Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Keeping up with your kids lingo

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Didn't know that ops was enemy as in opponents?

Thank god.......for a moment there I thought ops might have meant....old people suck!

Other options were plans or secret i think it said..

Ops makes no sense for secret.

Ops - operations - plans was my thought

• Options
    6/10 and considering I am nearly 72 and have never heard of any of these words, not too bad
  • Options
    I got 4 that's sick.
  • Options

I got 5 by sheer guesswork. Fifty years after Clockwork Orange, is this stuff the best that yoof can manage ?
  • Options

I got 4 that's sick.

Nah fam it's wack.
  • Options

I got 4 that's sick.

Itchy beard.....
  • Options
    6/10 - not too bad for an old git, I suppose.

I'd never heard of any of them - but many can be worked out easily enough with a little thought.
  • Options
    3/10

Not surprised. At my age I'm often completely baffled by the slang used by people in their 30s. No chance wiv de reel yoot, get me?
  • Options
    Cotch, Chirpsing and, to an extent, ops? Have never heard anyone use those words.
  • Options
    9/10 still down with the kids innit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm 22 and I only got 5. Is there something wrong with me?
  • Options
    9/10 but I'd say 'deep it' is wrong/ has a few meanings. I'd say it's more ignore it than take it all in.

Don't talk like it but it's hard not to know them in south London.
  • Options

I'm 22 and I only got 5. Is there something wrong with me?

How long have you got ?
    Ouch! :(
  • Options

4/10 - guessed them all.

Phil, I sent you a PM .

Well I hope you deeped it and will do better next time to beat your ops.
  • Options
    Only one I didn't get was deep it, but I guess I'm too busy chirpsing the ops bae, we like to cotch with some peng munch with the mandem, her ex is pure paigon, though low-key his extra jokes have me dying, still.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Only one I didn't get was deep it, but I guess I'm too busy chirpsing the ops bae, we like to cotch with some peng munch with the mandem, her ex is pure paigon, though low-key his extra jokes have me dying, still.

Translation please
  • Options
    Wow. Old git gets 7/10. Mind you, I'm not sure I would get as many if I did it again.
  • Options

sam3110 said:

Translation please
    He got 9/10
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Huskaris said:

10/10 but never heard of "deep it" and had to guess it.

I have a friend who talks like he's a gangster so I've heard almost all of them before and managed to read between the lines.

He doesn't talk like a gangster if he uses these.
    Quite right - he talks like a gangztaaaaaa
  • Options
    9/10 - Who uses Deep it? Fucking nonsense. It's all gibberish
  • Options
    I'm still into "groovy" and "far out" with the odd "cool" thrown in to really mix it. Ouch!
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

I'm still into "groovy" and "far out" with the odd "cool" thrown in to really mix it. Ouch!

Fab, man.

• Options
    Solidgone said:

https://youtu.be/X5vXUAoG3yo
  • Options
    5, but considering my daughter speaks Thai as a first language that's OK. I'll try this on her and report back.
  • Options
    I've lived in Australia for 21 years, went back last year and the kids don't even sound like Londoners anymore
  • Options
    Stormzy called the PM a Paigon in a speech at some awards. These words actually do get used in the real world? I'm out of touch.
  • Options

5, but considering my daughter speaks Thai as a first language that's OK. I'll try this on her and report back.

Glad to report that these words haven't reached the Thai school playground (international English speaking school). Back in London late next week. Hope I can understand what people are saying!
  • Options
    10/10.

Worked out what "deep it" meant, but I have never, ever heard that used.

Inclined to believe it was made up for the purpose of the quiz.