Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harry Redknapp sacked

Comments

• Options
    I don't think Pardew would take it. He must have enough money and he is on TV and writes a column (or has it written for him).

I think he sees himself as a Premier League manager and wouldn't lower himself to the Championship now.
  • Options
    No wonder notherners hate us southerners so much
  • Options
    Curbs 16/1
  • Options
    Every time 'onest 'Arry loses a job an angel gets its wings.
  • Options
    Someone at Paddy Power is getting sacked. In amongst their odds for next Brum manager was Ugo Ehiogu..............who died 5 months ago.
  • Options

Someone at Paddy Power is getting sacked. In amongst their odds for next Brum manager was Ugo Ehiogu..............who died 5 months ago.

Quite a backlash on this, but their explanation adds up (an employee used a previous template). I don't think they'd have done that on purpose.
  • Options
    is Bill Shankly got odds?
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Every time 'onest 'Arry loses a job an angel gets its wings.

No, he gets a big payout more like!
  • Options
    You don't get to have a plush gaf at the Sandbanks by keep being sacked at your job...............oh hang on a minute;
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Harry Redknapp set to take advisory role at League Two Yeovil.

The League Two club Yeovil Town have invited Harry Redknapp to help manager Darren Way in “an advisory role with the first-team”.

The 70-year-old was sacked by Birmingham City last month as the team struggled at the wrong end of the Championship table. Redknapp, however, looks set to make a swift return to football as the up-and-coming coach Way looks to tap into his knowledge.

A club statement confirmed Way made the initial approach to Redknapp, who started his managerial career at Bourmenouth and has also had spells in charge at Tottenham Hotspur, Portsmouth, West Ham United, Southampton, QPR and the Jordan national team.

“With the board’s approval granted, Redknapp will be at Huish Park in the near future to meet with Way before attending forthcoming matches and working on a closer basis with the 37-year-old,” the statement said.

Way, who took over as Glovers manager in 2015 following a spell as assistant, is looking forward to learning from Redknapp.

“Harry has been in the game a long time and is someone I highly respect for all the experience he’s gained and achievements he’s accomplished,” Way told the Yeovil official website. “I’m still starting my journey in management and feel the opportunity to bring in someone like Harry to offer advice and pass on his knowledge is a no-brainer.

“There’s no pressure or long-term commitment from either side, but I’m looking forward to having Harry at Huish Park and we welcome him to the club.”

Yeovil are currently 17th in League Two, and are away to Newport on Saturday.
  • Options
    Oh thats a shame... I really like Yeovil as a Football club; they're fucked now!!
  • Options
    You mean sign 15 old players.

• Options
    That is not 15yr old players before you all start!
  • Options
    Get some early prices for Yeovil to win the National League next season.
  • Options
    Tramp said:

Helped to practically bankrupt West Ham, managed it at Portsmouth, where he won his one and only real trophy, and a sick joke candidate for the England job. Hopefully now consigned to the already stinking dustbin that is modern football.

You forgot to mention that shortly after he left Bournemouth they went into Administration too.
  • Options
    He's going to run the stationery cupboard for them, with a special project to ensure a timely and adequate supply of buff manilla envelopes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He’all be handed out copie of his best-seller “How to Get Your Dog to Open a Bank Account”.
  • Options
    He will advise them to fill the team with million pound players!
  • Options
    Former West Ham, Portsmouth and Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has said he would like a return to management.

The 71-year-old has been out of the game since being sacked by Birmingham City in September.

Redknapp, speaking to BBC Radio Solent to mark 10 years since Pompey's FA Cup win, said: "I could still do it. I still feel as good as ever and I wouldn't have a problem doing it.

"Given the opportunity to go in and build a team, I know I'd do well."

After his sacking by Birmingham he suggested that there was "every chance" that he would not manage again.

However, he defended his record at St Andrew's, saying: "I wasn't going to go back but I went in at Birmingham when I got a phone call with three games to go.

"They'd won one in 25 but I took the chance, took the job, won two games and kept them up.

"I came back this year, brought some players in on transfer deadline week and before I'd been given the chance to give them a game, seven games into the season I was gone. It was a crazy situation."

Football agents everywhere getting very excited.
  • Options
    Teams would need to have had their head in the sand for a few years to bloody hire him!!
  • Options

I'd rather lick rolands yellow teeth than have that thieving old scroat in charge of Charlton

That was almost a 'like'.
  • Options
    Jesus - how much more money does Redknapp actually need?