Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Come on, Nick Pope!

Comments

• Options

Well done young Nick. Ends a good weekend with Millwall and Palace losing.

And with us winning - this seems to be becoming a regular occurrence - long may it continue.
  • Options
    Palace : 4 games 0 points, 0 goals and still not bottom.
  • Options
    "Tom Heaton, it looks like a dislocated shoulder and if that is the case we are looking at months, not weeks."
  • Options

Sammy Lee is an odious little cnut glad he is at at them stripey cnuts

I once worked with a bloke who knew him quite well and your description is an accurate one.
  • Options

"Tom Heaton, it looks like a dislocated shoulder and if that is the case we are looking at months, not weeks."

Huge chance for Nick Pope to try and get that No.1 spot
  • Options

Leuth said:

Wen you consider the amount of money that Palace have spent on the likes of Cabaye,McArthur,Benteke,Sakho,Zaha,Townsend,Schlupp,and De Boer wouldnt have come cheap they shouldnt be in bottom three ...teehee.
    I wonder if we will be playing them next season?

If we are I doubt we will worry them too much.

Can't buy confidence. I reckon if we played them next week we'd give them a proper game
    Well you never know but they have individual players worth more than the whole of Charlton including The Valley. That's how far we have fallen behind them and it hurts me just to be reminded.

I know where you are coming from , but if they were to be relegated, they would likely lose the likes of Benteke,Sakho,Zaha,Cabaye,Townsend - they are too good to be playin g in the champs.
    Yes they would but they would sign quality championship players to fill the gaps with the ridiculous parachute payments on offer.

I remember how well that worked for us.
  • Options
    Blucher said:

There appears to be a real smell of panic emanating from Selhurst Park.

That's not panic. That's the usual smell of Selhurst. They don't call them "Palarse" for nothing.
  • Options

Pope over palace.

Don't let Henry VIII hear you say that.
    World class.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

I once worked with a bloke who knew him quite well and your description is an accurate one.
    I know people that have played under him and not one person has said anything other than he is a two faced grassing little cnut

I know someone who coached alongside him and said he is a complete disgrace of a man

How does he keep getting jobs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Uboat said:

I know people that have played under him and not one person has said anything other than he is a two faced grassing little cnut

I know someone who coached alongside him and said he is a complete disgrace of a man

How does he keep getting jobs
    I take it you don't like him NLA
  • Options
    Can't stand him mate I really can't some of the things you hear about how much of a kiss arse he is just makes you wonder about the morals of some people
  • Options
    Should start a petition, De Boer must stay.
  • Options

Can't stand him mate I really can't some of the things you hear about how much of a kiss arse he is just makes you wonder about the morals of some people

Tbf I've pretty much heard the same
  • Options
    Can't see Pope starting if Heaton has a long term injury. His nerves seemed shot to bits at times at Charlton and I don't know how he'll cope with the spotlight in the Prem.

Was very surprised Burnley signed him.
  • Options

Can't see Pope starting if Heaton has a long term injury. His nerves seemed shot to bits at times at Charlton and I don't know how he'll cope with the spotlight in the Prem.

Dyche will give him a chance
  • Options

Well, when he can pull off magic like this, I wasn't too surprised. Good luck Popey!

• Options
    I hope it works out for him.
  • Options
    Was I the only one feeling a bit nervous for Pope and desperate for him to not make a mistake, Bonus that he didn't and kept a clean sheet condemning Palace to another defeat
  • Options

Burnley don't have an experienced PL backup keeper, so Pope is next in line. Their other keeper is very much a cheap backup

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Legzdins

If this injury had happened in August, would they have brought someone in?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He'd still be my 1st choice.
  • Options
    It looks like Heaton will be out for a while.
    Burnley have taken former Manchester United goalkeeper Anders Lindegaard, 33, on trial. (Lancashire Telegraph)
  • Options

It looks like Heaton will be out for a while.

Burnley have taken former Manchester United goalkeeper Anders Lindegaard, 33, on trial. (Lancashire Telegraph)
    Were we linked with him? Or did we on CL just know he was available and say "It'd be nice if we went after him."
  • Options
    Burnley 1-0 up at Liverpool... come on Nick.
  • Options
    Equaliser... :-(
  • Options
    Played well today. Nice to see him being interviewed on Final Score
  • Options
    They were ranting and raving about him today , apparently made one of the save of the saves of the season today
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Good luck, Popey.

Katrien was right, as usual. At least we got the chance to see a Premiership star of the future.