Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gillingham vs Charlton: Match Thread

edited September 2017 in General Charlton
Thanks in advance to whoever is on this. Let's hope we can bounce back from Tuesday's defeat by smashing the Millwall of Kent

Comments

• Options
    COYR hopefully all those in attendance will get three points
  • Options

Unchanged team and bench. KR employing the "you weren't good enough in the last match, go out there and make it up" approach

We looked leggy in the last game. Just hope we don't have players burning out today.
  • Options
    COYA !!!
  • Options
    Come on lads lets do it, i was born in Gillingham so have a bit of a soft spot for them, but only after today.
  • Options
    Southbank said:

Or, these are our only fit players with any experience so it is either that or the youth team.

Konsa and Aribo are hardly raw youngsters though, Konsa has made nearly 50 appearances for us
  • Options

Unchanged team and bench. KR employing the "you weren't good enough in the last match, go out there and make it up" approach

Good... Squad dont deserve to be dropped after one game.

For me is also a chance for Karl to show his faith in the team and not make knee jerk reactions
  • Options

Southbank said:

Or, these are our only fit players with any experience so it is either that or the youth team.

Konsa and Aribo are hardly raw youngsters though, Konsa has made nearly 50 appearances for us
    Maybe, but he's only had 12 months 1st team experience - and many of those appearances were as sub.

And Aribo, has played muchless and over a shorter period.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Following from Bali again. Hope we stick a couple past these pikeys.
  • Options
    Reeves not even on the bench. Hmmm
  • Options
    Today folks I am going to try to get a stream up. if I fail I will be available to do the match thread.
    Hopefully JiMMy85 will do the honours.
  • Options

Following from Sunny deepest, darkest Cornwall - the rain is coming down in stair rods.
    Won't it ever bleddy stop raining this sodding sodden summer?

PS: In other news ..... Up the Addicks!

• Options

Reeves not even on the bench. Hmmm

Not even remotely necessary to risk him at the moment.

I expect Robinson will tell us that Reeves only started his pre-season training last Monday.

• Options
    The team were out on their legs in the last match. Really disappointed KR hasn't opted to change it up a bit. Hope it doesn't lead to injuries in the next couple of weeks in our weaker areas related depth (CM, wings, up front).
  • Options
    Gills team?
  • Options
    Thanks in advacnce for the thread and commentary.
  • Options
    My gills mate reckons Waggy will be on the left in that lineup.

Possibly a battle between him and his old mate Solls.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I reckon there'll be changes early on in the 2nd half , if we're winning. Must rest Kashi, Holmes and Big Mac.
  • Options
    Yeah, but they haven't had to play Wigan or the mighty Plymouth Argyle yet this season.

• Options
    Wagstaff to score.....!?
  • Options

I reckon there'll be changes early on in the 2nd half , if we're winning. Must rest Kashi, Holmes and Big Mac.

There is nobody who can take Magennis's place in Robinson's 4-2-3-1 formation. We were left way too light at the end of the transfer window, just like previous years under Duchatelet, a decent start to the season then found out when injuries,suspensions and exhaustion set in.
    If Robinson can overcome the weaknesses in the squad it will make him an excellent manager.
  • Options
    Their goalkeeper is a man mountain - and is pants. Shoot on sight
  • Options
    Southbank said:

There is nobody who can take Magennis's place in Robinson's 4-2-3-1 formation. We were left way too light at the end of the transfer window, just like previous years under Duchatelet, a decent start to the season then found out when injuries,suspensions and exhaustion set in.
    If Robinson can overcome the weaknesses in the squad it will make him an excellent manager.
    According to RD, "we are not going to get any more injuries so the squad is big enough, so stop moaning and accept I know best, I am never wrong, ask KM" :smile:
  • Options
    Giving this the odd look from Leadville, Colorado, the highest city in the US. COYA,!
  • Options
    Southbank said:

I prefer to think of the subs bench as Jacko and his crèche.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!