Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks: Charlton v Wigan

Comments

• Options
    I think I went to a different game to most people.

Amos: 6
    Solly: 6
    DaSilva: 5.5
    Bauer: 7
    Pearce: 7.5 very good
    Kashi: 5 poor, at fault for the first, gave ball away constantly, was he fit ?
    Fosu-Henry: 5.5
    Forster-Caskey: 6
    Clarke: 5.5 went missing tonight
    Holmes: 8 MOM I thought he was excellent and was everywhere attacking & defending
    Magennis: 6.5
    Ahearne-Grant: Non-existent
    Konsa: n/a Gave away the second
    Dodoo: n/a< Non-existent, doesn't look good enough at this early stage
  • Options
    Amos - 5
    Da Silva - 5
    Bauer - 5
    Pearce - 5
    Solly - 5
    Fosu - 6 No idea why he was taken off
    Kashi - 6 Unpredictable.....some brilliant work and some howlers too. Probably wise to substitute him
    Forster-Caskey - 5
    Holmes - 7 Our best player, and heavily marked out of the game by Wigan who clearly thought likewise
    Clarke - 5 Lucky not to be sent off and looks a journeyman at best. Dodoo should have started instead
    Magennis - 5 Missed a sitter on 29 minutes

Ahearne-Grant - 5
    Konsa - 6 Looked good in a midfield role
    Dodoo - n/a
  • Options

Amos: 7
    Solly: 3
    DaSilva: 4
    Bauer: 6
    Pearce: 6.5
    Kashi: 4.5
    Fosu-Henry: 3
    Forster-Caskey: 7.5 MOM
    Clarke: 5
    Holmes: 6
    Magennis: 5
    Ahearne-Grant: n/a
    Konsa: n/a
    Dodoo: n/a
  • Options
    Amos 6.5 Ok
    Solly 6 Not his best game
    Da Silva 6 Average
    Bauer 6 1st half ok.2nd half not so good.
    Pearce 7
    Kashi 6
    Fosu-Henry 5.5 Under par
    Forster Caskey 6
    Clarke 5.5 not good.lost his head blud.
    Holmes 6.5
    Magennis 6.5 Giant defender nullified him.
  • Options
    Amos: 5
    Solly: 5
    Pearce: 6
    Fosu-Henry: 4.5
    Forster-Caskey: 5
    Holmes: 5.5
    Magennis: 6
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

iFollow
    Our worst performance against the best team we've played thus far. Some of it was Wigan stopping us from playing, but a lot of it looked like fatigue. The good news it we're unlikely to play that poorly too often. As Callum said, it's not that anyone was particularly awful, it's just that everyone was poor.

Amos: 7 - Don't think there was anything he could do about any of the goals. Kept us in it, especially at the start of the second half.

Solly: 5.5 - Had some good moments and some very sloppy ones.

DaSilva: 5 - At fault for the third. They had a lot of joy down his side. He was often left 2-v-1 with Byrne overlapping to cause problems and Holmes staying forward. Hopefully he'll learn from tonight.

Bauer: 6.5 - Actually thought he was decent.

Pearce: 6 - He was everywhere, clearly trying very hard against his former team. He had a lot of good moments, but sometimes he chases the ball, and that causes him to get sucked out of position. He also has this habit of playing 30 yard chipped balls forward. It's like John Terry used to do for England all of the time. It's the "I don't have any good options on so I'll just chip it forward so I don't make a mistake but I won't chip it with any clear intention or purpose" ball. Absolutely gets on my tits. He did it a lot more last year, and I think Robinson has coached it out of him.

Kashi: 5.5 - Looked tired and his passing was poor, though he still manage to get tackles in. Hasn't played twice in four days in who knows how long. Wigan players kept getting in between him and the back four. Thought Konsa looked tidy when he came on and I hope Kash is given a rest on Saturday. He's earned it.

Fosu-Henry: 5.5 - Lacked end product, but he works very hard.

