Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If you're going on Saturday you may wish to consider buying in advance/early

I've read a few people saying they are going on Saturday for the first time in years.
It's possible that there could be large queues prior to kick off. So I'm just giving a heads up, that it might be worth considering buying in advance or before 1pm.
Also, apart from avoiding the queues, remember that the prices are increased 2 hours before kick off.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/tickets

https://www.cafc.co.uk/tickets/buy-tickets/ticket-office-opening-hours

(Sorry for interfering but I'd hate for people's day to be spoiled because they had to queue for so long).

Comments

• Options
    Buy online and print at home - seems to work well.
  • Options

I've read a few people saying they are going on Saturday for the first time in years.
    It's possible that there could be large queues prior to kick off. So I'm just giving a heads up, that it might be worth considering buying in advance or before 1pm.
    Also, apart from avoiding the queues, remember that the prices are increased 2 hours before kick off.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/tickets

https://www.cafc.co.uk/tickets/buy-tickets/ticket-office-opening-hours

(Sorry for interfering but I'd hate for people's day to be spoiled because they had to queue for so long).

No need to worry, they're mega quick at the ticket office these days. Closing those other points of sale has worked wonders
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

Will tickets be available on the day in the car park behind the west stand?
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Badger said:

cafc-west said:

What do you mean ? Do you mean will the ticket office be open ?

If so the answer is yes, but the price goes up £2 or £3 once you reach 2 hours before KO and I believe the online sales aren't available from 2 hrs before KO.

Also if you buy online and have a smart phone, you can just scan your ticket on your phone at the turnstile.

I know there were large queues at was it one of the pre season friendlies ?
  • Options
    In a more serious post, the last couple of times I have been the queues for tickets has been pretty ridiculous. Not far from kick off it was past the cash machine outside the club shop
  • Options

In a more serious post, the last couple of times I have been the queues for tickets has been pretty ridiculous. Not far from kick off it was past the cash machine outside the club shop

Season ticket is your friend
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Or buy more than 2 hours before kick off, online, by phone and collect on the day if too late to be posted, or buy in person.

I never entirely understand the big queues, as surely hundreds of people don't decide to attend after 1pm ?
  • Options

clb74 said:

Or buy more than 2 hours before kick off, online, by phone and collect on the day if too late to be posted, or buy in person.

I never entirely understand the big queues, as surely hundreds of people don't decide to attend after 1pm ?
    I suppose not everyone wants to get there 2 hours before.
    Not everyone likes a drink before the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:

clb74 said:

I suppose not everyone wants to get there 2 hours before.
    Not everyone likes a drink before the game.
    You don't have to be there 2 hours before, that's the whole point of buying in advance.
  • Options

Badger said:

cafc-west said:

What do you mean ? Do you mean will the ticket office be open ?

If so the answer is yes, but the price goes up £2 or £3 once you reach 2 hours before KO and I believe the online sales aren't available from 2 hrs before KO.

Also if you buy online and have a smart phone, you can just scan your ticket on your phone at the turnstile.

I know there were large queues at was it one of the pre season friendlies ?
    No, the 1st home game. Bristol Rovers. I queued from cash machine to the ticket office bit. 30 mins.
  • Options
    Some might like queing then.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Some might like queing then.

Ffs
  • Options
    Careful Covered End, if you're not careful, and there are no queues, you might just exhaust the reasons for fans to moan on Saturday evening when they get home from another victory.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Can anyone else think of any other venue that barely manages to fill a third of its capacity, yet you need to turn up 2 hours beforehand if you want to buy admittance on the day otherwise you have to pay an extra fee, and you will be expected to queue for ages if you turn up within an hour of the event happening?

The railway industry in this country takes that concept to its extreme...
  • Options
    The advantage of buying on the internet and printing at home I heard last year is that the internet did not seem to be able to check how many adults were in the party and how many children.

Nor did the electronic ticket barriers seem well equipped for this.

• Options
    Fiiish said:

Can anyone else think of any other venue that barely manages to fill a third of its capacity, yet you need to turn up 2 hours beforehand if you want to buy admittance on the day otherwise you have to pay an extra fee, and you will be expected to queue for ages if you turn up within an hour of the event happening?

The latter of the above is the reason for buying online/print at home.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Badger said:

cafc-west said:

Window 1 - match tickets
    Window 2 - Prescriptions

Absolute quality! :smile: I am so easily pleased. Good work Addickted.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you are paying on the day, bring cash. 15 mins before kick off they will have staff selling them direct to those in the queue so may mean you see kick off.
  • Options

Agreed, buy online.

Weirdly I bought 3 tickets (for different matches) yesterday, and paid the £1 postage that covered all 3... and they came in separate envelopes, which seemed a bit wasteful!

They love pissing money away haha
  • Options
    Most of us nowadays have a laptop, IPad, tablet, Smart phone etc. Also most of us have a printer or access to one. Buy online and print at home/office. Simples.
  • Options
    Is it, really, that hard to buy in advance?

I understand those that make a snap decision on the day but for those that make the decision to come today, or even tomorrow, surely they can see the benefit to themselves, and to many others, of pulling their fingers out and buying early.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Most gigs and sporting events sell the majority of their tickets in advance and yes many football clubs charge more on the day, because they know it takes far longer to sell tickets close to KO, than it did in the days of terraces, when of course you didn't even need to buy a ticket and just stood anywhere.

Now you have to choose your stand, they have to look on their screen to see what's available, make sure you can sit together etc. Each transaction doesn't take 20 seconds like it did back in the day.

If I go to the cinema and haven't bought in advance it can take a fair old while, even if there's only 10 people in front of me.

Anyway, the point remains, if you know you're going, it makes sense to me to buy in advance, even if it's midday on Saturday. Unless you like queuing :smile: