Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks: Charlton v Wigan

13»

Comments

• Options
    Amos: 6
    Solly: 5
    DaSilva: 4
    Bauer: 4
    Pearce: 5
    Kashi: 3
    Fosu-Henry: 5
    Forster-Caskey: 6
    Clarke: 5
    Holmes: 6
    Magennis: 3

Number 17 Jacobs MOTM
  • Options
    Amos: 6 some good saves and came out reasonably well.
    Solly: 5.5 struggled but had no help in front. he was challenging for a lot in the air which made no sense.
    DaSilva: 5 closed down well by wigan who knew he would be a threat on the ball. defensively like solly. seemed to be against 2 players most of the time.
    Bauer: 6
    Pearce: 7 solid
    Kashi: 4 kept giving the ball away. just couldn't cope with wigans pressure.
    Fosu-Henry: 5 had some ok moments but defensively he is too lightweight.
    Forster-Caskey: 7 good couple of shots and some last second interceptions when racing back to help stop some of wigans break aways.
    Clarke: 5 tried he's best to get into the game but the longer the game went on the more out of position he became as he chased for the ball.
    Holmes: 6 dangerous on the ball and kept going to the end but marked closely so had little effect. made to retaliate to some of wigans fouls which pushed him out of position especially for the first goal.
    Magennis: 5 isolated. easy for them to mark him.
    Ahearne-Grant: 2 embarrassing.
    Konsa: 5
    Dodoo: 3
  • Options
    Amos:6.5
    Solly: 5.5 Jacobs was a handful right from the start.
    DaSilva: 6 Dogged but not his best.
    Bauer: 7 Looked really good again in the first half but they had too much quality up front.
    Pearce: 8 A real leader even when things weren't going well.
    Kashi: 5 Poor tonight. Tried to take command but too many passes went astray.
    Fosu-Henry: 5 Not his night but he never hid (and was brought in more as a squad player but has rightly found himself in for Marshall).
    Forster-Caskey: 6 Periods passed him by but he does have a touch of class and finesse.
    Clarke: 4.5 He was excellent on Saturday but was poor this time and spent too long getting involved in silly niggles.
    Holmes: 6.5 Even below his best (and carrying a bug) he tried to haul us back into it and kept going.
    Magennis: 5.5 As per the team as a whole, was never quite allowed to get going.
  • Options
    i know this isnt for comments but we let 3 goals in, had 44% posession and had 2 shots on target ( source sky score centre ) how are any of them over 6
  • Options
    Amos: 7
    Solly: 4.5
    DaSilva: 5
    Bauer: 5.5
    Pearce: 7
    Kashi: 4.5
    Fosu-Henry: 4.5
    Forster-Caskey: 7
    Clarke: 4.5
    Holmes: 5
    Magennis: 4.5
    Ahearne-Grant: n/a
    Konsa: n/a
    Dodoo: n/a
  • Options
    Amos: 7 - I thought he did pretty well
    Solly: 5 - below par and looked very tired in the second half, although Wigan completely overloaded us on the flanks
    DaSilva: 4 - struggled defensively and had no joy going forward. A chastening experience but he'll bounce back
    Bauer: 6 - did what he could to stem the tide
    Pearce: 7 - MoM: defended doggedly and showed his usual stellar level of commitment
    Kashi: 4 - fell apart in the second half (even more so than the rest of the team). Perhaps a game too far
    Fosu-Henry: 4.5 - some skilful flashes of play in the first half but his level dipped significantly after half time
    Forster-Caskey: 5.5 - a few good runs into the box and tried to keep things moving but he was totally outgunned in midfield. He looked pedestrian at times whilst in possession but, in fairness, the lack of movement in front of him didn't help
    Clarke: 4.5 - unable to make any impression on the game. He took the bait from some of Wigan's wind-up merchants and became increasingly ragged in his play
    Holmes: 6.5 - kept battling to the end but a very frustrating night for him. Had he connected with his extremely rash sliding tackle just before they scored their first goal, he could have been in serious trouble with the referee
    Magennis: 5 - isolated and had no meaningful support or service against Bruce and the gigantic Burn
  • Options

I think I went to a different game to most people.

