Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Come on, Nick Pope!

Comments

• Options

Massive chance for Pope, I hadn't realised Paul Robinson had retired so he's the main backup keeper there now

Ignore all his clean sheets in the Prem.

He made a couple of mistakes when he first played for us and that's what he must be judged on forever.

says no one but you. From what I can see everyone else is being really supportive and complimentary.

Won't go to Russia but pleased for him.
  • Options

Massive chance for Pope, I hadn't realised Paul Robinson had retired so he's the main backup keeper there now

He made a couple of mistakes when he first played for us and that's what he must be judged on forever.

says no one but you. From what I can see everyone else is being really supportive and complimentary.

Whooooooooooooooooooooooosh
  • Options
    Are we sure he wont go to Russia? Surely he must have a chance if he keeps this up.
  • Options

Are we sure he wont go to Russia? Surely he must have a chance if he keeps this up.

Until last week, I thought he had no chance. However, as long as Joe Hart is continually benched he has a chance to take his place.
  • Options
    Killing it in my fantasy footy team! About the only bright point in another terrible season for me!
  • Options

Until last week, I thought he had no chance. However, as long as Joe Hart is continually benched he has a chance to take his place.
    At the moment he's still behind Hart, Butland and Pickford I assume, with Hart the experienced choice for the squad

With Forster, Foster and Tom Heaton, there are a decent number of English keepers playing in the PL.
  • Options
    How many clean sheets are down to him and how much down to the Burnley defence? Decent keeper but not really sure how good he is.
  • Options
    Dont forget when Butland pulled out of the November Friendlies it was Angus Gunn called up in his place from the U21 Squad rather than Nick Pope being called.

Reckon the same would happen again as Gunn is one of these players who has progressed through the England setup - Whilst its a good idea I hope it doesnt become the be all to appear for England as there will always the late bloomers and type who'll fall through the cracks as a kid.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I expect Pope to play for England one day, but it's too soon at the moment.
  • Options
    In recent years our team could have looked like this if it wasn't for the owners.

Pope (Hamer)

Solly
    Gomez
    Morrison
    Wiggins

Gudmundson
    Stephens
    Kashi

Lookman
    Harriott
    Kermorgant
  • Options
    dizzee said:

In recent years our team could have looked like this if it wasn't for the owners.

Pope (Hamer)

Solly
    Gomez
    Morrison
    Wiggins

Gudmundson
    Stephens
    Kashi

Lookman
    Harriott
    Kermorgant

Minus Kashi and Gudmundson.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Pope (Hamer)

Solly
    Gomez
    Morrison
    Wiggins

Gudmundson
    Stephens
    Kashi

Lookman
    Harriott
    Kermorgant

No Gudmundsson no Kashi

And Wiggins would s be a long term injury.
  • Options
    Just wanted to check; are we ruling out Gudmundsson and Kashi simply because the owners wouldnt have been around to sign them rather than the fact there are better players instead of them?
  • Options

No this isn't a whoosh. I was perfectly aware that you didn't mean what you were saying. I just don't get why you're digging fans out for past comments on Pope that were justified at the time.

But now fans are congratulating Pope and he's getting the praise he deserves. Doubt many saw him playing Prem football but fair play to the lad. Don't get your comment at all though to be honest.
  • Options

No this isn't a whoosh. I was perfectly aware that you didn't mean what you were saying. I just don't get why you're digging fans out for past comments on Pope that were justified at the time.

But now fans are congratulating Pope and he's getting the praise he deserves. Doubt many saw him playing Prem football but fair play to the lad. Don't get your comment at all though to be honest.
    Whoooooooosh
  • Options

Just wanted to check; are we ruling out Gudmundsson and Kashi simply because the owners wouldnt have been around to sign them rather than the fact there are better players instead of them?

I was ruling them out for your first option
  • Options
    edited December 2017

It's his way of saying I told you so.

It does get incredibly annoying - but Dillon Phillips will one day hopefully shine too and then He will no doubt rightfully come and dig me out.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

It does get incredibly annoying - but Dillon Phillips will one day hopefully shine too and then He will no doubt rightfully come and dig me out.
    He was still undoubtedly digging out fans for criticism of Pope justified at the time.

This is the same Henry saying Ansah was going to be a star.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Dazzler21 said:

He was still undoubtedly digging out fans for criticism of Pope justified at the time.

Whoooooooooooooooosh
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

Whoooooooooooooooosh
    Henners you can't just say whooosh every time someone tries to disagree with you.

Cue the smart twat who will whooosh this.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

Whoooooooooooooooosh
    Carry on being a keyboard warrior ;)
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

Whoooooooooooooooosh
    Someone's tired
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

Whoooooooooooooooosh
    Henners you can't just say whooosh every time someone tries to disagree with you.

No, only people who don't get a joke and then get upset, try to start an argument with an abusive inbox message and then when that fails bring it back on to the main board to clog up this thread.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

Whoooooooooooooooosh
    Someone's tired
    A little but that's just because I have a life rather than sitting on my fat are being a prick on a forum :)
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

Whoooooooooooooooosh
    Someone's tired
    A little but that's just because I have a life rather than sitting on my fat are being a prick on a forum :)
    Bye bye
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

Whoooooooooooooooosh

No, only people who don't get a joke and then get upset, try to start an argument with an abusive inbox message and then when that fails bring it back on to the main board to clog up this thread.
    I replied to Dazzler, you decided to carry on being ignorant mate.

I haven't sent an abusive inbox, you have been smug and ignorant across those messages and I asked you not to be a keyboard warrior but you are refusing.
  • Options
    Henry loves his in box being abused.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Henry loves his in box being abused.

Only by you big boy