Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

V.E Day

Does any one recognize freinds or relatives in this photo? taken on V.E Day in Francies Street Woolich.My Grandparents.the two with hats on in the right doorway.

Comments

• My family lived in St Mary Street but I can't recognise any one.

Would have been Sims
  • Great picture. Noticeable how few men of fighting age are there, despite the war (in Europe at least) having finished. Remarkable times.
  • Great picture. Noticeable how few men of fighting age are there, despite the war (in Europe at least) having finished. Remarkable times.

They were up the pub waiting for the women to finish getting the food ready.

• At the party in the road my grandparents lived (Days Lane Sidcup) they took my Grandad's piano into the front garden and he provided the music.
  • At the party in the road my grandparents lived (Days Lane Sidcup) they took my Grandad's piano into the front garden and he provided the music.

They wouldn't have known what a piano was in Woolwich.

Would have been Sims

Did I know that ? My ma in law still lives there and my wife obviously used to. Dad is it you ?

Would have been Sims

Did I know that ? My ma in law still lives there and my wife obviously used to. Dad is it you ?
    No. 72 my nan and grandad lived until the 80s.

Ellen Hayes
  • edited September 2017

Would have been Sims

No. 72 my nan and grandad lived until the 80s.

Ellen Hayes
    Ha. Ma in law lives 82, 5 doors away. So wife says were they next door to Jean & Les Parker on the corner ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Will check but my dad was born in the same street in 1925 and they then moved. Thinking It was 82 where he was born.