Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Old Scalextric

Dejunking the boys room before he leaves home. Got some 60s cars and track and some 90s cars and track gathering dust.

Free to collect (donation to the museum welcome) or Bromley dump gets them.

Comments

• Options
    If only I were a kid again.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    You might want to check on the 60's cars, may be worth something
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Are you offering to give them a free service Dave for a 10% cut? :wink:
  • Options

Good point @DaveMehmet Don't want to get ripped off like the time so chancer gave me a tenner for a pool table : - )
  • Options

Good point @DaveMehmet Don't want to get ripped off like the time so chancer gave me a tenner for a pool table : - )
    Ahem, £20
  • Options

Ahem, £20
    Shhhhhush I told the other trustees it was £10
  • Options
    Check on eBay, Scalextrix can go for a lot of money. No point giving/throwing it away. Even though the beer is cheap in the Student's Union it's not free...
  • Options
    Stick it in the loft for the grandchildren! That's where mine is, Scalextric not the grandchildren that is! ;-)
  • Options
    if you have any of the ford mexicos from the 70s or the original Cooper s minis from the 70-80s then you have some value mate
  • Options
    Damn hrs building and racing the Mexico and minis
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2017

Damn hrs building and racing the Mexico and minis

Had one of these, put the rear wheels and axle of my McLaren on to it, so the wheel where outside the body.

Always good to have a little sister to put the cars back on the track when they came off down the other end of a 30ft room.
  • Options
    I raced on the new digital Scalextric the other week, amazing. 15 x cars all on the same track with ability to overtake via the hand throttle, it seemed weird at first with so many cars all using the same "slot" in the track but after a couple of laps I got the hang of it.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Remember seeing a Programme a little while ago about some of the most expensive toys in the World...

• Options
    Henry I can tell you with a little effort youll get some money for them on ebay. ive got a very small scale selling and buying business and scalextric go like hot cakes
  • Options

Remember seeing a Programme a little while ago about some of the most expensive toys in the World...

My dream Scalextric track, it's sad I'm such an anorak
  • Options

If I could I'd have that Scalextric track with a Hornby Railway operating around the outside
  • Options
    Finally, at the age of 59, I'd decided to throw away the old Scalextric and Hornby/Triang stuff, then this thread appears! Now I'm thinking I need to sell it not dump it. No way my grandkid will want to play with that old kit, as his Dad couldn't even be bothered with it.
  • Options

If I could I'd have that Scalextric track with a Hornby Railway operating around the outside
    @ForeverAddickted now you're talking, it's great to be amongst fellow anoraks or as my wife calls us sad old gits
  • Options

@ForeverAddickted now you're talking, it's great to be amongst fellow anoraks or as my wife calls us sad old gits
    Please God don't let any millwall read this thread
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Please God don't let any millwall read this thread
    There's a fair few words with more than one syllable, so highly unlikely.