Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

10 year season ticket

Given the fact that we r celebrating the 25 year anniversary of the return to the valley - who on here had a 10 year season ticket? we raised £1million to help with the cost of the return by buying these - i think it was called the valley investment plan - vip - which of course we could all have lost the lot if things had gone tits up so it was a fair old show of loyalty and commitment - a real show of putting your money where your mouth is - i'm assuming a lot on here bought one? i had prem football for £125 a year effectively because it all worked out but critically without this it may never have happened - did u buy one?

Comments

• Options
    Yes.
  • Options
    Yes. Took out a bank loan to purchase one.
  • Options
    What year did it go on sale?
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    I had a 10 yr S/T, followed by 2 x 5 yr S/Ts. Like you say, we could have lost a lot of money.
  • Options
    Does anyone remember how much these were?
  • Options
    edited September 2017

£1250.

Didn't have one, got a five year one, when that came around.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

£1250.

Didn't have one, got a five year one, when that cane around.
    Likewise, but then moved to Portugal about half way through... Still a good investment though.
  • Options
    Yep. £1250 for the 10 year one and I think you had to pay an admin fee each season. We were watching games in the premier league for a tenner!
  • Options
    Now fans won't buy one year ones.
  • Options
    I had a 10 year season ticket from 82 and then joined the VIP scheme when that was started for £1250. Had a five year s/the after that, but now don't go because Roland thinks I'm a stupid vinegar pisser.
  • Options
    Paid £500 and got a big discount for 10 years. Then had five year STs until they "didn't need the cash flow".

Got to go to the VIP meetings too.
  • Options
    Valcross said:

Had 10 year. In return got Premier football. At the time I just wanted to help our Club so that was a bonus. Then two x 5 year. Willing to buy again only to be told the Cloob doesn't have any cash flow problems. So much for not doing failure. I haven't renewed for the last two years. Roland is that good a business man he lost out on securing my money for five years. Makes you wonder how he made his fortune. Shows his interest in securing loyal fans.

That's a good point, actually. No one thought about the five/ten year tickets in terms of retention/guaranteeing future sales, they were very much about getting the cash in up front from the club's perspective.
  • Options
    I had the 5 year one, since it lapsed the club have yet to send me a renewal form/pack.
  • Options
    Couldn't afford it when the club needed the money and now I can, they don't need the money.
  • Options
    Yes.
  • Options

Couldn't afford it when the club needed the money and now I can, they don't need the money.

Ditto
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yup had a ten year one,then five year one.
    Same seat since return to valley, now don't have one and am thought of as a vinegar pissing customer.
    How times change
  • Options
    Yes, I had one and remember someone in the ticket office complaining when I asked to relocate from my original seat part-way through the 10 years, because the new one cost a bit more. I was on the phone and could hear someone in the background slagging me off for trying to get something for nothing out of the club. With hindsight I can see their point but at the time was surprised they didn't recognise the commitment we'd shown by buying the tickets. I think I came to an agreement to pay a top-up fee in the end.
  • Options
    Yes. Followed by the five year jobbie. But (I think) that was really only four years as it was a top-up of the previous scheme?
    Over the years, the "added value" declined. Initially access to the bar in a portable building (which was not a Portakabin although that's what everyone called it) was included and there were prime seats in the West Stand. Access to a hospitality area became an extra and the seats allocated became less attractive. I did not sign up for the final offering as the club couldn't take a credit card for it. I wanted the security of a credit card refund in the event that the club folded but, wisely, the credit card companies declined to take the long-term risk.
  • Options
    Can't recall if it was 10 or 5 I had. Remember getting given a framed certificate on the pitch at half time by Martin Simmons - what was that certificate for?? It was something to do with the VIP scheme.
  • Options

Can't recall if it was 10 or 5 I had. Remember getting given a framed certificate on the pitch at half time by Martin Simmons - what was that certificate for?? It was something to do with the VIP scheme.

I got a certificate for the 10 yr VIP scheme (in the post).
  • Options
    I've had a 5 year but couldn't afford the 10 at the time, I gave up a weeks wage to the fund though which in those days was £100.
  • Options
    Yes and the five years as well. No season ticket this year and I can't remember when i didn't have one.