Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

**New Poll: Have you changed your mind on where we will finish?**

Comments

• Options

The last time I felt this good about the start of a season was the year that Parkinson's team won 6 or 7 on the bounce and then bombed out of the playoffs so I'm giving it a bit longer before I get too excited.

So SCP's record breaking team's start to the season didn't do it for you ?
  • Options
    We will be top at xmas12 points clear and a low prem team will come in for Karl Robinson he will leave and take Clarke , Holmes, konsa, Aribo, Pearce, mag

We will finish 9th
  • Options
    said playoffs, now think top 2 (very dependent on injuries)
  • Options
    As a current member of the SMT said on Saturday night, "it's a long season...", so there is plenty of time for Roland and Katie to mess it up. I mean, we haven't sacked the manager yet this season, nor have we balanced the books, so expect a few outgoings in January!
  • Options

Would be interesting to hear the views of those who think we'll get relegated

Plenty of time yet... Plenty of time!!
  • Options
    I'm sticking with my 7th-12th at present. Signs are great but I'm still really worried if we lose Magennis and se Silva to injury or suspension because we are still very thin and shaky in those positions.

I can't see Duchatelet and Meire finding the extra money to bring in high quality additions to the squad in January either, when prices are always super-inflated.
  • Options
    I said playoffs and have not dared to change my mind. Fingers crossed for better, although I would love to watch us at Wembley.
  • Options
    Surely it's far too early for that. It's a long season. We've started better than I hoped, yes, but it's a marathon not a sprint.
  • Options
    Said automatic promotion first time and haven't changed my mind
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Said Champions in July, with a worst case secnario of a win at Wembley. Nothing to change my mind bar the crass decision re the lack of strikers up front. Injuries more than ever need to be avoided in that position. Bar that no excuses for all concerned.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Rob7Lee said:

I said 7th - 12th last time, I always thought our 1st 11 were good enough for the play offs or an outside chance of automatic but as we know it's a long seasons and bans and injuries happen and I didn't feel we had a good enough squad depth.

I've been surprised at how good the 1st 11 have played, but it's still early, it's still a long season and we still have inadequate depth for a sustained push for promotion. Come those injuries etc on a cold winters Tuesday evening up north relying on 2-3 youngers or Jacko at left back isn't going to be title form.

But i'm feeling positive :smiley: i'll switch to play off's, getting maximum points on the board in Sept/October will be critical so If we get 10 points out of the next 4 games i'll be confident of the play off's.

With Marshall, Reeves and Page to come in, i think the squad is stronger than people think, just the striker roll that concerns me

For the record said Playoffs last time now feel Automatic is a strong possibility
  • Options
    I'd upgrade from top half to top 6...but am well aware that we shouldn't be getting carried away
  • Options
    Think Tuesday is a good test of where we will finish, and if the relatively small squad can cope playing Saturday-Tuesday
  • Options
    a company from Dubai will come in for us making us the worlds richest club----it will be front page news all over the. middle east ----the worlds economy will fall off a cliff which no financial experts will forecast and the company will withdraw their offer----nahhhhh to far fetched would never happen
  • Options
    No
  • Options
    have us in a acca to win league anyway so NO
  • Options
    I voted 7th-12th previously. Changed mind to play-offs. Main reason for that is we have arguably the best first 11 in the league and from what I've seen so far, the division is at its lowest standard for a while.
    Obviously there is a long way to go, and I still worry should we lose Kashi or Holmes to injury
  • Options

The last time I felt this good about the start of a season was the year that Parkinson's team won 6 or 7 on the bounce and then bombed out of the playoffs so I'm giving it a bit longer before I get too excited.

So SCP's record breaking team's start to the season didn't do it for you ?
    I don't remember getting excited until Kermogant signed and he got a few games under his belt. We certainly didn't look like a team who were going to bulldoze the league in that first month of the season.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

I'm sticking with my 7th-12th at present. Signs are great but I'm still really worried if we lose Magennis and se Silva to injury or suspension because we are still very thin and shaky in those positions.

I can't see Duchatelet and Meire finding the extra money to bring in high quality additions to the squad in January either, when prices are always super-inflated.

Exactly this. I had 8th place in mind when I did the last poll. With a second decent striker in the squad I would be upgrading, but there isn't, there won't be, and Magennis will pick up an injury probably as a result of being over played. He is one of the few players who is busy over the international break, while being asked to cope with a 46 game league.

IMO, SCP's squad that started the season was already better than this - better keepers, no first choices were loans. And then he added YK.

So no change. I hope I am wrong, starting with a win tmrw night.
  • Options
    Voted automatic and still optimistic
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am still hopeful that Grigg may be signed in January
  • Options
    Hate shit like this . We've played 6 games. 3/4 injuries and with our squad we are in big trouble. People getting way too carried away, enjoy the wins whilst they last but this is Charlton , and as we all know the last 3/4 years have gone far from smooth.

I'll see we're we are placed at Xmas. Will get a bit excited then if we are still up there
  • Options
    Too early to make a prediction - our squad looks very thin.

• Options
    Its a long old season. If big Josh gets injured it could all change. Same with Holmes.
  • Options

Too early to make a prediction - our squad looks very thin.

That'll be the pre-season training...
  • Options
    Thought top six and now think top two if we avoid serious injuries.
  • Options
    Thought 7-12th, now think playoffs. Lack of depth will hurt us again.
  • Options
    Premature ejaculation.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

Hate shit like this . We've played 6 games. 3/4 injuries and with our squad we are in big trouble. People getting way too carried away, enjoy the wins whilst they last but this is Charlton , and as we all know the last 3/4 years have gone far from smooth.

I'll see we're we are placed at Xmas. Will get a bit excited then if we are still up there

Sure there's some going over the top but there's also others being overly negative. To some the squad would be considered thin unless we had close to 30 senior players, which is never to happen.

I don't remember when we last had the sort of depth in terms of attacking midfielders that we currently have. That will always give us a chance as we have several players that should get their fair share of goals and assists.