Solly: 6
    DaSilva: 5.5
    Bauer: 7
    Pearce: 7.5 very good
    Kashi: 5 poor, at fault for the first, gave ball away constantly, was he fit ?
    Fosu-Henry: 5.5
    Clarke: 5.5 went missing tonight
    Holmes: 8 MOM I thought he was excellent and was everywhere attacking & defending
    Magennis: 6.5
    Ahearne-Grant: Non-existent
    Konsa: n/a Gave away the second
    Dodoo: n/a< Non-existent, doesn't look good enough at this early stage

What was the score?
  • Options
    Solly: 5.5
    DaSilva: 6
    Bauer: 5.5
    Pearce: 6
    Kashi: 5.5
    Clarke: 7
    Magennis: 6.5
  • Options
    Bauer: 6.5
    Pearce: 6.5
    Kashi: 4.5
    Fosu-Henry: 5.5
    Forster-Caskey: 5
    Holmes: 7
    Magennis: 5
  • Options
    Amos: 6 - Jury still out for me. Still a bit flappy and people are starting to target him
    Solly: 4.5 - tough game against a very quick, and very good, winger.
    DaSilva: 5 - on a learning curve but was outwitted
    Bauer: 5.5 decent in the air but exposed on ground but quick and mobile strikers
    Pearce: 7 had a point to prove but VERY lucky not to get a red card for one awful, late hack on Powell. It started as a 50/50 but Powell was too quick and the resulting kick looked really bad IMO
    Kashi: 4.5 bad by his standards. looked a little leggy
    Fosu-Henry: 5.5 one of the better players for me.
    Forster-Caskey: 5 I thought he was largely anonymous
    Clarke: 4.5 bullied. nothing came off
    Holmes: 5 too fucking greedy
    Magennis: 5.5 isolated. 2nd half we went more Direct and he won everything - but nobody fed off his flicks.
    Ahearne-Grant: n/a Forgot he came on
    Konsa: n/a 6
    Dodoo: n/a - Jury very out. Not seen anything yet to convince me we want to keep him

We were well and truly found out by a far far superior team - we chould have been a goal down after 15 seconds and that set the tone. Powell was superb and the winger Jacobs tore us to bits. All over the field we were poor - it happens sometimes. Wigan are going to be a threat - no doubt in my mind. Lovely, brisk flowing football but I didn't like the theatricals.

Bit of a wake up call but still not hitting the panic button - 2.14 point per game so far equates to 98 points in a season. It's not realistic that we would win evry game and whilst the manner of the defeat is somewhat worrying I would be looking for a massive step up against Gillingham Saturday.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Solly: 6
    DaSilva: 8
    Pearce: 6
    Kashi: 4
    Fosu-Henry: 2
    Forster-Caskey: 3
    Holmes: 7
    Magennis: 7
  • Options
    Amos - 6
    Solly - 4
    Bauer- 5.5
    Pearce - 5.5
    Da silva -4.5
    Fosu-4
    Kashi - 3
    Forster caskey - 5
    Holmes -4.5
    Clarke - 4.5
    Magennis -5.5

Amos man of match for shot stopping and keeping down the goals conceded total
  • Options

i know this isnt for comments but we let 3 goals in, had 44% posession and had 2 shots on target ( source sky score centre ) how are any of them over 6

You mark each individual player on their performance.
  • Options
    Less agreement than normal here
  • Options
    Solly: 6.5
    DaSilva: 6.5
    Holmes: 7.5
    Magennis: 6
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Solly: 6.5
    DaSilva: 6.5
    Holmes: 7.5

I think LL is done and dusted with this?
  • Options
    Kashi: