Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STATBANK: Oldham 3-4 Charlton

many thanks to the 14 Lifers who gave marks

Comments

• Options
    We should have 12 points on the comparison table.
  • Options
    CE - we do now :wink:

the problem is there are too many tables so I'm bound to make a mistake somewhere so many thanks for spotting it
  • Options
    Thanks for the discipline table LL, as always plenty of information
  • Options
    Thanks LL - useful stuff.
  • Options
    Poor Kashi 1 league assist = 0 Total assists :wink:

• Options
    Interesting that out of those who have started every league match Solly has the lowest overall scores!

Also surprised Aribo is yet to appear in the league.
  • Options
    The possession stats compared to last season are surprising, looking at the stats, shots on target is the big difference.
  • Options
    Some great stats there, the comparison with last season is interesting, the same 52% possession, but more shots on target and goals...and a lot more cards too!
  • Options
    Great minds @killerandflash ha ha
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

The possession stats compared to last season are surprising, looking at the stats, shots on target is the big difference.

We had plenty of possession last season. The ball used to go sideways, sideways, then backwards.
  • Options
    Shame to see KAG scoring so lowly, thought he started the game really brightly but then missed that one-on-one (that he did well to muscle his way on to) and then seemed to fade badly after that. In his defence, the team barely got the ball up to him after the first 30 minutes. I think there's a player in there but he needs a goal soon.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Shame to see KAG scoring so lowly, thought he started the game really brightly but then missed that one-on-one (that he did well to muscle his way on to) and then seemed to fade badly after that. In his defence, the team barely got the ball up to him after the first 30 minutes. I think there's a player in there but he needs a goal soon.

A lot of people on here say that he is not a goalscorer.

Yet he has been prolific at youth and U 21 level.

My view is that Peeters introducing him to Championship football at such a young age was counter productive as he was not developed enough at that stage to compete physically and lost confidence as a result.

I believe that once he gets that first goal he'll get a few but I agree that he needs it soon.
  • Options
    He needs better ball control, speed and decision making, sorry to say has not come on as quickly or as far as you would have hoped given how good he looked at under 18 for example.
  • Options
    msomerton said:

He needs better ball control, speed and decision making, sorry to say has not come on as quickly or as far as you would have hoped given how good he looked at under 18 for example.

If this was his first season in the first team we'd be saying he looks very promising. I had a quick look over the squad and he's a few months younger than Lapslie.

I'm far from convinced he'll make it with us but I'd at least like to see how he does this season, playing in what looks a good side.
  • Options
    How many goals did KAG score for the academy sides? I have no recollection of him being prolific, but to be fair it must have been ages since he played regularly at that level
  • Options

How many goals did KAG score for the academy sides? I have no recollection of him being prolific, but to be fair it must have been ages since he played regularly at that level

He was scoring a goal a game or more at 15 then got promoted above his age group and tailed off a bit but still scored more prolifically than most Charlton strikers (doesn't say a lot I know).

I think his development stalled because Peeters put him in the Championship before he was physically ready. He then moved to Cambridge United on loan, again before he was physically ready and I think those experiences knocked his confidence.

I'm not suggesting he's the next Jimmy Greaves or even Darren Bent but I do think he is a useful man to have in the squad and if he gets that goal he may surprise us with how he progresses.
  • Options
    I wonder why KAG gets very little slack ; there was a desperation for Fox and Pope (older and largely inept) to do well but KAG at 19 isn't afforded such treatment. I don't think he's a work beater and he's not ready to be a number 9 but there is talent there
  • Options
    KAG is a striker and he never looks like scoring.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Pretty sure KAG came off injured. Think he is a striker but doesn't have the experience for a lone role. Not played in a 4-4-2 since debut season but gets stuck on the wing.
  • Options
    Another week where you have 3+ stand out performers--top three within 1/3 of a point of each other.

Looking at MOTM awards they're spread around quite nicely. I think for the last three games I've had F-Caskey, Solly, and Fosu--which I believe means I am very good at picking second place (always love an underdog me). But can't complain about any of the recipients. Holmes was everywhere for the first ~70min at the weekend, BFG was immense against Rotherham, and three or four could have had it for the Northampton game.

One thing LL, you have Clarke highlighted as MOTM for Rotherham when it was BFG.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Pretty sure he was top scorer for u18s for two seasons in a row as an u15 and then u16 (though he would have been one of the oldest in his year so was 15/16 at the time). He then skipped u21 football and was thrown into our first team in 2014/15.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

A lot of people on here say that he is not a goalscorer.

Yet he has been prolific at youth and U 21 level.

My view is that Peeters introducing him to Championship football at such a young age was counter productive as he was not developed enough at that stage to compete physically and lost confidence as a result.

I believe that once he gets that first goal he'll get a few but I agree that he needs it soon.
    Yeah, I've been saying that since pre-season. It just feels like if one or two go in for him it'll all kind of click into place. I was re-watching some of the first half this morning and he wasn't quite as bad as I made it out to be. He certainly worsened as the game went on but I don't know how much of that was due to picking up an injury.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

One thing LL, you have Clarke highlighted as MOTM for Rotherham when it was BFG.

yes but I also have the BFG highlighted :smile:
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    wmcf123 said:

I wonder why KAG gets very little slack ; there was a desperation for Fox and Pope (older and largely inept) to do well but KAG at 19 isn't afforded such treatment. I don't think he's a work beater and he's not ready to be a number 9 but there is talent there

As a winger I agree...As a no.10 I almost agree...

As an all out striker...

• Options

SDAddick said:

Genuine question, not meaning to tale the piss, are both Clarke and Bauer meant to be highlighted for the Rotherham game? Or is that just a mistake and it's not worth the trouble to correct.

Seriously appreciate everything you do, just want to make sure I understand.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Genuine question, not meaning to tale the piss, are both Clarke and Bauer meant to be highlighted for the Rotherham game? Or is that just a mistake and it's not worth the trouble to correct.

Seriously appreciate everything you do, just want to make sure I understand.
    Mistake, the original is corrected for prosterity but the copy on here isn't
  • Options

Some great stats there, the comparison with last season is interesting, the same 52% possession, but more shots on target and goals...and a lot more cards too!

Yep these are great so thanks for compiling.

The cards stat compared to last year is the one that stood out for me the most as well.
  • Options
    13 fouls fron Oldham 11 cards
    11 fouls from us 3 cards told you the ref was a complete bell but fortunately for us last week