Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CRAWLEY 0 CHARLTON 2 - 29th August 2017 (Checkatrade)

edited September 2017 in General Charlton

CRAWLEY 0 CHARLTON 2 (Reeves 37, Lapslie 70)

Attendance 1,666 (650 Charlton)

Crawley Mersin, Young (Tajbakash 14), McNerney, Yorwerth, Djalo, Payne, Bulman (Clifford 33), Camara, Lewis, Meite, Verheydt (Sanoh 55).

Charlton Phillips, Dijksteel, Konsa, Sarr, Barnes (Jackson 68), Crofts (Maloney 89), Aribo, Charles-Cook, Reeves (Lapslie 54), Ahearne-Grant, Hackett-Fairchild.

Summary

Comfortable victory for Charlton in the nonsense cup where saw a number of youngsters make their debut. Massive turnout of Charlton fans for effectively a reserve team game due to it being a new ground for many. Ben Reeves opened his account for the Addicks in the first half, and then debutant George Lapsie confirmed the win with twenty minutes to go by scoring first goal in senior football.

Post Match comments

Robinson: “I’m really happy with the performance and the goalscorers for different reasons. Reevesy showed his quality in the final third – he hits that target nine times out of 10 with his left foot – and that is why we brought him to the club. He’s a goalscoring number 10 and everyone knows that I want us to average two goals per game, so that we can score over 100 goals in all competitions. We also want to keep clean sheets. We kept a great one on Saturday and another tonight. George Lapslie getting his goal and young Taylor coming on at the end was the icing on the cake. To have so many players take to the pitch that were academy graduates was excellent. Ten academy graduates played some part in the game and that is a real testament to the academy and to everybody associated with the football club. ”

Holmes: “When the Manager told me I was coming on, it was pure excitement. Some nerves came into it but, on the whole, it was just excitement. I’ve grown up watching this team and to finally get my name on the back of the shirt and get out onto the pitch, I was absolutely buzzing. “It fell nicely for me - it was almost like it was meant to be - and I managed to put it in the corner. It was nerve wracking and I had to take double check that I had actually scored but I was buzzing when it went in.”

STATBANK Player Marks

Sarr = 7.70
Reeves = 7.67
Lapsie = 7.47
Konsa = 7.27
Djiksteel = 7.00
Aribo = 6.97
Charles-Cook = 6.93
Phillips = 6.87
Hackett-Fairchild = 6.43
Crofts = 6.37
Ahearne-Grant = 5.97