Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wagstaff tomorrow

edited September 2017 in General Charlton
Lot of time for him. Nice lad

Hope he gets a decent reception tomorrow (and doesn't score!)

Comments

• Doesn't score much these days? He was good for us in this league.
  • Can't see him getting anything other than a good reception.
  • A great lad and should get a great reception from Charlton fans. Certainly would from me, if I were not unavailable for away end selection.

Sad though that people can't spell his name...how quickly they forget...or is SouthEastern so bad tonight that you're posting from the pub again @AFKABartram?? :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• cfgs said:

But is he better than Green?
    Don't start Henners off for gawds sake, speaking of whom I wonder if he's got tickets in the Directors box from Waggy for running his fan club :wink:
  • Amended!

Thought you were just sloshed :lol:
  • 24hrs early

• Hope he gets a decent reception tomorrow

This used to get posted when he played for us!
  • edited September 2017

RedChaser said:

cfgs said:

But is he better than Green?
    Don't start Henners off for gawds sake, speaking of whom I wonder if he's got tickets in the Directors box from Waggy for running his fan club :wink:
    Can't bear to see him in another team's shirt. Hope he gets a good reception but too many have short memories and many others never saw what a good player he was for us.
    Me and my son had our pictures taken with Waggy in hospitality in our record breaking season. Nice lad gave his all when he pulled the shirt on for the club he was at from a kid, which the vast majority of us could only dream about. Hope he gets a good reception, has a good game tomorrow but ends up on the losing side, either way he'll be a winner.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Amended!

Thought you were just sloshed :lol:
    Failed the interview for Canon St Whetherspoons meet and greet man. Took it out on the bar
  • Only good memories about Wagstaff, never got a chance under Powell. Would be a great player to bring off the bench for us. If Roland wasn't so tight and we could 'afford' to bring in squad players we would be as good as Wigan are.
  • Would add he'd be a great backup for either Holmes or Fosu... Especially when you think ita currently KAG or Dodoo

You mean the guy who scored on his debut for us?
  • Sponsored links:

• Loved Wagstaff - bloody good player, he just lacked that extra bit of pace or skill to make it as a Championship player.

Personally think he'd have made an excellent right-back but obviously Solly had that spot tied down.
  • its normal procedure to boo all ex-players......who then promptly score against us
  • He had a nice career but he's not really good enough to play for Charlton. Found his level and good for him.
  • Yep, don't disagree with that @se9addick
  • se9addick said:

He had a nice career but he's not really good enough to play for Charlton. Found his level and good for him.

Same level as Charlton you mean?

Was good enough to play for a Championship winning Charlton side.
  • Said this before. Seemed a decent player when started in the team but never improved. Was it coaching, ability I have no idea. Seems a decent person but never progressed.
    Same with Cousins, Harriott who originally looked Premier League but stopped progression.
  • Loved Wagstaff - bloody good player, he just lacked that extra bit of pace or skill to make it as a Championship player.

Personally think he'd have made an excellent right-back but obviously Solly had that spot tied down.

I thought that too. I wonder if any coach tried to push him in that direction.

I thought that too. I wonder if any coach tried to push him in that direction.
    I'm sure he's played as a wing back for Bristol city and the Gills
  • se9addick said:

He had a nice career but he's not really good enough to play for Charlton. Found his level and good for him.

Same level as Charlton you mean?

Was good enough to play for a Championship winning Charlton side.
    Must have missed that !
  • Good lad and is a 'charlton' player 100% effort but not the greatest skill level. He would be a quality impact player for last 20 mins for us now direct and fast.