Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Scunthorpe away advance purchase train tickets- 25/11/17

edited September 2017 in Match Day Travel
The cheapest tickets available at the moment are as follows
Dep Kings Cross 07.12 arr Doncaster 09.43 £20.50 [£13.55] Dep Doncaster 10.07 arr Scunthorpe 10.46
Dep Kings Cross 09.48 arr Doncaster 12.13 £15.00 [£9.90] Dep Doncaster 12.37 arr Scunthorpe 13.02 £11.80 day return [£7.80]

Dep Scuntthorpe 18.08 arr Doncaster 18.38
Dep Doncaster 19.02 arr Kings Cross 21.22 £15.00 [£9.90]
Dep Doncaster 19.36 arr Kings Cross 22.12 £10.70 [£7.05]
Railcard fares in brackets.

These fares are on Hull trains & Grand Central as Virgin East coast have not released there advance fares yet but i doubt they will be cheaper.Also there is engineering work which is why trains are scheduled to take about 40 minutes longer Between London/Doncaster.

Comments

• The 11.08 and 13.08 from Doncaster to Scunthorpe are both £3.00 singles

The 19.19 Scunthorpe to Doncaster is £3.70 with the three previous trains all £11.70 single
  • edited October 2017

The 11.08 and 13.08 from Doncaster to Scunthorpe are both £3.00 singles

The 19.19 Scunthorpe to Doncaster is £3.70 with the three previous trains all £11.70 single

tickets on the above trains, i.e. before19.19 from Cleethorpes to Donny are advertised on nationalrail.co.uk at £6.50, before any 'card' reductions .. what's to stop buying online and saving a fiver + .. the fares from Scunny are out of order, profiteering at the expense of football fans .. check out the website @ElfsborgAddick

http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/timesandfares/CLE/DON/251117/1730/dep
  • earlier trains from Clee to Donny via Scunthorpe are also £6.50 single

tickets on the above trains, i.e. before19.19 from Cleethorpes to Donny are advertised on nationalrail.co.uk at £6.50, before any 'card' reductions .. what's to stop buying online and saving a fiver + .. the fares from Scunny are out of order, profiteering at the expense of football fans .. check out the website @ElfsborgAddick

Just been on it mate, that is a very sly one.

I think you need to join the growing band of Rail Travel Co-Ordinators on here mate.

I think you need to join the growing band of Rail Travel Co-Ordinators on here mate.
    I don't often use the train nowadays but when I do, I shop around for the very best advance deals .. and the staff at Grimsby station are always very helpful as well ((:>) ..

I just hope there is no 'by law' or regulation which prevents booking a seat on a train departing from a station three stops before you wanna get on .. are you going to Scunny Gazza ?
  • edited October 2017
    Thanks for the heads up Lincsaddick . I am going via Sheffield and come back via Doncaster . Especially as the fare from Sheffield is £5.70 or you can do TransPennie to Clethorpes for £8 compared to 15.50 to Scunthorpe well that's on the 10.10 from Sheffield
  • Thanks for the heads up Lincsaddick . I am going via Sheffield and come back via Doncaster . Especially as the fare from Sheffield is £5.70 or you can do TransPennie to Clethorpes for £8 compared to 15.50 to Scunthorpe well that's on the 10.10 from Sheffield

cheers .. all the trains to and fro Donny/Scunny around kick off/end of game time are much more costly than usual .. you gotta shop around nowadays

I don't often use the train nowadays but when I do, I shop around for the very best advance deals .. and the staff at Grimsby station are always very helpful as well ((:>) ..

I just hope there is no 'by law' or regulation which prevents booking a seat on a train departing from a station three stops before you wanna get on .. are you going to Scunny Gazza ?
    In Las Palmas that weekend.

Next game for me Portsmouth away.

Unless the Belgians f*** off beforehand.
  • Sponsored links:

• Las Palmas !! .. not a patch on Sunny Scunny .. enjoy it and see you ...errrrr sometime this season .. or next
  • edited October 2017

Your ticket may not work at the barrier/gate.
    We wanted to get off/out at Leicester when we discovered the Sheff W away game had been postponed.
    We couldn't exit the barrier and the staff gave us all sort of agg, telling us we could only exit at Sheffield.
    Obviously we did exit at Leicester in the end.
  • edited October 2017

We wanted to get off/out at Leicester when we discovered the Sheff W away game had been postponed.
    We couldn't exit the barrier and the staff gave us all sort of agg, telling us we could only exit at Sheffield.

your scenario is getting off/out at a station before the intended destination, whereas any potential problem under my thng would be getting on at Scunthorpe, there is no barrier at Doncaster, just a platform change for London trains ..

lately when I have used the train at Rotherham and Meadowhall, Grimsby and Cleethorpes, Leeds, Sheffield, Manchester and a few other busy places on a Saturday for example, there have been no checks for getting ON the train, the staff and :Police at the station just wave you through, same as at Charlton after a game .. the onus on catching fare dodgers etc. is when they get OFF or are on board in transit .. trains are usually too busy after games for ticket checkers to get round and check many, if any tickets and once on board you're ok because the ticket from (e.g.) Cleethorpes or Grimsby is valid ..

still it is a bit of a risk and was just a thought on my part, I'll be driving the 32 miles to and from Scunthorpe .. enjoy the game .. got a few to go before then ((:>)

i done the same and immediatly proceeded to look up the next train back to london, leicester has probably got to be one of the worst places ive ever visited in england and i have been to millwall away
  • can now make this game and trying to price it up cheapest i can find is £70.50 return.

• Valley Away travel service sold out waiting list is now in place apparently,how about laying on extra coach/coaches & advertising there availability.
  • clive said:

Valley Away travel service sold out waiting list is now in place apparently,how about laying on extra coach/coaches & advertising there availability.
    I wonder what service we'll run to Swansea.