Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Iphone X

Comments

• Options
    Time to upgrade my 6 to a 7 when the prices drop.
  • Options

robroy said:

Is it iPhone X ( The letter ) or a 10 ( Roman numerals) ?

Pronounced 10 apparently
    So what happened to the 9 ?
    Probably sounded too much like the German for "No".

Anyway, as a mobile phone philistine*, can I ask, is this ACTUALLY the first Apple with wireless charging?!

* I have a three-year old Nokia/Windows phone. I think it cost about £130. It's nearly perfect for my needs. About the only thing it lacks is access to many apps. But I'm not aware I need any of those anyway and its wireless charging is brilliant I just slap it down in the car armrest and away it goes - never ever plugged it in except on holiday.
  • Options
    Haven't watched the keynote speeches but can someone explain why they announced the release of the iphone 8 and 8 plus then about 5 minutes later announced the release of the 10.

What's the point of anyone buying the 8?
  • Options

Haven't watched the keynote speeches but can someone explain why they announced the release of the iphone 8 and 8 plus then about 5 minutes later announced the release of the 10.

......because it's a shit load cheaper
  • Options

robroy said:

Pronounced 10 apparently
    So what happened to the 9 ?
    Seems like the iPhone 9 went the same way as windows 9. 9 is not a cool number....
  • Options
    If anyone hasn't please watch Silicon Valley on sky Atlantic. Brilliantly exposes apple style bullshit for exactly what it is. And shows what complete pieces of shit the Silicon Valley billionaires are. As well as being hilarious.
  • Options

Yes but it's still relatively expensive for a phone so why would you bother buying an 8 knowing it's already been 'outdated' by the 10? you'd surely just save for a little bit longer and get the 10.

Apple should've just released an 8 or gone straight to the 10 because of the 10th anniversary thing. No need for both.
  • Options
    Why buy a VW Polo when you can save up for a VW Golf ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Apple should've just released an 8 or gone straight to the 10 because of the 10th anniversary thing. No need for both.
    Yeah, cos Apple don't know anything about making money ;-)
  • Options
    It (the X) got leaked didn't it? I assumed that's why they were launching them at the same time.

Such a weird turf war between Apple and android users, i have both (iPhone 6 and Samsung S6) massively prefer the iPhone because it's much more user friendly and I feel more certain I won't get a load of viruses from apps. It doesn't mean I queued for hours to get it as some kind of fashion statement.
  • Options

It (the X) got leaked didn't it? I assumed that's why they were launching them at the same time.

Such a weird turf war between Apple and android users, i have both (iPhone 6 and Samsung S6) massively prefer the iPhone because it's much more user friendly and I feel more certain I won't get a load of viruses from apps. It doesn't mean I queued for hours to get it as some kind of fashion statement.

I really don't get this insistence that the iPhone is far more user friendly. I've used both and find the iPhone almost impossible to get along with. My theory is that whichever you were exposed to first is by default the most intuitive and then the other doesn't feel as easy to use.
  • Options

I really don't get this insistence that the iPhone is far more user friendly. I've used both and find the iPhone almost impossible to get along with. My theory is that whichever you were exposed to first is by default the most intuitive and then the other doesn't feel as easy to use.
    Could be right, though I had android first but it was a little Sony thing so maybe not a fair comparison? Also made me look like a 13 year old American school girl as it was one that slid up to reveal a keyboard.

That's the thing, I'm not insisting its easier to use, it just is for me so probably it's just in the eye of the beholder.
  • Options
    I have to say I don't think I could ever give up my iPhone as I tend to FaceTime my daughter every day.

I've yet to see an Android app as good as FaceTime. The video on Google Hangouts isn't brilliant and I've seen nothing but trouble when using a skype app with an iPhone at one end and an Android at the other? If there are any decent alternatives, do let me know as I'd consider going back to Android after 6 years on iPhones.
  • Options
    Do I get a back button for my $999???
  • Options
    cafcbrown said:

JohnBoyUK said:

I have to say I don't think I could ever give up my iPhone as I tend to FaceTime my daughter every day.

I've yet to see an Android app as good as FaceTime. The video on Google Hangouts isn't brilliant and I've seen nothing but trouble when using a skype app with an iPhone at one end and an Android at the other? If there are any decent alternatives, do let me know as I'd consider going back to Android after 6 years on iPhones.

@JohnBoyUK Have you tried WhatsApp video calling? I have never had a problem with it
    Ah, had totally forgot that WhatsApp can do that too. Have never tried it! Hopefully it'll be just as good.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

I find skype just to be garbage, no matter the platform.

It's that bad I've had to get my mum/dad/sister all to install the Chinese messenger WeChat, just so I can video call them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Nail on the head there. I've pretty much always had an iPhone, I don't doubt that Androids are probably equally as good if not better. I just cannot be bothered to change phone and learn a whole new OS. I know exactly how to use my iPhone and whenever I use somebody else's Android it takes me 10 times longer to do anything, purely because I never use them.
  • Options
    SamB09 said:

It's 10. The clue was in the fact that both Tim Cook and Phil Schiller called it iPhone ten several times each during the keynote.

Yeah I didn't get time to watch the keynote . I was too busy having a life.
    He says while posting on an internet football forum in a thread about a new gadget.
    Sorry dad . I'll keep my opinion to myself next time .
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

cafcbrown said:

JohnBoyUK said:

@JohnBoyUK Have you tried WhatsApp video calling? I have never had a problem with it
    Ah, had totally forgot that WhatsApp can do that too. Have never tried it! Hopefully it'll be just as good.
    Theres also Google Duo which works between android phones and with iphones as well, that works really well as well. Very clear
  • Options
    Talal said:

Surprised to read comments about android being poor, really don't see what's wrong with it (and it costs less in most cases).
    The girlfriend has an iPhone and I really fail to see what supposedly makes them so superior.

Compare how well an iPhone and android phone function after two years of use

I started on iPhones, switched to android and am now back with Apple and glad
  • Options

Talal said:

Surprised to read comments about android being poor, really don't see what's wrong with it (and it costs less in most cases).
    The girlfriend has an iPhone and I really fail to see what supposedly makes them so superior.

Nearly very Apple product I have owned has become a slow, barely functionable mess with a battery that can run out after a few hours of casual use after more than a year of use and I consider myself to be a careful owner. I've now owned my Android for nearly a year and there is barely any difference in terms of speed and battery.
  • Options
    wildly overpriced and most people have either got one thst works or have moved to Android and now they have the Chinese models like 1 olus 5 to contend with
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Talal said:

Nearly very Apple product I have owned has become a slow, barely functionable mess with a battery that can run out after a few hours of casual use after more than a year of use and I consider myself to be a careful owner. I've now owned my Android for nearly a year and there is barely any difference in terms of speed and battery.
    I'm still on the iphone 6, which is now nearly 3 years old and it still works as well as day 1. Had 1-2 new screens in that time though!
  • Options

JohnBoyUK said:

cafcbrown said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Theres also Google Duo which works between android phones and with iphones as well, that works really well as well. Very clear
    Never heard of it but I will investigate, thanks!
  • Options
    edited September 2017