Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ben Reeves (pg 11 - signed for Plymouth.)

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:

Cafc43v3r said:

I must admit I have only seen him play live a a couple of times, he doesn't scream full back to me. I'll let others who know more judge.

However his return and the close return of Billy Clarke does beg the question of where they are going to play. They were both brought in to play a specific role in a system we don't play.

I don't see how you can fit either in to any system other than a 4231. Shame as I like them both as players.

Tip of the diamond of the attacking CM in a 5-3-2/3-5-2? Reeves also had some decent games last season as one of the middle two in the diamond.
    My point was Clarke, Reeves and Fosu are VERY good players at this level, they all could all "do a job" but tip of the diamond is the best position for all of them. I believe that where you can, you pick your best 11 players then sort the formation out. I can't see how you can get all 3 in the team AND play 2 up top.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Scoham said:

Cafc43v3r said:

I must admit I have only seen him play live a a couple of times, he doesn't scream full back to me. I'll let others who know more judge.

However his return and the close return of Billy Clarke does beg the question of where they are going to play. They were both brought in to play a specific role in a system we don't play.

I don't see how you can fit either in to any system other than a 4231. Shame as I like them both as players.

Tip of the diamond of the attacking CM in a 5-3-2/3-5-2? Reeves also had some decent games last season as one of the middle two in the diamond.
    My point was Clarke, Reeves and Fosu are VERY good players at this level, they all could all "do a job" but tip of the diamond is the best position for all of them. I believe that where you can, you pick your best 11 players then sort the formation out. I can't see how you can get all 3 in the team AND play 2 up top.
    Cafc43v3r said:

Scoham said:

Cafc43v3r said:

I can't see how you can get all 3 in the team AND play 2 up top.
    You can't at the moment :smile:

Last Saturday we had Fosu suspended, Clarke injured and Reeves coming on as sub.
    I doubt Bowyer will pick all 3 to start even if available; 1 of the 3 will probably be on the bench.

Clarke and Reeves are probably interchangeable and cover each other - so perhaps they will share the role between them.
    Bowyer likes to do 'job sharing', keeping both players reasonably fresh yet match fit by "getting minutes into them".

Fosu can play as a wide forward or a winger in addition to tip of the diamond - so can play various roles.

Compared to the start of the season when we were down to "bare bones", Bowyer will relish a selection problem of this kind.

• Options
    Nothing to say that we'll always have all three available anyway

I said at the start of the season that it was alright for Bowyer to be happy with a small squad (because of the players out injured coming back to strengthen us) but we needed to ensure the season didn't turn into a revolving door where one player comes back from injury and another departs injured

Unfortunately that's exactly what seems to be happening... i.e. We get Fosu | Reeves | Pearce back, we now lose Ajose | Pratley | Bielik, yes apart from the latter (who might not be out for long) those players are weaker than the ones getting back but it still weakens us
  • Options
    I thought Fosu best position was on the wings, not behind the striker.. i dont think i have seen him in the free role behind strikers.

Reeves/ Clarke , not much between them, but they both offer something very different. Would be great if they can both be available sometime, but thats a very big IF
  • Options
    So that's what his new hair looks like  :wink:
  • Options
    I don't know, but the weather can be fierce down there, his forehead will take a pummelling!
  • Options
    I like Oztumer in theory but he's never done anything to convince me, aside from staying fit, that's he's an improvement over Reeves. I guess this season will be the acid test 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't know, but the weather can be fierce down there, his forehead will take a pummelling!
    Looks like a toupee so we'll soon find out during the windy games
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I like Oztumer in theory but he's never done anything to convince me, aside from staying fit, that's he's an improvement over Reeves. I guess this season will be the acid test 

I guess we haven't tested Ozzy at League 1 level yet, but Reeves was able to evolve from being signed as a flighty No.10 to being a fairly industrious midfielder on the right of a diamond under Bowyer. I think people were disappointed by Reeves because he never lived up to the highlights reel he had at MK Dons but he actually did a pretty bang-up job for us under Bowyer's system;

I don't see Ozzy being able to evolve like that so he really has to make himself standout in the no. 10 role, and he has some decent competition there. He's in danger of letting his career drift away from himself right now - hopefully that goal the other night is a sign the things are turning for him.
  • Options
    Looks like a toupee so we'll soon find out during the windy games
    https://surgerygroup.co.uk/here-today-hair-tomorrow/

Proper hair replacement job!, done a year ago!
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Had his pecs filled as well, hopefully not with glass.

good luck Ben
  • Options
    If I was starting afresh on Charlton life, I’d have to choose Ben Reeves Barnet as a username.
  • Options
    If I was starting afresh on Charlton life, I’d have to choose Ben Reeves Barnet as a username.
    You mean Ben Reeves Fivehead