Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ricky's Achilles Heel

Love the man, great skill and never gives up. BUT, and this is a big BUT, why oh why does he seemingly seek yellow cards? What's more they are, for the most point, avoidable. I know he gets 'roughed up' by defenders but that, surely, goes with the territory. Have no problem with players getting stuck in and sometimes, naturally, a mistimed tackle will merit a card but ALL the cards I have seen given to Ricky have been for pointless fouls and he has given the ref little choice. Maybe it's just part of his all-round play but it's a little worrying all the same.

Comments

• Options
    Has he deffo got 5? Football league paper says four.
  • Options
    He has 5 yellow cards from the last 5 games. He didn't get any in the first 3.
  • Options
    Lucky we have Regan Charles-Cook to come in as his replacement!
  • Options
    Thought yesterday's one was a bit harsh, but he does get unnecessary ones through petulance.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    CAFCTrev said:

The typical thing Ive seen him do time and time again is, he will get dispossessed by a defender, then chase after him and lunge at the guy committing a foul. He gets a card for it and its so unnecessary.

Thought yesterday's one was a bit harsh, but he does get unnecessary ones through petulance.

he's one of those that if you took away his competitive, often petulant and 'nasty' streak would not be half the player that he is .. what you see is what you get .. the odd game's rest will do him the world of good, especially when/if Marshall gets fit enough to replace him
  • Options
    I saw the title thread and my heart sunk, I thought he was injured!
  • Options

CAFCTrev said:

The typical thing Ive seen him do time and time again is, he will get dispossessed by a defender, then chase after him and lunge at the guy committing a foul. He gets a card for it and its so unnecessary.

he's one of those that if you took away his competitive, often petulant and 'nasty' streak would not be half the player that he is .. what you see is what you get .. the odd game's rest will do him the world of good, especially when/if Marshall gets fit enough to replace him
    Exactly the point I was emphasising I guess. Take this so-called 'nasty streak' away and he would just not be the same. A pity nevertheless as it means he will miss a lot of games - and possibly just when you most need him!
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Holmes has a first team career record of 33 yellows (and no reds) from about 238 games, according to Soccerway, that is, 1 per 7 games. Not especially bad. Kashi has 41 in 188 games. Yes, I realise he's a different type of player!

Incidentally, they say Kashi has never played more than 33 in any one season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Has he deffo got 5? Football league paper says four.

That'll be the same lot that think we have a fit and proper owner!? ;)
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    He has so much ability, shame he has this petulant side to him. Bookings against Wigan and Gills so stupid.
  • Options

Holmes has a first team career record of 33 yellows (and no reds) from about 238 games, according to Soccerway, that is, 1 per 7 games. Not especially bad. Kashi has 41 in 188 games. Yes, I realise he's a different type of player!

Incidentally, they say Kashi has never played more than 33 in any one season.

Kashi has hardly got any bookings with us, whereas Ricky has turned into Vinny Jones!

There's a touch of "non-league" about Holmes on the pitch, sometimes it's all seems to be on instinct, and one by product is his lunging in. A couple of times last season he was lucky not to see red
  • Options
    Very silly booking on Saturday but difficult to have a pop at him at the moment, he looks our only attacking threat

Liked the way he coated Doodoo for the lack of effort on Saturday as well
  • Options
    5 cards is a bit excessive but I think we would be moaning if he diddnt make a challenge and put his foot in, I think it's just part of his game