Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

On Blackheath Festival

Anyone go? Any good?

Comments

• Options
    I'm going this afternoon so will let you know
  • Options
    Yeah went yesterday, Kate tempest was, in my view fucking awesome.

Metronomy were a bit rubbish and Travis were ok.

It wasn't very busy, some decent food and that inside, good for kids, at £6 a beer it was towards the pricey end.
  • Options
    I loved it last year, a sort festival for the older people where you can relive the past a bit and get home for bed time.
    I wanted to go today but the wife isn't too keen on the Libertines or Seasick Steve. Shame really because both put on a fine show.
  • Options
    This will be the last one.
  • Options
    Would be interested to know what the crowds are like - the previous promoters shifted a lot of heavily-discounted tickets, but the new ones don't seem to have gone in for that (though they are now doing evening tickets for £20). Only went last year because we got cheap tickets - wouldn't pay full whack for it, sod £6 for a beer.

• Options
    Looks busy for Jake Bugg. I would've liked to see him.

• Options
    He would be immense there seen him a few times now and really enjoyed his set he really is one of those who playing live people should try and see
  • Options
    Festival promoters will be looking to swallow a loss for the first three years of a festival (pretty much all of the festivals this size will) . On Blackheath will have made a loss all three years and although the promoter has changed it's very unlikely they will be happy to have another year losing money.
  • Options
    Festival promoters will be looking to swallow a loss for the first three years of a festival (pretty much all of the festivals this size will) . On Blackheath will have made a loss all three years and although the promoter has changed it's very unlikely they will be happy to have another year losing money.
  • Options
    Very rare For any event to make any serious money in the first 5 years

Until they build the brand and create interest for a blue chip sponsor to come in and help absorb the running costs

This year cornbury festival closed its gates for the last time and they were well supported on the end

I know that latitude and camp bestival got some decent sponsorship in that made a big difference to them

With global media buying a big % of broadwick live this should help the festivals get some decent blue chip sponsors that they bring with their brand can potentially save some of the smaller ones
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm seeing Bugg at Liverpool Philharmonic and I can't wait.
  • Options
    First time I have been, was excellent, loads of decent acts

Went mainly for Jake Bugg and he was really good