Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What job/ career would you do if you could start again?

Comments

• Options
    bobmunro said:

All these wannabe fluffers - pah!

I bet you didn't say that to the careers teacher at school!

It was the careers teachers that put the thought in their minds.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    MrLargo said:

Airline pilot.

This.

I had the finances available when I was 18 to do my PPL or pay for a scholarship with one of the airlines. I applied and got through the first round with BA but stupidly decided to use the money to follow my motorsport 'dream'. My biggest regret as Lewis Hamilton I ain't. Don't race anymore but could still be flying. Had lessons on an off but with a mortgage to pay I don't have the finances now to do anything serious with it
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Some will laugh, but, Old Bill

Hahahaha about as much chance as me
  • Options
    I just want to be a well paid rich person who works maximum 2 days a week. Just to get away from the wife.
  • Options
    Pilot, passenger or cargo, just so long as I am in the air
  • Options
    International arms dealer
  • Options
    Pilot - but suspect in reality it may be very boring

Policeman - Every day must be different and you must get some great stories

Professional footballer - Even if I only made 4 appearances for Grimsby, would still be great.

I say this like i'm a 60 year old. I'm only 25.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Greenie said:

Absolutely wouldn't change a thing.
    Left school with 3 GCSEs and was told to go and work at the local factory but being one who never follows the norm,
    I got a job as a printing apprentice (compositor) at 16 which has lead me to a very long career in design which has lead me to my main career as retail design studio manager for the biggest company in the world, which is my main career and earner.
    Along the way (20 years ago) I changed for 5 years as a fire fighter (brilliant job) but left due to lack of money
    My main career has given me scope and time to follow my three main passions of music, Militaria collecting and martial arts of which I have done more than ok at (in my eyes) and I still pursue all 3, the plus of all 3 is that I earn from my passions, I'm lucky I get paid for doing shit that t I would do for fun.
    I have been made redundant 3 times and to pay bills I have sold my collection and rebuilt it 3 times, I have made many mistakes but have learned from them, the mob singer sang of regrets but I have none career wise, if I was to peg out tomorrow then it would be with satisfied grin on my mooey!
    Probably not what anyone wants to hear but that that's the Gods honest.
    To balance it a little I am bald and fucking ugly.
    Hey ho!

I had a friend that used to collect World War II stuff and used to restore Jeeps. It was his passion. I went to a few events with him. I can understand the obsession, even if I didn't pick it up myself.
  • Options
    I have been told I make a nice cup of tea.
    In the old days people would patrol offices with a tea trolley for those working, so that job I suppose, but I doubt it pays enough to live (or that the job exists anymore).
  • Options

Why has nobody said Train Driver yet? Is this even a Charlton forum?

Please refer to my post at 08:12 this morning.
    Dammit. You must be the only proper Charlton on here. You are our king @DaveMehmet
    Not really. Bad mistake: when using the 24hr clock, no point in adding "this morning" as it's otiose.

The thing is surely, if you're trainspotting you can still go home at 16:30 so that you don't miss your Mum's tea. If actually driving a train you'd still be on some god-awful shift or sleeping off the last one.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

In the old days people would patrol offices with a tea trolley for those working, so that job I suppose, but I doubt it pays enough to live (or that the job exists anymore).

We still have tea ladies with trolleys.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    You may find this strange and possibly hard to believe but working on the orangutan preservation project in Indonesia would be something I would love to have done.
    Not that one could make a living from it.
  • Options
    Can't make my mind up, either a Sports Commentator ( preferably Golf as it's usually good weather ) , or a Coach for a Female Beach Volleyball Team.
  • Options

Can't make my mind up, either a Sports Commentator ( preferably Golf as it's usually good weather ) , or a Coach for a Female Beach Volleyball Team.

Surely the official photographer for the beach volleyball team would be a far more rewarding career?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Surely the official photographer for the beach volleyball team would be a far more rewarding career?
    Or their Physio
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

Sexists :smile:
  • Options
    seth plum said:

bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

Not at all - they just all happen to be female :)
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

It is a woman's job
  • Options
    seth plum said:

bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

To be politically correct and non sexist that should read tea trolleys with ladies.
  • Options

seth plum said:

bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

To be politically correct and non sexist that should read tea trolleys with ladies.
    Women
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

All our trolleys are gender neutral (they make shit tea though)
  • Options

bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

All our trolleys are gender neutral (they make shit tea though)
    Please don't generalise Dave...my tea trolley self identifies as a mantelpiece.
  • Options
    Actor or A&R man in the music industry. The latter I probably could have got into, if I had the slightest notion as a 17 year old that a lad from a one horse market town in Bedfordshire could actually have done that.
  • Options

seth plum said:

bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

To be politically correct, they have to be called gender neutral tea people