Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gills vs Charlton Sept '17 | Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Not going to panic too much yet, obviously Wigan was a disaster but we should probably have got something today. 5 wins from 8 continued over a season is promotion form.

The time to panic will be if we lose next week as well.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    No fuckin shit Sherlock....!!!

& why the fuck do I have the tune "The Wheels on the Bus" going on in my head...yes might have something to do with Al n Co...hic...!!

It's all falling apart...arrrrrgggghhhh
  • Options
    Awful Tuesday, awful today.

Yes we missed chances but we never looked like scoring. We moved the ball so slow, we were too casual and absolutely no urgency whatsoever. We resulted in putting Bauer up front in the end and we didn't win a second ball once.

Crap bench, no one to bring on and even seem threatening. Said before but Dodoo is exactly that, he looks lost out there.
  • Options
    There seems to be a lack of cutting edge; whether through thinking we are really good and don't need to try too hard or is it certain players that are letting things down. I can mention Fosu as a player who is threatening to have the same impact on a game as Ajose and who knows it and is losing confidence very quickly. No matter how much we put the ball into their final third it was only Holmes who provided any threat and that is what was wrong last season. You cannot rely on Holmes; we need Marshall fit or move Billy up front and bring Konsa on. It cant be any worse than having a Fosu who loses the ball or who has no goal mouth threat. The other players must feel quite frustrated. We are predictable and this is Ok if you have players like Holmes. Today we did not. We never really looked like winning this or even drawing it as, again, we did not have the fight. Had any shots for us gone in then it may have been another story but I repeat, we cannot rely on Holmes as our only attacking threat.
  • Options
    Still can't believe we didn't get something from that but the decision making in the final third was just shocking from the first minute to the 104th.

Rely on Holmes far too much, hoping that Marshall and Reeves can shake it up a bit but with Robinson's fixation with this system I'm not sure it will make a difference

Too many off days today
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    On the plus side now 18/1 to win the league
  • Options
    Don't care what KR says, the Gills deserved it, they got the goal, defended stoutly and reduced us to a series of hopeful punts forward. In vain.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

In the plus side now 18/1 to win the league

What odds to be 2nd?
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

clb74 said:

What odds to be 2nd?
    Top 2 15/2 fill your boots
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:

Simonsen said:

clb74 said:

What odds to be 2nd?
    And to be promoted?
  • Options
    Today, I thought Gillingham deserved it. We were just off all over the pitch. I thought Holmes let us down. First half I thought he was trying to do it on his own and made some poor decisions. And that seemed to affect the flow of the game. And he should be shot for his booking at the end. Petulant behaviour. Probably seeing now why he hasn't played at a higher level. I like Ricky. Our major threat. But today I think he let us down.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    @Leeds_Addick can you confirm what did Dodoo do or what did Dodon't do to deserve a 2?

That's for me like he two footed his own player or got sent off deliberately as well as showing zero football ability.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

clb74 said:

Simonsen said:

clb74 said:

What odds to be 2nd?
    And to be promoted?
    9/2
  • Options
    "Caged Animals?"...............more like tame little kittens! Tossers performance of the highest order, no excuses, no reasons!
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Dazzler21 said:

@Leeds_Addick can you confirm what did Dodoo do or what did Dodon't do to deserve a 2?

That's for me like he two footed his own player or got sent off deliberately as well as showing zero football ability.

Maybe he deserved a 3 but I thought he didn't do anything good at all.

One of the only real chances he had was a ball through for him to chase down, he was favourite to get to it first and he kind of just jogged towards the ball, didn't seem to make a real attempt to get to it. That's just one example of course but I thought he was really bad today.

EDIT: have amended to a 3 though, can see why 2 would be a bit harsh
  • Options

Grim

Win or lose on the booze

Grim

Win or lose on the booze

Still on the booze
    Good luck in the morning :wink:
  • Options
    clb74 said:

On the plus side now 18/1 to win the league

Lump on!!
  • Options
    As Roy Orbison said :
    It's over.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At the game with the 4 yr old. He loved it which was the main thing. He loved randomly shouting 'red army' and was luckily tall enough to stand on the seat and have a view. He loved the smoke bombs.

Onto the performance. Far too slow in possession. Gillingham just allowed is to have it and just stuck 10 men behind the ball. JFC, Clarke, Kashi seemed to get in each others way as all dropped deep to get the ball. Holmes was the only spark. When teams don't come at us and leave gaps we struggle badly. No plan b. No decent options on the bench. Hopefully that changes when Marshall and Reeves get fit. Yes we did create enough chances to win, but I feel this will keep being banded about as an excuse. Josh barely moved up top. Had noone willing to stretch Gillingham by running in the channels.

Rain held off. Atmosphere was poor but with no roof that's expected I guess.

• Options

Grim

Win or lose on the booze

Grim

Win or lose on the booze

Still on the booze
    F@cking way it should be.
    Charlton s for life not just Christmas
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Well, we dominated them, didn't take our chances and then conceded a carbon copy of Wigan's first goal. Need more of a cutting edge, maybe need to start playing Dijksteel. Come in Number 20? (Oh god...)

We dominated them? Who were you watching?
  • Options
    Thought we were poor again. Some tame shots against there keeper. KR only has one formation said last season he needs a Plan B.

We do lack players to come on and change the game. Apart from Pearce we lack real leaders in the side when things aren't going well.

Would like to see Solly and Silva push forward more and overlap to give us more options moving forward
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    To be honest that type of reaction from a player can warrant a Booking so can understand it being given.

The problem though is consistency so your always running a very fine line
  • Options
    To slow and lathargic. We do some nice triangle stuff, but basically it's get the ball down the wings, and lump it into Mcgennis. That might be alright, but in reality the wingers run into a blind alley, and if they do manage to get a cross in, it's always over hit. Also from every corner or set piece, it's always aimed at Bauer, mix it up a bit for God's sake. We look like we think we're better then we really are, all that playing out from the back all the time for instance. Gillingham were a fraction quicker,stronger and more honest then us today.I heard their manager saying some of their players are on £400 a week!. Fucking hell Robinson support it out.