Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton vs Wigan: Post match views

Comments

• Tiredness ? After 7 league games ?
  • Redskin said:

We were going to lose at some point and tonight was the night.
    Dust ourselves down, and go again at Gillingham. Perspective people, perspective.

Perspective... I think that's what tonight's result provides. Too many people on here talking about automatics after four wins against bottom half teams. Not a chance with the squad we have.
    Southend finished 7th last year with roughly the same team. I expect Rotherham to be there or thereabouts for the playoffs. Even Bristol Rovers finished above us last year.

Beating the teams in the bottom half is actually something we struggled with last year.
  • Outplayed, out muscled, out thought, out of our depth.

A massive reality check.

Or an aberration...
  • edited September 2017

Tiredness ? After 7 league games ?

Fitness regimes can be about "peaking" at different times in the season. Robinson may be working the players harder now with the idea that it will pay off in the long term when we're fitter come Christmas-time.
  • Gutted as thought our only decent XI would surely go on an unbeaten run and romp the league...,l

Tonight was a massive wake up call but if we finish above a Wigan we go up

How good was Byrne..
  • As curbs would say.
    Don't get carried away when you win
    Don't get to depressed when you lose.

Beat Gillingham and we will all feel a lt better

I think i'll give the Gillingham Ifollow a miss on Saturday after that pile of shit.
    I'll be at the game
  • You know it's a bad day at the office when Kashi looks bad
  • Sponsored links:

• Ruuuuuubbish! Robinson should have been screaming at some of our boys on that sideline tonight, silly bookings, lost their heads. Got bullied in the middle. Poor poor poor.
  • Robinson's recent record upto the end of last season was horrible - perhaps he got lucky with a really easy start to the season - perhaps tonight was a blip.

Personally i dont like the bloke or the regime (one and the same to me), however a few more matches will tell the true story - not easy starts or tough "one off" nights like tonight.
  • Gobinson, the Fat Scouser ( there you go SDAddick) has no plan B let alone C or D. If things are not going right then you have to change it. This will be his downfall in the long run.
  • No plan B and a paper thin squad. Was always going to happen. How many of you who thought we'd piss the league are as confident now?

Robinson proved last season he has nothing about him to change a game when it's not going right and tonight he proved it again. Pearce MOM , other than that, the rest were shite
  • Gobinson, the Fat Scouser ( there you go SDAddick) has no plan B let alone C or D. If things are not going right then you have to change it. This will be his downfall in the long run.

Speaks highly of you as well.
  • Personally, I think our plan A may have been okay had we actually tried harder

Overall I'm pleased so with the start this season, but I'm fuming tonight. I hope there's a recognition from KR that that simply wasn't good enough and we didn't try hard enough
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc4life said:

Oh and shout out to Nathan Byrne who was class tonight and had Ricky Holmes in his pocket . Would of been a perfect addition to our squad , but of course that would of meant RD putting his hand in his pocket .

This!
  • I don't get this "tired" suggestion as Robinson says the squad is very fit, also Wigan played on Saturday and no one has suggested that they were tired.

As for plan B, how can you have one with the standard of our bench
  • Never felt that we were great before tonight and just reaffirmed my belief we are lightweight in the managerial brain game.

We do not to change the formation to win games but we do have to have a change players to combat the opposition. We were bullied in the centre and although they played the referee at times this only worked when we lost discipline.

Being able to change formation is a bonus but we do not have the squad to do that.

If KR can learn from tonight then good but I have seen nothing so far to suggest that his ego will let him.
  • First game in ages at home.

We were pressed all over the park and had no answer to it. We had no out ball and no pace to get in behind and that was evident after 25 mins. It was crying out of dodoo through the middle. Poor performance all round tbh. I thought atmosphere was awful so all in all not great night
  • Out classed from first to last minute. Ref was crap...scoreline could have been worse. We were woeful.
  • Wasn't there but result / performance feels a real kick in the nuts.

Know it's only one defeat, one bad performance etc but we was building a nice sense of momentum and (personally) I really thought we were going to put down a marker tonight.

Everyone has off days, but hope their are no tiredness excuses against a team who have made a 200 mile plus midweek trip