Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gills vs Charlton Sept '17 | Post Match Views

First time since 1929.

Ouch.
«1345678

Comments

  • Roland won't be happy.
  • Well, we dominated them, didn't take our chances and then conceded a carbon copy of Wigan's first goal. Need more of a cutting edge, maybe need to start playing Dijksteel. Come in Number 20? (Oh god...)
  • I said I'd leave it till 10 games in to judge our prospects. Looking sensible sadly....
  • Can't wait for Robinson's excuse
  • Automatic Promotion hopes hang by the slimmest of threads

    We lost 5-games in 2011/12 | Wigan lost 7-games in 2015/16 | Sheff Utd lost 6-games last season.

    We've already lost THREE!!...

    It's not how many games you lose, it's how many points you win.

    We seem to have stalled this week.

    Over to you, Karl.
    (in a nutshell, please).

  • Sponsored links:


  • Its true their Goalkeeper kept them in it but look at all the shots he saved... He barely had to move for any of them as they were straight at him

    Need to make the opposition 'keeper work a LOT harder than that
  • Oggy Red said:


    Automatic Promotion hopes hang by the slimmest of threads

    We lost 5-games in 2011/12 | Wigan lost 7-games in 2015/16 | Sheff Utd lost 6-games last season.

    We've already lost THREE!!...

    It's not how many games you lose, it's how many points you win.

    We seem to have stalled this week.

    Over to you, Karl.
    (in a nutshell, please).


    The wheels fell off the caravan chuck
  • This would be a good week to avoid this website tbh. Didn't get the rub of it today, although there were a few problems. If we don't beat Bury then maybe the problems are more serious than first thought.
  • edited September 16
    Wasn't there but have to say last season we would have drawn that game : - )

    Another bad result but still only 8 games in.

    Easy to put defeat to Wigan down to losing to a good side, can't really say that today.

    Over to those who saw the game.

    UTA
  • Playing the same 11 3 times in 8 days perhaps wasn't very clever.

    We don't have many options, but surely Sarr and Aribo should have been given some game time
  • Glad I swerved that one..
  • Sponsored links:


  • Normal service is resumed.

    I wonder why I thought this season might be any different.....all the same roadblocks to success are still here.

    Things can't and won't change until the shower of shite 'running' our club have gone.
  • Playing the same 11 3 times in 8 days perhaps wasn't very clever.

    Well, Ricky Holmes was clever enough to earn himself a day off next Saturday.

  • According to the BBC sports report we had 54 % possession , 23 shots compared to 9 and of which 12 were on target compared to 5. How many chances do we need before we score ? That failure to add a further striker from the end of last season to 16th September is looking it's going to be very costly indeed .
  • If Reeves is not fit then who is coming in for Holmes?
  • No way we're getting promoted.

    Nothing to bring off the bench to change it.

    Magennis isolated.

    Solly was poor.

    Their fans are a strange lot.
  • PS Solly was below par, and Holmes booking was needless and the club ought to fine him for it as it will let his team mates down.
  • 1StevieG said:

    If Reeves is not fit then who is coming in for Holmes?

    Guess it'll be Ahearne-Grant or Dodoo
  • ashley said:

    According to the BBC sports report we had 54 % possession , 23 shots compared to 9 and of which 12 were on target compared to 5. How many chances do we need before we score ? That failure to add a further striker from the end of last season to 16th September is looking it's going to be very costly indeed .

    This is going to haunt us all season, or at least until January if we bring someone in then. Magennis isn't going to bag goals every week and we absolutely needed someone who could come in and get us a goal when we need one. We don't have that. I know the onus isn't only on a striker to score, but with 12 shots on target, we should have buried at least one of those.
Sign In or Register to comment.