Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What job/ career would you do if you could start again?

Comments

• Something to do with animals so possibly involved with the Millwall supporters club.

Something like marine biology or working with endangered species(Charlton supporters club) ;)
  • hawksmoor said:

Fluffer.

Second person to post this so this appears so far to be the Charlton supporters' career of choice!

• Pro cyclist. Never would have been good enough to win anything, but power profile and VO2 Max at my age suggests I would have been a decent domestique
  • Belgian electronics mogul with a penchant for buying several football/dance clubs.
  • hawksmoor said:

Fluffer.

Second person to post this so this appears so far to be the Charlton supporters' career of choice!

Damn! All right then, seriously, a pro session drummer.
  • Pro cyclist. Never would have been good enough to win anything, but power profile and VO2 Max at my age suggests I would have been a decent domestique

Depends on which performance enhancing drugs you would've pumped yourself full of :wink:
  • Chief executive of a football club. Seems pretty easy to me, you can even go on holiday mid season if you want
  • Sandwich maker and then weasel my way to being chief of operations at a football club.
  • Sponsored links:

• sports journalist /broadcaster
  • Out and about for a wildlife trust, conservation type stuff. Did it for a couple of weeks in Alaska with flying squirrels once, great fun.

Realistically something with a good group of people and few responsibilities. Not too many jobs like that!
  • All these wannabe fluffers - pah!

I bet you didn't say that to the careers teacher at school!
  • Warren Beattys fingertips, if not a Police helicopter pilot.
  • edited September 2017
    Print Journalist probably politics, maybe football. Journalism was my first love but when I was at uni it seemed to be a real dying art, before independent journos and websites really became a thing.

Also, if I'd known about how the UK system does it, a doctor. My mum's a doctor, and I really enjoy problem solving, so I think some sort of internist would have been good. The problem here in the states is you have like ten years of school and residency, plus hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt to become a doctor.
  • edited September 2017

Have always wanted to be an author as love books.

Photography is another career Id have liked

You can write a book now - I wrote a play recently - it suspect it isn't the best, but I enjoyed doing it and I did it for me rather than to make millions. I love anything creative - something you can look at and be pleased with yourself for doing - so in my current print job designing flyers, driving past alluminion school signs I have done etc... is rewarding whereas I didn't have that in previous jobs.
  • Have always wanted to be an author as love books.

Photography is another career Id have liked

You can write a book now - I wrote a play recently - it suspect it isn't the best, but I enjoyed doing it and I did it for me rather than to make millions. I love anything creative - something you can look at and be pleased with yourself for doing - so in my current print job designing flyers, driving past alluminion school signs I have done etc... is rewarding whereas I didn't have that in previous jobs.
    For many years I've had an idea for a fiction series but have always struggled to get it from thought on to paper

Maybe one day I'll return to it, although noticed on Amazon a little while ago that someone had released a series which is similar to the sort of thing that I wanted to write so wonder if I'll be able to now (or whether it'll be seen as copyright to an extent)
  • hawksmoor said:

hawksmoor said:

Fluffer.

Damn! All right then, seriously, a pro session drummer.
    Both require a good rhythm
  • I always wanted to be a football match commentator , i just couldn't bring myself to wear a sheepskin coat.
  • Sponsored links:

• I actually wanted to be a postman.I always thought their job would suit me but I choose a life of engineering, what a waste time and effort it has turned out to be. I could have been walking around the streets whistling to myself, talking to strangers and being at home by mid-day.
    Bet it isn't like that in reality.

No you're right, round my way, they never show up, so clearly you would have been sitting on yer arse all day, or playing golf.
  • I'm very happy doing what I'm doing, but if it was for to earn oodles of money then probably a tv/ film star or F1 driver.

Interestingly, I am, also, happy with my career path, even though I didn't plan it in advance.
  • A full time child.
  • If I'd known what I know now etc, I would either have been a journalist or a primary school teacher.

I can write (and do at times) but I steered away from it when I was young enough because I felt they were either all hacks or liars or both. I can see now that there are journalists with integrity and I could have done some of that. When I last looked, the entry level pay would not support a family.
    Also I dismissed teaching when I was younger and when I realised I hated my job, my kids were at primary and I really enjoyed what was going on with them, I've got good knowledge and can energise people about subjects but when I tried to switch I got rejected. Probably dodged a bullet given the upheavals in schools and I am now happy where I am but it's something I wish I'd done when I was younger.

Not too unhappy about this - I am where I am by accident not design, but it's not a bad place to be.
  • Actually, I'd probably end up doing the same job as now. This career found me, not the other way round. Where else does being an annoying pedant earn you money?
  • Traffic Warden!
  • I'm a little concerned for a few people on here, wanting to be fluffers?
    I always thought this was a female dominated trade done by women who for whatever reason were not considered for the main rôle.
    Whatever floats your boat.
  • Whetherspoons meeter and greeter

Central office: Cannon St Spoons
  • Whetherspoons meeter and greeter

Central office: Cannon St Spoons

This is about a jobs mate, not your hobby.