Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ben Reeves (pg 11 - signed for Plymouth.)

Comments

• Options
    Must be the most injury prone Thunderbird puppet on the planet! Doubt we'll see his best ever at CAFC.
  • Options
    I can see Reeves leaving on a free next June, as there’s no way he’ll be offered the same terms again. He’s going to pay a heavy price for missing all of last year’s pre-season - not a smart play, especially with his past injury record.
  • Options
    Utter waste of space.
  • Options
    Maybe Oxford will want him in January if Robinson lasts long enough there.
  • Options

Utter waste of space.

Reeves will be named POTY 2018/19.

You heard it here first.

• Options

Oggy Red said:

Utter waste of space.

You heard it here first.

Which club is he going out on loan to?
    In order to win player of the year it will be non league
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Oggy Red said:

Utter waste of space.

You heard it here first.

Which League 2 club is he going on loan to
    I fixed that for you

• Options

Oggy Red said:

Utter waste of space.

You heard it here first.

Which club is he going out on loan to?
    Guys Hospital FC
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2018
    You know when most of this board were salivating over him, there were a small number of us that did not want him because of his injury record. Not to mention he took forever in deciding if he even wanted to be here.
  • Options
    Thought he looked good from when Bowyer took over. His injury record is a shocker though...
  • Options
    I like the precision in the thread title. At least, we know he’s available on September 19th.
  • Options
    @Sage that’s what I meant to say but couldn’t be bothered typing it up...

Very good summary-Hopefully he comes good next season and stays injury free from September onwards....
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Interesting that he played a left wing back role last night Ben started his career at left back at Southampton.

I thought he did well. With Lapslue, Maloney and Morgan emerging as Midfield options, could Ben be used as cover for Lewis Page more often this season.
  • Options
    I must admit I have only seen him play live a a couple of times, he doesn't scream full back to me. I'll let others who know more judge.

However his return and the close return of Billy Clarke does beg the question of where they are going to play. They were both brought in to play a specific role in a system we don't play.

I don't see how you can fit either in to any system other than a 4231. Shame as I like them both as players.
  • Options
    Cant see him as a Left back myself, might have been more needs must and a way for him to get involved last night. I like him playing in the midfield dictating the game as the link to the strikers, showed a few times last season in the diamond what he is capable off.

Fingers crossed he can stay fit and he will probably force his way in the team or compete with Billy Clarke at least, when he is back.
  • Options
    I think he will likely play at the top of the diamond when he does get a game, probably his best position and he is certainly a good option to have there. IMO Clarke is the better player though, what he lacks in technical ability he makes up for in sheer drive and commitment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

I must admit I have only seen him play live a a couple of times, he doesn't scream full back to me. I'll let others who know more judge.

However his return and the close return of Billy Clarke does beg the question of where they are going to play. They were both brought in to play a specific role in a system we don't play.

I don't see how you can fit either in to any system other than a 4231. Shame as I like them both as players.

Maybe Ben Reeves can be more of a Mark Bowen type. Good positioning can prevent a lot of trouble and being good in possession can start lots of good moves. Bowen didn't pump the ball forward too often or rampage forward....but he linked well all the way down the pitch.

Billy Clarke could possibly play as a right-midfielder (like a Graham Stuart type) or as a second striker off a front man. His movement and ability on the ball could make him difficult to pick up in say a 4-4-1-1 or as the advanced midfielder in a 3-5-2.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Interesting that he played a left wing back role last night Ben started his career at left back at Southampton.

I thought he did well. With Lapslue, Maloney and Morgan emerging as Midfield options, could Ben be used as cover for Lewis Page more often this season.

would make a good left back, as long as it's left back in the dressing room

• Options
    I don't think he has the pace to play left back in the modern game from what I've seen of him.

Very disappointing signing even allowing for the lowly level we now subsist at.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

I don't think he has the pace to play left back in the modern game from what I've seen of him.

Very disappointing signing even allowing for the lowly level we now subsist at.

No strength either, he gets pushed off the ball far too easy to be a left back.
  • Options

I think he will likely play at the top of the diamond when he does get a game, probably his best position and he is certainly a good option to have there. IMO Clarke is the better player though, what he lacks in technical ability he makes up for in sheer drive and commitment.

Clarke is better technically than Reeves
  • Options
    To be honest, I would be delighted and amazed if we had a fully fit Clarke and Reeves both available to play that creative No 10 type role at the same time. I've no idea which one would be best with the way Bowyer sets his team up which is different from how Robinson did.
  • Options

To be honest, I would be delighted and amazed if we had a fully fit Clarke and Reeves both available to play that creative No 10 type role at the same time. I've no idea which one would be best with the way Bowyer sets his team up which is different from how Robinson did.

Dependent on how well he recovers from his terrible injury Clarke all the way for me.
  • Options
    Needs a good run in the team without any injuries then we'll see how good he is, can't see him keeping Clarke out though.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Cafc43v3r said:

Tip of the diamond of the attacking CM in a 5-3-2/3-5-2? Reeves also had some decent games last season as one of the middle two in the diamond.
  • Options
    Can't see him getting in. If we play a diamond, surely Fosu is the best option ?