Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

That Dutch Bloke @ Palace

Comments

• is de Bore Boer really going to get £4 million for being an absolute waste of space ? .. there just is far too much dosh being wasted in 'top level' football .. I digress but wonder if Costa is still being paid by Chelsea ?

Never mind - their cheapest tickets for the home game against Wet Spam are £42.50 and £20 for Children. Won't take too many Croydon idiots to pay of FDB.
  • Roy Hodges does know his stuff but I'm guessing and hoping that he's not going to get the respect of the players. Most of them will see him as an old joke. He needs to get that win against Southampton or it could easily be eight games no points.
  • Roy Hodges does know his stuff but I'm guessing and hoping that he's not going to get the respect of the players. Most of them will see him as an old joke. He needs to get that win against Southampton or it could easily be thirty eight games no points.

We live in hope.
  • Roy Hodges does know his stuff but I'm guessing and hoping that he's not going to get the respect of the players. Most of them will see him as an old joke. He needs to get that win against Southampton or it could easily be eight games no points.

Here's hoping.
  • Why Woy/

People give him stick for the England role but he was a very successful club and international manager before then.

Whether his time has gone we don't know but his record is decent.
  • Why Woy/

People give him stick for the England role but he was a very successful club and international manager before then.

Agree but the players will think he's yesterday's man and a dinosaur. Hopefully.

• edited September 2017

Roy Hodges does know his stuff but I'm guessing and hoping that he's not going to get the respect of the players. Most of them will see him as an old joke. He needs to get that win against Southampton or it could easily be eight games no points.

Allardyce was on the telly on Friday .. the discussion was partly about the Palace job, it seemed to be an open secret that de Bore was toast ..
    now ol Sam is not shy in coming forward .. ignoring the jobs where he was less than a roaring success (e.g. Newcastle) he stated that he was not at all interested in going back as he felt (I paraphrase) that the team was doomed and .. quote .. 'I don't want a failure on my CV' .. unquote .. take that with a big pinch of salt .. if even Sam the Sham thinks Palace is a busted flush, they must be in a right old state .. after all, many of the players are his signings !
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2017
    1StevieG said:

37 managers? One of the most desirable jobs in football? I suppose this Parrish fella has to talk some bollocks to make managing a shit stain club in Croydon seem half appealing.

Probably same again this time, but did he interview them ALL before breakfast and then appoint Roy anyway??

Not a patch on our Daisy, if he couldn't handle that!! :wink:
  • The Dutch bloke is the clever one, he walks away with three years money. Wankers !
  • Fair well Frank, it was fun whilst it lasted but we will always have Huddersfield at home to remember you by.

• Fair well Frank, it was fun whilst it lasted but we will always have Huddersfield at home to remember you by.

Such a sweet kick-off to the season.
  • They've already lost to burnley Huddersfield and Swansea.

They've got Manu , man city then Chelsea coming up in a row.

Struggle to think how they may come out of that alive, although you never know.

Roy Hodgson ... cant see him being the answer.

The job he did at Fulham was impressive but that was something like close to 10 years ago.
  • Why Woy/

Depends on how you define success. Making West Brom and Fulham competitive, definitely.

But "very" successful implies more than this, to me at least...

Halmstads BK
    Allsvenskan: 1976, 1979

Örebro SK
    Division 2 North: 1984

Malmö FF
    Allsvenskan: 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989
    Svenska Cupen: 1985–86, 1988–89

Neuchâtel Xamax
    Swiss Super Cup: 1990

Inter Milan
    UEFA Cup runner-up: 1997

Copenhagen
    Danish Superliga: 2000–01
    Danish Super Cup: 2001

Fulham
    UEFA Europa League runner-up: 2010

Individual
    LMA Manager of the Year: 2010
    Knight, First Class of the Order of the Lion of Finland
  • They should not have sacked him, should have kept him on until Christmas, hopefully by then they would have been nearly relegated
  • Addickted said:

6 mill payout it will cost to sack him according to twitter.

£4m.

Just £52k per day he's been there. :smile:

still not bad is it, if you fancy a laugh gloss over twitter they arent happy, calling for parish to go and moaning that he hasnt been given enough time.
    W****** the lot of 'em.
  • Parrish has panicked. The money in football is so skewed to the PL that getting relegated even with the huge parachute payments can spell disaster. In their case I sincerely hope so.
  • Sponsored links:

• Every manager that has gone in there after they had a poor start/poor form in recent seasons has turned it around...It surely has to fail soon.
  • Every manager that has gone in there after they had a poor start/poor form in recent seasons has turned it around...It surely has to fail soon.

Yep
  • Jesus wept... the idiots wanted rid of him two weeks ago!!... TWO games in

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41229891

Their reasons for not wanting him either are a joke as well

- De Boer's apparent diversion from a number of agreements reached when he signed, such as the team's formation.
    - Surely thats the Managers decision as to what formation etc. is used, if he wants to change it then its up to him

- The involvement of Parish in first-team matters.
    - He may have saved them from Administration but the owner shouldnt be getting involved in these matters!!

It almost sounds as though Palace have the same idiotic setup that we've got only its at least funny with them!!... Reckon they've got one of the relegation spots confirmed if they continue with this attitude for sure!! - And I know Parish shouldnt be getting involved in the above yet for fans to be pissed off with him means I hope they go straight down the leagues like a bad curry!!
  • Parrish has panicked. The money in football is so skewed to the PL that getting relegated even with the huge parachute payments can spell disaster. In their case I sincerely hope so.

The same has been said every single year.
  • Chizz said:

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned who their next four games are against.

Next season one could well be against us
  • edited September 2017

Parrish has panicked. The money in football is so skewed to the PL that getting relegated even with the huge parachute payments can spell disaster. In their case I sincerely hope so.

He's basically done exactly what Richard Murray did back in 2006 then...

i.e. Hired the wrong Manager / Thrown the cash at anyone who'll join = Backfire!!

They've modelled themselves on Sunderland.
  • Its about time that owners of English football clubs wake up and get to know ,no one knows English football better than the English.

As for Frank he can now go back to Holland with aload of cash, sit back and do nothing for as long as he likes.

• Looking forward to beating them this time next year and we can reclaim our rightful place as South London's #1.

We always have and always will be "number 1 in South London".
    Fair point and maybe reclaim was the wrong word... all I meant was that their success over the past few years has meant they've been allowed to become noisier and noisier neighbours. It'll be a great feeling to pee on their parade and put them in their place.