Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

**New Poll: Have you changed your mind on where we will finish?**

124»

Comments

• Davo55 said:

I'm sticking with my 7th-12th at present. Signs are great but I'm still really worried if we lose Magennis and se Silva to injury or suspension because we are still very thin and shaky in those positions.

I can't see Duchatelet and Meire finding the extra money to bring in high quality additions to the squad in January either, when prices are always super-inflated.

Exactly this. I had 8th place in mind when I did the last poll. With a second decent striker in the squad I would be upgrading, but there isn't, there won't be, and Magennis will pick up an injury probably as a result of being over played. He is one of the few players who is busy over the international break, while being asked to cope with a 46 game league.

IMO, SCP's squad that started the season was already better than this - better keepers, no first choices were loans. And then he added YK.

So no change. I hope I am wrong, starting with a win tmrw night.
    Ideally we would have rested him for the Southend match.

Thought top six and now think top two if we avoid serious injuries.

Exactly that, with an outside chance of the title if we have a good January window.
  • I thought we would finish 7th. Now I think we finish 4th and get to the playoff final.
  • I have now.
  • We played a decent side tonight and were outclassed. We're top 10 at best and a mile off the Championship.
  • Yes after tonight..

League winners by Easter.
  • can't remember what I said before but I think definitely top ten, top six with a fair wind, top two no chance.
  • JamesSeed said:

Davo55 said:

I'm sticking with my 7th-12th at present. Signs are great but I'm still really worried if we lose Magennis and se Silva to injury or suspension because we are still very thin and shaky in those positions.

I can't see Duchatelet and Meire finding the extra money to bring in high quality additions to the squad in January either, when prices are always super-inflated.

Exactly this. I had 8th place in mind when I did the last poll. With a second decent striker in the squad I would be upgrading, but there isn't, there won't be, and Magennis will pick up an injury probably as a result of being over played. He is one of the few players who is busy over the international break, while being asked to cope with a 46 game league.

IMO, SCP's squad that started the season was already better than this - better keepers, no first choices were loans. And then he added YK.

So no change. I hope I am wrong, starting with a win tmrw night.
    Ideally we would have rested him for the Southend match.

Thought top six and now think top two if we avoid serious injuries.

Exactly that, with an outside chance of the title if we have a good January window.
    That'll learn me.
  • If Magennis gets injured then we won't go up. That's my new view.
  • I have now! Play off contenders so long as we don't crumble and have a decent January window.
  • bellz2002 said:

If Magennis gets injured then we won't go up. That's my new view.

and Ricky
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:

bellz2002 said:

If Magennis gets injured then we won't go up. That's my new view.

and Ricky
    Holmes said that ?
  • edited September 2017
    It's not typical Charlton, but with the side we've got and the way we play, maybe we're going to have one of those seasons where a team wins a lot, loses a fair number and draws few. A real roller-coaster ride. That's if we're reasonably lucky with injuries. Something like 23-8-15 (77pts)?
  • I thought I'd wait until after the Wigan game before answering & glad I'm did.
    No change for me, I think we'll make the play offs & then it's somewhat of a lottery.
  • HexHex
    edited September 2017

It's not typical Charlton, but with the side we've got and the way we play, maybe we're going to have one of those seasons where a team wins a lot, loses a fair number and draws few. A real roller-coaster ride. That's if we're reasonably lucky with injuries. Something like 23-8-15 (77pts)?

That's how I see it.

We don't play the percentage game that Powell and other promotion winning managers play unless they have an exceptionally talented squad. Our style may be easy on the eye against most teams but when it comes to the crunch we will not accumulate enough points.

Just outside the playoffs for me.
  • Right, despite the ferocious criticism I took from Nick Gray for the format of this poll, I'm seeing this through.

The results are below. No doubt the mathematicians among you will pick it apart further, but I'm just going to do a like for like comparison

Poll at the start of the season:

Champions: 7% - 31 votes
    Automatic promotion: 14% - 57 votes
    Play off winners: 5% - 22 votes
    Play offs: 29% - 115 votes
    7th - 12th: 31% - 122 votes
    13th - 20th: 9% - 38 votes
    Relegation: 1% - 4 votes

Poll one month in:

Champions: 8% - 23 votes
    Automatic promotion: 33% - 89 votes
    Play off winners: 4% - 12 votes
    Play offs: 32% - 86 votes
    7th - 12th: 16% - 44 votes
    13th - 20th: 2% - 7 votes
    Relegation: 1% - 4 votes

389 voted at the start of the season, 265 of you voted for this latest one. I'm sure that will mean something in the real world and what it means for a proper comparison, but I'll just choose to ignore that :smiley:

Next week's poll: WILL BREXIT BE A SUCCESS
  • come on, own up, who's the four who both times voted for relegation, @cabbles can you check Roly, KM, TK and Fraeye haven't signed up?
  • Rob7Lee said:

come on, own up, who's the four who both times voted for relegation, @cabbles can you check Roly, KM, TK and Fraeye haven't signed up?

Poll was anonymised - you may have to go to the chiefs for that sort of request

PS - I don't mean old crab stick either
  • cabbles said:

Rob7Lee said:

come on, own up, who's the four who both times voted for relegation, @cabbles can you check Roly, KM, TK and Fraeye haven't signed up?

Poll was anonymised - you may have to go to the chiefs for that sort of request

PS - I don't mean old crab stick either
    @Fiiish ? :wink:
  • I think we need another poll after the Wigan game :smiley:
  • I think we need another poll after the Wigan game :smiley:

I think there should be one after every game and maybe 2 or 3 during the match and have cabbles doing a Jon Snow swingometer thing as we lurch from Champions to Relegation and back again.