Forster-Caskey: 7 - Worked incredibly hard and put himself about, and won the ball a lot as a result. He hit the underside of the bar in the first half, and if that had been a few inches lower it might have changed the dynamic of the game.

Clarke: 5.5 - Went missing in stretches, and as a result started to chase the ball a bit and get dragged out of position, leaving Mag isolated.

Holmes: 6 - Tried hard, perhaps too hard sometimes. Still looked dangerous at times despite nothing really working for him.

Magennis: 6 - Worked hard and won his fair share of headers at the end, but he was just SO isolated. It's clear there was a plan to try to get him to turn Burn and Bruce and get in behind them, but because we never got ahold of midfield we never got into good attacking positions, and as such the balls we did try to play in to him or in behind were meat and drink for Burn and Bruce. On his header from JFC's shot, Burn headed him in the back right as Josh was heading the ball. Unlucky.

Ahearne-Grant: n/a I think he touched the ball literally once.

Konsa: n/a Looked tidy and he would get into just about any other team in this league. He's got good technique and he's very rangy. He's not a sitting, defensive midfielder akin to Kashi, but he can knit things together nicely. Hope he gets a start on Saturday to give Kashi a rest.

I'm so pleased there was someone else at the same game as me :smile:
  • Options
    Wigan did there homework end of story!
  • Options

Solly: 5.5
    DaSilva: 5
    Bauer: 5
    Pearce: 7
    Kashi: 5
    Forum-Henry: 4
    Forster-Caskey: 4
    Holmes: 5
    Magennis: 4

Glad you're back.
  • Options
    DaSilva: 6
    Clarke: 6
    Holmes: 6.5
    Magennis:6
  • Options
    Bauer: 5.5
    Kashi: 5.5
    Fosu-Henry: 5
    Holmes: 5.5
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Amos 7 MAYBE on another day would have cut out the cross for the important first goal, good otherwise
    Solly 6 not dreadful but a little overwhelmed
    Da Silva 4.5 I'm a big fan but he screwed up for two goals and didn't pass well
    Bauer 6.5 nothing wrong with his play really
    Pearce 6.5 goals didn't seem down to him
    Kashi 5 wasn't coming off for him, then went rapidly to pot. still think we were better when he was on the pitch!
    Fosu-Henry 6 this mark might seem a bit high but today he was at the heart of everything good we did going forward (meagre pickings I know) and once again we were better when he was on the pitch
    Forster-Caskey 6.5 big effort and very unlucky not to score
    Clarke 5.5 not his day
    Holmes 6 put in a big shift but end product lacking
    Magennis 5.5 missed his big chance and aside from a few flick-ons didn't come into the game
  • Options
    Amos: 6.5
    Solly: 4.5
    DaSilva: 4.5
    Kashi: 4
    Forster-Caskey: 6.5 Most of our goal threat came through him, the one player who runs into the box
  • Options

Bauer: 5.5
    Pearce: 5.5
    Forster-Caskey: 5.5
    Ahearne-Grant: 5
    Konsa: 5
    Dodoo: 4.5
  • Options
    Amos: 6. Real contradiction. 3 or 4 great saves that kept the score down but general play and distribution is really flaky.

Solly: 4 as poor tonight as he was good on Saturday.

DaSilva: 5. Good coming forward but poor defensively.

Bauer: 6 generally solid with the odd crazy moment. Won't come up against too many attacks as good as Wigan this season.

Pearce: 6. Solid

Kashi: 3. Dogshite for the second game running

Fosu-Henry: 4.5 Tried hard. Didn't work for him. In a normal squad he'd be getting a rest. We don't have a normal squad.

Forster-Caskey: 4. Thought he was poor although my mate disagrees.

Clarke: 5. Poor by the standards he's set for himself so far

Holmes: 5 Poor. And petulant. Needs to learn he can't do it all by himself.

Magennis: 4. Poor game but dismal service.

Ahearne-Grant: did he touch the ball?

