Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ParkRun / Running Thread

Comments

• Options
    Sorry to hear @charlton Charlie and @Dazzler21

hope you both heal up well
    Cheers AFKA.

Losing my mind not being able to do any leg stuff... No swimming, No cycling, No challenging walks... No weights It's bloody difficult for me to not be getting my dopamine hit from running. 
  • Options
    Bagpuss said:
    Marshaling at Bethlem Royal Hospital tomorrow - it's a very pretty course. 
    Was thinking i may go again tomorrow so thank you for marshalling!
  • Options
    Bagpuss said:
    Printed out your barcode yet ? :)

• Options
    Moderate breeze today in Welling according into to BBC, feels quite gusty to me not much fun to run in
  • Options
    check for cancellations before you travel today boys and girls. and be careful out there. I've had to cancel a race this afternoon which I organise each year, it's in an ancient woodland and there are bound to be trees coming down this afternoon
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    28.16 for my first run for a few weeks. Pleased with that all told. Light drizzle as well which I quite like, ground not too slippery
  • Options
    New parkrun down my way in Ross on Wye, Tipsy Belle enjoyed it too
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Bagpuss said:
    Bagpuss said:
    Printed out your barcode yet ? :)

Yep. All prepared this week but just didn't get out of bed in time 😟 its been a long week!
  • Options
    Ditto the above. Do they ever do a later one? I just can’t seem to get out of bed that early on a Saturday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Doing the Teignmouth (in South Devon) Park Run on Saturday, nice sunny run by the sea fingers crossed
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Cheers AFKA.

Losing my mind not being able to do any leg stuff... No swimming, No cycling, No challenging walks... No weights It's bloody difficult for me to not be getting my dopamine hit from running. 
    Back at the physio tomorrow to see how the injury is progressing... IMO not well but we'll see.
  • Options
    Jersey Farm at the weekend for me. Getting my "J"
  • Options
    I’m going for the first time in months this weekend, fully expecting a worst ever time...oops
  • Options
    That was tough, 1am return from holiday and a weight gain we’ll put generously at 5lbs if i stood on one leg :-)

good to get a sweat again though. 

How did others get on? 
  • Options
    Not run for a couple of weeks as I picked up a nasty insect bite on my leg whilst camping and have been in heavily antibiotics since. Took it easy for the first mile to see how the body felt, it felt fine so pushed the second mile and then completely died during the last mile when I realised too late I was not so great! So all in all happy to just dip under 23 mins.  Now just 2 runs away from the 100.

hope everyone else got on ok this morning. 
  • Options
    Currently running around the 22:30 for 5k, I’m out in south of Spain for two weeks gave a 9am 5k ago, a solid 2 minutes slower!  Even at that time it’s 30 degrees and the air feels thin, probably improve the runs when I get back home though. 

• Options
    Finished 1 second off my PB at Tilgate Parkrun this morning. Oh well, always next week. PB is 29 mins 25 secs so nothing to get too excited about!
  • Options
    Finished 1 second off my PB at Tilgate Parkrun this morning. Oh well, always next week. PB is 29 mins 25 secs so nothing to get too excited about!
    You’ll smash it next week mate
  • Options
    nonsense. pbs are totally relative and always something to get excited about. 1 second away is great going
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    28.40 something. Knee doesn't hurt so that's a positive!
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    I’m going for the first time in months this weekend, fully expecting a worst ever time...oops
    You stayed in bed @Fumbluff didnt you? :-)
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I did @AFKABartram , but honestly I had a sick note. 
    Was out last night and took a fall on the wet pavements around Euston. Really jarred up my shoulder so couldn’t play today. 
    To be fair the weather may have beaten me even if I wasn’t crying off injured....
  • Options
    33.41 at Victoria Dock, which wasn't bad considering it was my first run in a fortnight.
  • Options
    23:33 in Teignmouth PR, absolutely recommend doing this run....all along the seafront, beautiful. (Mrs D completed her first Parkrun in 26:15)
  • Options
    Doing the Santa Rosa 10k tomorrow here in sunny California

@NapaAddick - is this your home town?

Also running are my 11 & 14yokids who will beat me comfortably....
  • Options
    Did my 2nd Parkrun at Avery Hill this morning and in a month improved my pb by 3 minutes. 

My heart rate soared to 180 and had so reel myself in, finished with my head looking like a beetroot. It was fairly hot.

Learning lots of lessons though and sub 30 mins is my next target 
  • Options
    Oakster said:

It is! It’s gonna be a bit warm tomorrow so drink a lot of water! Have fun!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Cheers AFKA.

Back at the physio tomorrow to see how the injury is progressing... IMO not well but we'll see.
     Another 6 weeks minimum... Proper rattled.
  • Options
    Oakster said:

It is! It’s gonna be a bit warm tomorrow so drink a lot of water! Have fun!
    Started at 7, finished at 7:54:30😃 - my fastest ever 10k. Kids were 7 minutes ahead of me and won their age groups - a victory for GB/Canada.....

A well organized event - disappointed that we couldn’t stick around for the beer festival but San Jose v Vancouver MLS clash  to get too tonight.