Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ridiculous bag checks today

What's with them?, checked my kids bags going into crossbars (fair enough) put a green tag on it, then the total jobsworth who watched a leave crossbars and walk 10 yards to the turnstyle (with green tags on) actually insisted on searching them again, fully opened and checked.

Comments

• Options
    Has happened every home game so far... Asked the guy inside the East Stand why it was being done and quite simply is because of everything going on so cant be too careful.

Does seem stupid that they still want to check bags despite there being a Green tag on there, does defeat the object a little
  • Options
    Not seen it at all this season, especially the labelling of the bags
  • Options
    so bags double checked yet at the turnstiles 4 lads bumped through with ST Holders unchallenged? so no inflatables smuggled in but you can get to watch the game gratis...
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    SE7toSG3 said:

so bags double checked yet at the turnstiles 4 lads bumped through with ST Holders unchallenged? so no inflatables smuggled in but you can get to watch the game gratis...

I also got a pat down as well as having my bag checked... So its not just bags being targeted

Wife had her back checked against Bristol Rovers / same with me when I took a bag with drink etc. in when we played Northampton

Will say the Steward was good that I dealt with because he happily ignored by closed bottle of coke rather than insist that I take the lid off etc.
  • Options
    Crawley did same!
  • Options
    At least they didn't asks the women to show their Bras like they do at Stevenage !
  • Options
    Didn't have my bag checked at all today (East Stand). The only time it has been checked was the first game of the season
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

Bertie
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Ffs, If you don't like it, don't take a bag, or don't come to the game.

Very helpful
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

How can you complain about bags being checked?

I'm not, but twice when it's a 7 year olds bag that the bloke 10 yards away can see has been checked is a bit over the top don't you think!
  • Options

At least they didn't asks the women to show their Bras like they do at Stevenage !

I'm reliably informed that you strategically positioned yourself close by for an hour or more in order to check that out Beds and almost missed the kick-off. Clearly over and above the call of duty.
    Good on ya fella!
  • Options
    Daggs said:

Not half as ridiculous as letting some Islamic fanatic get in the ground with a bomb or weapon.

That's Interesting. Fiiish thinks my post is worth a LOL
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2017
    A man is told to check bags, so he checks bags, thats his role. Im sure he doesnt do it for fun or to piss you off. If he fails to check the bag, and instead relies on someone else already having done it properly, then he hasnt done HIS job. People also have been known to put stuff into kids bags for the very reason that the search may be more lenient.

At the very least I think we should install full body scanners, sniffer dogs, shoe removal, and touch your toes time for anyone who complains.
  • Options
    Any get their pencil cases rifled?

That'd be absolute carnage!
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    I remember on the Danny Baker 6-0-6 the chef who turned up with a full set of knives and cleavers in a roll of fabric, and I think was allowed in. Blimus I miss that show!.
  • Options
    They just gave a quick glance with outputting their hands in mine.
  • Options
    Wasn't there today but have had vigorous checks on my rucksack each time I've gone to The Valley this season , going in to the family stand .
    They have been more than fair with drinks etc going in to the ground , I'm not buying no shit from you Roly .
  • Options

They just gave a quick glance with outputting their hands in mine.

To be fair it would have taken 10 minutes to go through the belongings you carry into the ground.