Konsa: shocking for the second goal. Completely wimped out of a challenge.

Dodoo: gave him the benefit of the doubt on Saturday but he's a complete dud. Send him back to Rangers.
  • Options
    Amos: 7 - Thought he did better tonight, no real chance with the goals
    Bauer: 6 - OK
    Pearce: 7.5 (MOM) - Followed up Saturday with another good performance
    Kashi: 4.5 - 2 quick games in succession possibly caught up with him
    Fosu-Henry: 4.5 - Disappointing tonight
    Forster-Caskey: 6.5 - Worked hard
    Clarke: 5.5 - Less effective tonight than he has been
    Holmes: 5 Not at his best and 4 bookings already this season a concern
    Magennis: 6 - Tried hard but got very little service
  • Options
    Amos: 6.5 - made a lot of saves - distribution suspect at times but was played into danger a lot too.
    Solly: 5 - struggled, got worked 2v1 too often.
    DaSilva: 4 - same as Dolly but tried to force the game and got caught out high up the pitch too often leaving us hugely exposed on the counter.
    Bauer: 6.5 - made interception time and time again to keep us in the game for the first 70 min.
    Pearce: 6.5 - same as Bauer plus some ferocious blocks.
    Kashi: 5 - worked v hard in the first half to keep up with Wigan making crucial tackles. Passing was poor at times trying to force the ball forward. Let down by the tactics tonight which saw the CMs and CBs completely exposed.
    Fosu-Henry: 3 - did very little of note.
    Forster-Caskey: 5.5 - same as Kashi. Not the problem tonight and he came up against a v strong side that swept through us too often.
    Clarke: 3 - tried hard but nothing came off for him. Didn't really add any value but kept trying.
    Holmes: 4 - nothing worked for him until he put on the Ricky Holmes show at 3-0 down to try and get something back. He spent too much time up the pitch leaving Solly exposed.
    Magennis: 3 - nothing of note. Seemed to give up. Once we started playing high balls he perked up a bit but never looked like getting anything. One clear header he scuffed miles wide.
    Ahearne-Grant: n/a - made 0 contribution.
    Konsa: n/a NOT A CM. in the build up for their third (I think) he let his man jog past him from the half way line who eventually went on to score as he stood and watched. He doesn't know how to play that role.
    Dodoo: n/a added v little. Tried to get the ball in the box but it was way too late.

Robinson got taught a lesson tonight. Wigan came and beat us at our own game and swept through us like an IRMA storm surge with ease.

Our CBs were playing like full backs in attack with Solly and Da Silva so far up the pitch, and Holmes and Fosu tucking in. It didn't work. Kashi collected the ball in the middle but we never got enough players back to give him a decent out ball. So it went CB-Kashi-CB-Kashi until their front three pressed into making a mistake time and time again - resulting in us doing the same rubbish about 12 yards from our own goal.

The players looked tired. No changes in weeks highlighted the limited squad depth. Wigan played a few squad players and it made all the difference.

My only hope is that KR and the team learn the lesson from this and adapt accordingly.
  • Options
    Pearce: 5
    Fosu-Henry: 6
    Holmes: 7

Thought none of ours coped well with being closed down so fast, particularly Kashi. which I expect explains the poor passing. They seemed to be a yard faster than us over 10yards and so are defense struggled. But this was the most complete team I have seen yet and shows what a championship team looks like and we are not that.
  • Options
    Ahearne-Grant: see Konsa, below
    Konsa: see Dodoo, below
    Dodoo: very poor

• Options
    Amos: 5
    Kashi : 5
    Forster-Caskey : 5
  • Options
    Magennis: 6.5 MOTM for all that means!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rare visit to the Valley as I was in London for a job interview.

