Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

That Dutch Bloke @ Palace

Comments

• Shame Hodgson's in the frame. Would have loved to see the wild rumours for the next one in the palace hotseat :)
    Iain Dowie anyone?

Robinson?
  • Shame Hodgson's in the frame. Would have loved to see the wild rumours for the next one in the palace hotseat :)
    Iain Dowie anyone?

Robinson?
    Only if Robinson want's to move closer to his family :)
  • edited September 2017
    Hodgson set to take over is the word in the office, Bilic has three more games at most at West Ham.
  • I tell you one thing, that Parrish bloke doesn't suffer fools.

Maybe not, but this appointment was either arrogance or stupidity. Prem teams can't afford to change their footballing ethos, the stakes are too high with no guarantee of bouncing back.

Either Parrish felt the squad was too good to be relegated, or he didn't do his due diligence properly.
  • Addickted said:
    77 days?
    This makes Robinson's tenure under 'The Regime' seem like a lifetime. :)
    In Duchalet terms it is.
  • They have some tough games coming up and it looks like they've pressed the panic button.
    The de boer style of football just didn't fit..trying to get cart horses to run the national.Roy(IF he gets the job) will settle them down and have them moving up the table. :(
  • Sponsored links:

• 4 games is ridiculous though.
  • Crazy, football is getting worse.
  • 3 of their next four games are utd, city and chelsea.
  • edited September 2017

4 games is ridiculous though.

Not sure if it got a mention in the thread but one of the papers over the weekend said if he went it would beat Les Reed's 7 match PL record for the shortest managerial tenure
  • edited September 2017
    It's a shame and I blame YOU lot for blowing agent De Boer's cover!

I guess we can only hope that Woy will bore them to death and relegation.
  • Would love to see the dildo brothers sack Bilic as well.
    then watch both west Ham and palace freefall.
  • I agree with the not getting the breaks bit, but what is good about this start to the season is how many supposed weaker teams have beaten them. I think outside of Liverpool away, they have lost points in games that can cost you. Let's hope so.
  • De Boer must be gutted just 5 more days and he would have beaten Fraeye's record in Rnglish football.
  • Sponsored links:

• 4m pay off doesn't seem much when you are getting around £150m in TV money. A manager a month should fuck the stripey shites right up.
  • edited September 2017
    Laughable quote by Parrish from when he appointed him in June

'we need an evolution over time'

Bet Frank didn't realise that time = 4 matches !!
  • I'm gutted for the man. If he was the right man for the job a month ago, (which he obviously was), he must be the right man for the job now. 5 games in and sacked, they really needed a dozen or more to see if he could at least get them a draw.

Seriously for one moment, theses football owners haven't got clue when it comes to running a club, all luck and guess work.
    Palace really did get lucky with their promotion and the subsequent seasons and then they get ideas above the players ability by appointing a coach that most supporter could see was a shot in the dark rather than sound reasoning. To me employing DeBoer smacks of someone watching a video of the Dutch '70 sides and thinking "I can do that".
    They should have made sure Fat Sam was happy, money would have done that. Now they will have to decide whether to stick or twist, either way this is going to be one hell of an expensive season for them.
  • is de Bore Boer really going to get £4 million for being an absolute waste of space ? .. there just is far too much dosh being wasted in 'top level' football .. I digress but wonder if Costa is still being paid by Chelsea ?
  • 37 managers? One of the most desirable jobs in football? I suppose this Parrish fella has to talk some bollocks to make managing a shit stain club in Croydon seem half appealing.
  • Admittedly 4 defeats without scoring a goal is pretty terrible but if you employ someone to change your entire ethos and style of play then you can't seriously expect him to do that in 4 games.

And then go and replace with him with the complete numpty who plays absolutely dire football and couldn't even beat Iceland at the Euro's.
  • £4m for no points, no goals, no idea...where do I sign up for a sweet deal like that???
  • 6 mill payout it will cost to sack him according to twitter.

Wasn't his contract in dog years rather than human years though?