Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Clark v Holmes (or another). Who would be your first name on the team sheet?

TBH I've not seen enough games this season to judge but the impression I get is that Holmes would just pip Clark on current importance to the team.

Discuss.

Comments

• Options

Kashi.

For the good of the discussion please state your reason too.
  • Options

I would be staggered if there is a better player than Holmes in this division

So would I, and I would enjoy seeing him play.

Right now anyway I wouldn't drop any player even if all of them can have the odd dicky moment from time to time.
  • Options
    Holmes, obviously
  • Options
    Clarke work mainly goes unoticed

Holmes is a flair player

Kashi a workhorse

All 3 as key as each other but people will say Holmes because of his end product
  • Options
    I genuinely like them both but Holmes is one of the most exciting players I have seen in my 55 years of watching my beloved Charlton.
  • Options
    Holmes because he will score
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    OUCH!!... Difficult question

Holmes edges it because he's the flair player and useful for getting on the end of any ball because of his pace and control...

Clarke wouldnt be able to bring the ball away from danger in the same way as he'd need to ping the ball to someone in front of him as isnt as quick.
  • Options
    I think Holmes is ahead for me, probably in the top 3 players in the league and is always a major threat.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

A great team as it stands wouldn't swap any of ours for any players in this league with the formation we play, with Konsa on the bench and Reeves and Marshall to come in this has going to be one entertaining season.

If I could put any player in the team from what I've seen so far it would be a well behaved and hard working: Nile Ranger

BUT he's proven time and again this aint gonna happen so isnt worth the risk
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    difficult .. I'll try not to avoid the issue .. Holmes was terrific last season in a poor team, he has flair and is a goal scorer, one of the stars of League 1 ..
    Kashi has recovered from injury and now runs our midfield which was awful last season ..
    Clarke complements Kashi superbly as does F-Caskey .. they all allow Holmes even more scope .. AND of course Amos is proving to be an excellent loanee .. the rest of the consistent selection are all (so far) having good seasons .. anyway to answer the question ..... errrrrrrrr errrrr

Kashi . why ? .. he runs the midfield and takes pressure off the defence and allows the strikers/wide players lots of scope .. this season he IS the difference
  • Options
    Ricky the Road runner because of his flair. But Clarke has been fantastic so far. Plus Kashi and JFC are making it possible for Holmes to play with freedom.

IF IF we can get 36 games out of Ricky Holmes, with the above players staying fit we should go close to a bit of success.

We should have a better idea after 10 games. So far so good.
  • Options

Kashi.

For the good of the discussion please state your reason too.
    No.
  • Options

A great team as it stands wouldn't swap any of ours for any players in this league with the formation we play, with Konsa on the bench and Reeves and Marshall to come in this has going to be one entertaining season.

If I could put any player in the team from what I've seen so far it would be a well behaved and hard working: Nile Ranger

Ranger is a wrongun, he would do more harm than good in this team. Any man that has the opportunity to be a footballer should think how lucky he is, not play with a tag and be indoors by seven due to a curfew.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Holmes... goals, assists, energy and consistency (especially for a winger). Should be playing Championship football. Hopefully he will for us next season.
  • Options

Nile Ranger is a big unit.

If Nile played for CAFC he would replace Josh and become the Lone Ranger.
    Or he'd be a good backup for Josh... Not saying he'd sign him because of the off-field issues but Robinson does seem to be a fan of Ranger going by his post match remarks

Amazing though he's 26-years old now, thought he'd be a lot younger still
  • Options

Ranger is a wrongun, he would do more harm than good in this team. Any man that has the opportunity to be a footballer should think how lucky he is, not play with a tag and be indoors by seven due to a curfew.
    Oh god yeah - Not saying that Ranger is a player we should sign, would definitely be against it myself

Especially as we're a London club, I know Southend isnt far from the Capital yet with us the lure of London trouble would be right on his doorstep
  • Options
    Magennis - because he tracks back and leads the line. Beats up defenders, scores and can provide for others too.
  • Options
    Holmes - we'd be a bit lost without him. Bags of energy and flair and plenty of goals.
  • Options
    Holmes makes a massive difference to the team's attacking play. For years Charlton have lacked a midfielder who drives the team forward. Endless fannying about with sideways passes without the wit to breakdown the opposition has been doing my head in for too many seasons now. Holmes goes right at the opposition, full speed, all the time. He's almost irreplaceable to the team at the moment (and therefore I expect Roland will sell him to Sheff Utd in January!)
  • Options
    edited September 2017
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Pearce for me. Holds that back four together
    We saw last season how much a miss he was.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Missed It said:

Holmes makes a massive difference to the team's attacking play. For years Charlton have lacked a midfielder who drives the team forward. Endless fannying about with sideways passes without the wit to breakdown the opposition has been doing my head in for too many seasons now. Holmes goes right at the opposition, full speed, all the time. He's almost irreplaceable to the team at the moment (and therefore I expect Roland will sell him to Sheff Utd in January!)

I'm frankly terrified about what's going to happen in the January transfer window. I'm convinced that RD will sell Holmes (and perhaps Kashi and Konsa) if another club comes in offering a few million quid and I think this will happen regardless of our league position. At the same time our rivals will all be strenghtening their squad for the run in and it could all end up very badly for us.

RD is still a complete and utter w@nker in my eyes and its just the sort of thing he would to to spite us long suffering fans. After all he openly admits that he doesn't care about results.