Amos: 6 - made some decent saves - could have done better with the second I thought.
    Solly: 5 - Back to last season's Solly.
    DaSilva: 5 - tried to create more chances, got forward well but got caught out as a result.
    Bauer: 6 - made a few interceptions, tired in the last 20 and got torn a new one by Wigan's attack.
    Pearce: 6 - made a number of blocks but as Bauer tired quickly.
    Kashi: 5 - usual hard working self for the first 45 minutes came out after the break and tired quickly.
    Fosu-Henry: 5 - was outplayed by both the Right Back and Right Mid.
    Forster-Caskey: 5.5 - Similar to Kashi's performance, tried but was outplayed.
    Clarke: 5 - tried hard but nothing came off for him. Didn't really add any value but kept trying.
    Holmes: 5 - left Solly exposed, another that was outplayed.
    Magennis: 5 - Tactics didn't match his play style.
    Ahearne-Grant: n/a - made his usual impression... Runs quick does little.
    Konsa: n/a Let the goalscorer through for one of the goals. CM is not his position, most CB's would be ashamed of letting their man pass them like that. It's a shame Josh Wright wasn't signed as he would have been the ideal replacement to come on for Kashi.
    Dodoo: n/a Him or KAG you do have to pick Dodoo. Did more than KAG when he came on and looked decent enough it was a bit late though.

• Options
    Magennis: 5.5
  • Options
    Amos: 7 - made a few decent saves
    Solly: 5 - not at the races
    DaSilva: 4.5 - sat back 1st half, made a number of poor choices, needs to find a right foot
    Bauer: 6.5 did his best
    Pearce: 7.5 - by far the best outfield player on the night,
    Kashi: 4 - a game too far, should have come off after 30 min
    Fosu-Henry: 5 - two poor games in a row - a reality check
    Forster-Caskey: 5.5 never got to grips with the game but one moment of magic
    Clarke: 5 - a lost soul, chasing shadows
    Holmes: 5- nope. was either bypassed or crowded out. needs to get rid quickly when they are ganging up on him
    Magennis 5.5 - had crumbs to feed off
  • Options

Solly: 4
    DaSilva: 4
    Kashi; 4
    Fosu-Henry: 4
    Forster-Caskey; 4
    Magennis; 5
  • Options
    Amos: 5.5
    Forster-Caskey: 5.5
    Magennis: 5.5
  • Options

Kashi 6 started very well
    Forster-Caskey: 6.5
    Clarke: 5 passenger
    Holmes: 7 Got very frustrated
    Magennis: 5 very sluggish
    Ahearne-Grant tried hard to avoid the ball
    Konsa: n/a not a super sub
    Dodoo: n/a ditto

• Options
    edited September 2017
    How people see the game differently! Some low marks there for JFC when I thought he was our best player. Likewise Solly got better marks than I feel he deserved. 2nd half he was hopeless
  • Options
    Amos: 8 could of been a cricket score without some of his saves
    Pearce: 5
    Kashi: 4 kept giving the ball away and then blaming it on his intended target
    Magennis: 5 not his fault. Starved of service. Barely touched the ball 2nd half
  • Options
    Kashi: 4 (started brightly (reading the play well) until it rained, then it was all sloppy backward passes)
    Fosu-Henry: 2 (spent all game running into areas where he wouldn't have to be involved in play, or running up to defenders but without making any attempt to actually press the ball or tackle them)
    Holmes: 4
    Magennis:5

Lack of depth a big problem. Need a central midfielder and a striker. Three tired players in those positions yesterday.

Fosu should have been dropped for Dodoo. I think had Marshall or Reeves been fit, Fosu would have been dropped after his Southend performance
  • Options
    Solly: 5.5 needed to be more of a captain, let the ref get away with being terrible
    Bauer: 6.5
    Kashi 4.5 clearly too tired
    Forster-Caskey: 6.5
    Clarke: 5.5
    Holmes: 6.5 the only one to keep going, but can't do it on his own. Like last season.
    Magennis: 5.5 slow but no service
    Ahearne-Grant n/a shows how weak our bench is, barely in the game
    Dodoo: n/a not impressed so far