Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ben Reeves (pg 11 - signed for Plymouth.)

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Simonsen said:

Clarke is probably the better footballer. Reeves is the probably the better finisher.

This. Reeves scored a lot of good goals with MKD, so is/was undoubtedly a better finisher than Clarke.
    However, for whatever reason(s) Reeves has been unbelievably poor this season.
    He gets the ball and often spins in a circle as his first bizarre movement.
    Then he is so lightweight he often gets knocked off the ball.
    Rarely has he achieved anything constructive this season. A massive massive disappointment.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Apart from the Truro game he hasn't contributed anything significant to the team since his transfer. That's quite a long time ago now.

Yep, that's his level. Non league.

I admit I didn't know too much about either Clarke or Reeves & was pleasantly surprised at the PSF against Norwich where Clarke played well & linked play nicely. He then carried that through to the league games at the start of the season & I don't think that his injury & our loss of form is a co-incidence - especially as Reeves has replaced him & done nothing (apart from the goal at Southend which I admit was well taken)

However, neither have contributed much to our goal tally, and with Fosu out the last 2 months have shown how bereft we are in the goal scoring department - even Holmes has stopped scoring now.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Terrible timing. That will be 2 summers running where Reeves won't have had a proper pre season
  • Options
    edited July 2018

clive said:
    Terrible timing. That will be 2 summers running where Reeves won't have had a proper pre season
    although last years was entirely his fault and as a result it didn't endear him to me. Nothing I saw last season made me think we should have bothered with him anyway.

• Options
    Christmas at best for both then.
  • Options

clive said:
    although last years was entirely his fault and as a result it didn't endear him to me. Nothing I saw last season made me think we should have bothered with him anyway.

I agree that last summer was entirely his fault, but the effect is the same.
  • Options
    Wondered why I did not see Reeves in Portugal. Shame for him.
  • Options
    probably back after the panto season has finished ,has a top role in snow white and the seven dwarfs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Christmas at best for both then.

• Options
    Wonder about our warm up exercises. A simple chamging room stretch is to lean against a wall, one foot back flat to floor and slowly bend arms. Helps achilles and hammies. An absolute must do when I was doing marathon training or any running. Do our guys do it? Plenty of these injuries recently.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Wonder about our warm up exercises. A simple chamging room stretch is to lean against a wall, one foot back flat to floor and slowly bend arms. Helps achilles and hammies. An absolute must do when I was doing marathon training or any running. Do our guys do it? Plenty of these injuries recently.

It's like checking in your rear mirror before pulling away in a car isn't it? :wink:
  • Options
    Bollocks. Was hoping we’d offload him. Stuck with him now. Waste of space.
  • Options
    Even including Lapslie, Morgan and Doughty we will be lucky to field a full bench atm.
  • Options

Fuck. If only the sports scientist experts had thought of that
    Can't help thinking it's modern boots. No ankle support.
  • Options
    Has to be one of our worst signings of recent times. All the hype Karlo gave and he is permanently injured. I suspect he is on a decent wedge and has given us nothing. Nicking a living.
  • Options
    Shame for Ben! But seriously us he made of glass!!
  • Options
    Reeves ...... oh I give up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Would those be the guys that thought Igor could run off his achilles injury for about a dozen games? Or the ones that mis-diagnosed Kashi? Or the others that brought several players back from injury too soon?
  • Options
    What a waste of time that bloke has turned out. We were warned.
  • Options

Would those be the guys that thought Igor could run off his achilles injury for about a dozen games? Or the ones that mis-diagnosed Kashi? Or the others that brought several players back from injury too soon?
    To be fair they may have given the right advice, but managers and players can ignore it. If we had a proper squad at the time Igor would have been rested.
  • Options

No longer with the club so no.
  • Options
    It'll be fine. Roland won't leave us short - I'm sure he'll bring in at least one quality replacement
  • Options
    The squad is threadbare
  • Options
    Reeves last year not much different to most signings now, we're shopping at the bargain basement or even charity shop bottom of the barrel.