Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ben Reeves (pg 11 - signed for Plymouth.)

Comments

• Redrobo said:

Reeves is never going to make a difference when we persist with the very slow buildup down the wings.

Homes and DeSilva pull an extra defender out left. Good.

The gap is then down the middle and not via a long string of passes out the other side.

This is why I think KAG and Aribo are so effective when they come on as they attack the middle. Unfortunately, by then it is desperation time and Reeves is off.

Pass, pass, pass, out to the wing, cross doesn't beat the first man, repeat. That's our only tactic.
  • I was really pleased when he signed for us but also wondered why other clubs were not sniffing around,I have a feeling that it will be next season when he fulfils his potential with us
  • Fumbluff said:

Am I the only one wondering who represents Reeves?

I know who represents him.
  • dickplumb said:

Fumbluff said:

It's not the agency KR's involved in is it Dick? The one that represented Deli Ali?
  • Redrobo said:

Reeves is never going to make a difference when we persist with the very slow buildup down the wings.

Homes and DeSilva pull an extra defender out left. Good.

The gap is then down the middle and not via a long string of passes out the other side.

This is why I think KAG and Aribo are so effective when they come on as they attack the middle. Unfortunately, by then it is desperation time and Reeves is off.

Pass, pass, pass, out to the wing, cross doesn't beat the first man, repeat. That's our only tactic.
    You forgot about hoof it up to Josh.
  • dickplumb said:

Fumbluff said:

John Sorzano?
  • RedChaser said:

dickplumb said:

Fumbluff said:

It's not the agency KR's involved in is it Dick? The one that represented Deli Ali?
    No but someone on another Charlton Forum works for them.
  • He needs SCP as manager
  • He didn't even come off the bench yesterday, I imagine he'll play in the Checkatrade on Tuesday!
  • Sponsored links:

• I think he is useful but needs to be played CAM. Too unreliable to track back as a winger, too lightweight. Has the quality with the ball passing/ shooting but just doesn't offer alot else. would get in my first X1 personally but thats with a full strength side Fosu Right, Reeves Centre, Holmes.
  • I think he is useful but needs to be played CAM. Too unreliable to track back as a winger, too lightweight. Has the quality with the ball passing/ shooting but just doesn't offer alot else. would get in my first X1 personally but thats with a full strength side Fosu Right, Reeves Centre, Holmes.

Ahead of Clarke?

Reeves has shown very little in the CAM role and even less wide.

Ahead of Clarke?

If we have to play 4231, which seemingly will be the case under Magennis, it has to be 3 out of Mavididi, Fosu, Holmes and Marshall behind KAG or a new forward

Ahead of Clarke?

Personally yes, i feel Clarke is a good player and certainly more of a work horse. But i think Reeves can unlock teams and playing in a balanced squad (unlike Southend) he will offer more for us. Just think when he has played he has not been played often enough in the middle and in a side that is in poor form which has been very unbalanced due to injuries.

There is alot more to come from him imo but needs to be played in the right team and CAM.
  • would have been better off signing Jim Reeves

Ahead of Clarke?

Personally yes, i feel Clarke is a good player and certainly more of a work horse. But i think Reeves can unlock teams and playing in a balanced squad (unlike Southend) he will offer more for us. Just think when he has played he has not been played often enough in the middle and in a side that is in poor form which has been very unbalanced due to injuries.

There is alot more to come from him imo but needs to be played in the right team and CAM.
    What is your faith in Reeves based on? Genuine question, not digging you out.
  • se9addick said:

I think he is useful but needs to be played CAM. Too unreliable to track back as a winger, too lightweight. Has the quality with the ball passing/ shooting but just doesn't offer alot else. would get in my first X1 personally but thats with a full strength side Fosu Right, Reeves Centre, Holmes.

Ahead of Clarke?

That brace against Truro had us all salivating
  • would have been better off signing Jim Reeves

The Sound of Distant Drums.... Over There, Over There.
  • edited January 2018
    Reeves looked lively at Blackburn in a more advanced role. Robinson needs to find a way of getting him in the team with Clarke when they're both fit.

Marshall is the one who shouldn't be near the team at the moment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Reeves looked lively at Blackburn in a more advanced role. Robinson needs to find a way of getting him in the team with Clarke when they're both fit.

That'll be at least next season then.

• Oggy Red said:

Reeves looked lively at Blackburn in a more advanced role. Robinson needs to find a way of getting him in the team with Clarke when they're both fit.

That'll be at least next season then.

Yep.
  • I've seen very little of Reeves but what I've seen hasn't been impressive. I think Clarke is a better footballer.
  • Clarke is probably the better footballer. Reeves is the probably the better finisher.
  • Simonsen said:

Clarke is probably the better footballer. Reeves is the probably the better finisher.

Did you go to the Blackburn match ?

Ahead of Clarke?

Hate to say but Reeves unlock teams better than Clarke? - We've looked less likely to score partly because Fosu has been injured yet because Clarke is missing too... He was pulling the strings in Midfield most games up until October.

If Reeves can do that better then he needs start showing up in games to do it!!
  • se9addick said:

I think he is useful but needs to be played CAM. Too unreliable to track back as a winger, too lightweight. Has the quality with the ball passing/ shooting but just doesn't offer alot else. would get in my first X1 personally but thats with a full strength side Fosu Right, Reeves Centre, Holmes.

Ahead of Clarke?

I have been twice this season, i cant claim to have watched him alot. 5 mins fleetwood, Southend away (he scored) but just looking at the bigger picture i didn't think he fitted the system and the whole side looked the same. I am basing it mainly on his qualities he has shown in those games, i completely agree he is too lightweight etc. i feel he would suit better in a more balanced team. I do think he has quality but up until now has not been fit and when used people have been missing, Clarke was playing in a team that was performing well and although he would have been a factor i just feel Reeves would get more goals/assists.

Just my two pennies really and i do feel he will be quality given the chance, certainly don't think he should be a winger.

• Players usually do well in combination with others around them, who compliment their game.

I've said before, that to be truly effective I believe Reeves needs the team built around him.
    But then, with his injury record, maybe that's too great a risk.

• Apart from the Truro game he hasn't contributed anything significant to the team since his transfer. That's quite a long time ago now.
  • Generally agree. But he was very decent in the second half at Blackburn.
    And also in the 2nd half against Southend plus a very neatly taken goal.

In both matches the team didn't show up in the first half.
    That seems to indicate that if the team performance isn't there, Reeves doesn't/can't perform either.