Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Seattle

I got a couple of spare days in between business on the West Coast . I have never been to Seattle , any tips or highlights welcomed.

Comments

• Options
    I've never been, but if I did, it would involve the blues, tossed salad and scrambled egg
  • Options
    If you fancy a break from the city itself consider getting the ferry across to Bainbridge Island. Only half an hour and a few bucks and great views of the skyline from the water. Great old fashioned diner over there too.
  • Options
    Don't like the look of this old town, what goes up must come down, character is lost and found, on unfamiliar playing ground!
  • Options
    We also did one of the underground tours too, which was different and fun but a bit pricy for what you get I seem to remember.
  • Options
    get a tour of the Boeing facility .. as well as the usual tourist things .. remember that Seattle is second only to Silicon tits Valley as a major centre of modern industrial and commercial innovation .. and Vancouver is just up the road
  • Options
    Stopped over there for one night a few years back and it was f***ing freezing! Cold like I'd never felt before.

It was winter though.
  • Options

get a tour of the Boeing facility .. as well as the usual tourist things .. remember that Seattle is second only to Silicon tits Valley as a major centre of modern industrial and commercial innovation .. and Vancouver is just up the road

Im getting a train to Vancouver from Seattle and spending a week there but the programme is pretty packed !

• Options
    I easily live the closest and yet haven't been as an adult.

I've heard wandering around the fish market is cool. As someone pointed out there's Bainbridge island and really all kinds of little islands and islets there that are beautiful (went as a kid). Marijuana is legal if that's your thing. I'll post more as I think of more things I've heard about.
  • Options
    Queue up with the masses to get into the original Starbucks? Personally didn't see the attraction but plenty did.

See how many other Starbucks you can see from your seat in Starbucks? I'm not joking btw they are everywhere there it seemed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Went there when I was 16. Loved it. Can't help with any destinations beyond the obvious (the fish market I remember especially, as it's semi-famous for being in movies and corporate training videos). Would love to go again!
  • Options
    holyjo said:

Im getting a train to Vancouver from Seattle and spending a week there but the programme is pretty packed !

For me, a week would be too long tbh. Will you be going to Portland too?
  • Options
    Washington State is where it's at!
  • Options

holyjo said:

i am working so will only be the evenings in VC I get out and about . I'm heading to San Fran for four days after VC with a bit of work there but some chill out too

• Options
    Was there this summer, really enjoyed it and will definitely go back. Went to a Mariners game and Sounders too, would recommend both. Chihuly Garden and Glass is interesting if you like art as is the Seattle Art Museum couldn't get in to see the Infinity Mirrors exhibition but supposed to be spectacular. Loads of bars, Pioneer Square seems to be a decent place to go. We did a walking tour called Seattle 101 which was excellent and you pay what you want. Ferries are cheap and agree about Bainbridge Island. Place is mad for the Seahawks and there are Starbucks on literally every street.
  • Options
    holyjo said:

holyjo said:

i am working so will only be the evenings in VC I get out and about . I'm heading to San Fran for four days after VC with a bit of work there but some chill out too

Ah right, gotcha. Fwiw I prefered Vancouver.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Been to Seattle quite a few times, plenty to do even if its not the most scenic city. Good food scene, every decent band stops there, tons of breweries, coffee, book & record stores, Space Needle, football (both types), baseball...only downside can be the wet, gloomy weather. Probably the best music radio station in the USA as well - KEXP
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Been to Seattle quite a few times, plenty to do even if its not the most scenic city. Good food scene, every decent band stops there, tons of breweries, coffee, book & record stores, Space Needle, football (both types), baseball...only downside can be the wet, gloomy weather. Probably the best music radio station in the USA as well - KEXP

Probably a big factor in Seattle's music heritage though (see also Manchester)
  • Options
    Isnt Mount St Helens close by?