5 mins. Wondering if that means I need to work on endurance or do more of a warm up
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    No park runs this weekend but a decent 5 miles in 38 mins.

Pace still not yet back but we're trusting the process.
  • Options
    A steady 35.55 at Hilly Fields yesterday. 

Did Edinburgh parkrun last weekend, some amazing views over the Firth of Forth and a first-timers' briefing which started with the production of an empty can of lager: "Is anyone here from Glasgow parkrun?"
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    A bit muddy and slippery today, first time like that for about 7 months

who turned out where and how did you do?
  • Options
    Got a cold and too busy watching someone run more than twice my speed for two hours
  • Options
    I registered this week, will start with the Danson 5k one in a couple of weeks. 
  • Options
    today is the start of cross country season for all the big leagues around the country, I can't wait as I failed to make a start line last year due to a complete lack of fitness. bring on the mud
  • Options
    Has anyone ever done the Cyclopark Run @ Gravesend?

Is it round the actual cycle track itself or on a path next to it?

Course Map says its just the later so wanted to be sure before going along there one weekend
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has anyone ever done the Cyclopark Run @ Gravesend?

Is it round the actual cycle track itself or on a path next to it?

Course Map says its just the later so wanted to be sure before going along there one weekend
    it's an out and back on the footpath/cyclepath that used to be the A2
  • Options
    Very muddy out there, Ally Pally switched to winter course today, less hilly so better times at least, think I missed PB by 1 second

• Options
    Today was my 30th run at Greenwich (Avery Hill), was my slowest time since April (14 runs ago) but enjoyable none the less. Been working long hours last few weeks so haven’t managed a single midweek run and can feel myself steadily regressing as a result. 
  • Options
    Nursed my sore Achilles round the first 2 miles before testing it on a sub 7 last mile - it seems ok. So quite happy with a reasonably pain free 23:42. Marathon training is around the corner so don’t want to push too hard at the moment. The usual two fingers from the London ballot means it’s brighton again and probably also a trail marathon in March. Hope you all got on well this morning. 
  • Options
    Rubbish running according to @AFKABartram ...

He didn’t have the pre-requisite Park Run Friday night kebab 🤣
  • Options
    Missed it, will go again on Saturday if it’s not raining 🤔
  • Options
    Up on the bus to Burgess parkrun this morning. Nice park, lovely people, decent morning, pleased with 34:03. 
  • Options
     Last week did 6.5km on Wednesday then 13km on Saturday.  6km today with another long run on Saturday planned.  Used a SIS rego sachet after my 13km on Saturday and I didn't experience any stiffness/soreness at all which was unexpected.  So easy to fall out of the routine but at the moment I'm in the zone!
  • Options
    Anyone else heading to the Great Lines for a parkrun tomorrow

Planning on making my first attempt at a parkrun tomorrow so anything under 28mins is something I'll be happy with

Not to mention I've only been running again for three weeks :)
  • Options
    Good luck @ForeverAddickted welcome to the Parkrun crew :-)

ive had a week away with no exercise, eating shite and drinking Guinness. Tomorrow is going to be hugely unenjoyable. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can feel the weather turning for the worse again... 🍺
  • Options
    For those interested in a bit different, as the clocks go back this weekend the course at Greenwich Parkrun @ Avery Hill Park is run in reverse. They’ll also be a number of pacer vests ranging from 28 out to 34 mins 
  • Options
    Won’t the numbers be heavily reduced due to England’s rugby World Cup semi final .
    Well done to all taking part each week 

• Options
    It could do, but not by much. 
  • Options
    Won’t the numbers be heavily reduced due to England’s rugby World Cup semi final .

Having to record it and watch it at 10am
  • Options

Having to record it and watch it at 10am
    Which was well worth doing!! :-)
  • Options
    Great effort @ForeverAddickted

was strange running Avery Hill in reverse. The previous downhill on the field being uphill made it feel a heavier cross country. Been working long hours last month and not doing any exercise other than Parkrun. As a result I’m currently running about 90secs off my PB I set just five weeks ago. Amazing how your levels can drop in such a short space of time and been finding the last lap a real struggle in last few weeks.

wife bagged the car so decided to run the two miles home after. Won’t be doing that again!
  • Options
    Great effort @ForeverAddickted

was strange running Avery Hill in reverse. The previous downhill on the field being uphill made it feel a heavier cross country. Been working long hours last month and not doing any exercise other than Parkrun. As a result I’m currently running about 90secs off my PB I set just five weeks ago. Amazing how your levels can drop in such a short space of time and been finding the last lap a real struggle in last few weeks.

wife bagged the car so decided to run the two miles home after. Won’t be doing that again!
    Hilly Fields does a reverse course every September to mark its anniversary - it's very disorientating!

Managed 34.49 at Bushy Park yesterday - home to Bushy Park Time Trial, the very first parkrun. This being west London, numbers were well down with the rugby on - 900 rather than the usual 1,200+ - but it was still quite a sight. It's well worth doing to see where it all started. Amazingly, the cafe there coped better than the one at Hilly Fields...
  • Options
    Good luck @ForeverAddickted welcome to the Parkrun crew :-)

ive had a week away with no exercise, eating shite and drinking Guinness. Tomorrow is going to be hugely unenjoyable. 
    Do you do Danson mate?, the missus did it last week for the first time and I fancy a go too