Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton vs Southend: post match views

Comments

• Good performance, great result, better atmosphere.
  • What was the attendance?

Up from 11,730 last season although don't have the home/away split
  • Southend were well organised so it was a tight game but we deserved the points without being at our very best.
  • edited September 2017
    wasn't there .. sounds like a well fought game with us much the better side ... we're in a promotion spot ... let's stay there all season .. Tuesday will be a bigun, although Wigan lost today at the new Brazil .. a k a Shrewsbury Town ((:>)
  • Crazy game but entertaing...as usual we made a meal out of nothing...they were just a hoof ball outfit and it was a good job we were up when their goal happened.....slicker teams will unlock us.

I didn't see too much hoof ball and slick isn't really a term most would use in the third tier of English football.
    But I suppose we all see different things and have different opinions.
  • Good win against a side you'd expect to be up there at the end of the season.
  • Thoroughly entertaining game again. We were mustard for 20 mins in the second half but need to stop dicking around when we go two up.

Had a couple of irritating kids in the row behind. Will be having a word with the parents if they become regulars. Meant I spent the first half in an increasingly bad mood but the rip roaring second half gripped me. Southend were no mugs. But we broke them down and should have won at a canter.

Our first eleven is a real treat and with Marshall (presumably for Fosu) and Reeves (dunno who he replaces but it sure as shit better not be Billy) to come in we look a real force. I just worry that really good teams will dismantle our defence but I'm not convinced there are many of those in this division. Valley was rocking again (well, as much is can when it's less than half full) with some unnecessary squeaky bums towards the end. Keeper doesn't convince me and we need to keep our Crown Jewels well protected but the entrtainment value is so much better this season.

On the negative side, Amos was back to worrying me again after a couple of better games. And I'll give young master Dodoo a few outings before I judge him but his cameo was not the greatest first impression.

Referee? Don't ask. The standard really is pitiful

Onwards and Upwards. Tuesday will be an acid test.

Why does dodoo get a few games to impress you? Amoss is worrying you again?! He's kept us in games so far this season to at least be evens with you surely?

We have a small team...only players defending a set play that can seriously do a job are Pearce, Bauer, and Magennis. Amos has been told to come out regardless, I'm on his side #teamamos. Will save us more points than he costs us
  • Amos is shaky on crosses

Doodoo is doodoo tbf
  • Sponsored links:

• Crazy game but entertaing...as usual we made a meal out of nothing...they were just a hoof ball outfit and it was a good job we were up when their goal happened.....slicker teams will unlock us.

(1) Who are these slicker teams (2) Are there enough of them in League One to pin us back?
    So you've seen all the opposition already. ..if your that confident how much have you put on us going up..if nothing Best keep quiet

Were you actually there ?

Yes were you...
  • edited September 2017

Thoroughly entertaining game again. We were mustard for 20 mins in the second half but need to stop dicking around when we go two up.

Had a couple of irritating kids in the row behind. Will be having a word with the parents if they become regulars. Meant I spent the first half in an increasingly bad mood but the rip roaring second half gripped me. Southend were no mugs. But we broke them down and should have won at a canter.

Our first eleven is a real treat and with Marshall (presumably for Fosu) and Reeves (dunno who he replaces but it sure as shit better not be Billy) to come in we look a real force. I just worry that really good teams will dismantle our defence but I'm not convinced there are many of those in this division. Valley was rocking again (well, as much is can when it's less than half full) with some unnecessary squeaky bums towards the end. Keeper doesn't convince me and we need to keep our Crown Jewels well protected but the entrtainment value is so much better this season.

On the negative side, Amos was back to worrying me again after a couple of better games. And I'll give young master Dodoo a few outings before I judge him but his cameo was not the greatest first impression.

Why does dodoo get a few games to impress you? Amoss is worrying you again?! He's kept us in games so far this season to at least be evens with you surely?

We have a small team...only players defending a set play that can seriously do a job are Pearce, Bauer, and Magennis. Amos has been told to come out regardless, I'm on his side #teamamos. Will save us more points than he costs us
    Personally Amos worried me simply because of the Plymouth error and today dont understand what he was doing when he came for and missed the ball just after it went 2-1... Yet still have to remember his Northampton / Rotherham performances along with the fact that every time I see him coming for a cross Im mostly confident that he'll catch it

I guess for many Dodoo will get longer to impress because if the ball doesnt stick to him or if he doesnt score every game then it isnt as costly as a Goalkeeper failing to keep the ball out of the net
  • Thoroughly entertaining game again. We were mustard for 20 mins in the second half but need to stop dicking around when we go two up.

Personally Amos worried me simply because of the Plymouth error and today dont understand what he was doing when he came for and missed the ball just after it went 2-1... Yet still have to remember his Northampton / Rotherham performances along with the fact that every time I see him coming for a cross Im mostly confident that he'll catch it

I guess for many Dodoo will get longer to impress because if the ball doesnt stick to him or if he doesnt score every game then it isnt as costly as a Goalkeeper failing to keep the ball out of the net
    I understand that his errors will be more costly than dodoos. But essentially, as a short defensive side, he is being encouraged to come and demand his bix in places that other keepers wouldnt.
  • We could have conceeded 3 times because of his flaps today, but we didn't. Could also have lost if it weren't for his key saves in other games
  • we won, enjoy the moment, over the 90 mins played we were the better team.
    The ref was pretty poor , Billy Clarke and Chris solly especially taken out a few times
    with no reprimands from the official.
  • cblock said:

we won, enjoy the moment, over the 90 mins played we were the better team.
    The ref was pretty poor , Billy Clarke and Chris solly especially taken out a few times

I didnt get the Ricky Holmes yellow card...

He was cleared fouled himself before he took out their man as he then had to suit his boot out!!
  • Thoroughly enjoyed that. Saw a few 'returners'. Holmes absolutely outstanding. Whole team a team. Robbo has done well. Win on Tuesday night and I'm a Monkees fan.
  • Sponsored links:

• What a great side we have...
    Happy Happy Happy
  • ForeverAddickted

cblock said:
    we won, enjoy the moment, over the 90 mins played we were the better team.

I didnt get the Ricky Holmes yellow card...

He was cleared fouled himself before he took out their man as he then had to suit his boot out!!

Loved that moment when he done his boots up in front of the ref and free kick taker, pissing both off.
  • edited September 2017
    Officials were cockwank but another great win for the lads.
  • I thought we slaughtered Southend in the first half. Just the goal(s) that was missing.
    Fortunately we scored two early second half goals, as I felt Southend got into the game more in the second period.
    Their goal gave us the traditional nervous ending. Overall we were very much deserved winners.
  • So funny old thing ... Gobinson the Gobby Scouser isn't such a mug after all.
  • i dont see anything in doodoo other than pace
  • i dont see anything in doodoo other than pace

Pace can be a very useful weapon though