Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Once more into the breech dear friends

Hope it isn't against my better judgement but I am once again a season ticket holder. I've really enjoyed the start to the season and have persuaded myself that this is for me and not for Roland. Have to say the ticket office were first class. Discounted the game I've already paid for and done and dusted in five minutes. We travel hopefully.......

Comments

• Options
    I'm still holding out - nothing to do with a 450 mile round trip!!

(will be going to the Pompey game though)
  • Options
    So the drift back gathers pace.
  • Options
    iainment said:

Until it all goes tits-up and people stop going to games for which they have paid, making Roland and Katie very happy.
  • Options
    I must admit that I am really weakening and feeling the pull of a season ticket increasing almost every day even though I have only been too two games at home in 18 months
  • Options

Hope it isn't against my better judgement but I am once again a season ticket holder. I've really enjoyed the start to the season and have persuaded myself that this is for me and not for Roland. Have to say the ticket office were first class. Discounted the game I've already paid for and done and dusted in five minutes. We travel hopefully.......

You are a sillybilly;)

I admit it's tempting.

Great start and by the sounds of it, good performances, had it not been for the Plymouth blip, we could be top.

But as the transfer window showed, Roly clearly doesn't want to get his purse out to cement the promising signs the team are showing. Had he done that, then I may well have been joining you.

Early days and let's hope it continues, if it does then.............. but not a season ticket, that's a step too far.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

iainment said:

Until it all goes tits-up and people stop going to games for which they have paid, making Roland and Katie very happy.
    when it goes tits up I'll go to the games and protest. Like before.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

iainment said:

What he said. That's me too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

iainment said:

And me.
    The protests have not gone away they are merely being put on hold until needed
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Must admit I'm under increasing pressure from my boys to buy season tickets. I'm just filling out paperwork to send them off to boarding school.

Brilliant !
  • Options
    I don't get the rush to commit to a season ticket after a few wins and I've had one for years before this season. Not really difficult to get tickets at the moment if you want to.
  • Options
    iainment said:

Hopefully
  • Options
    Nug said:

I don't get the rush to commit to a season ticket after a few wins and I've had one for years before this season. Not really difficult to get tickets at the moment if you want to.

We did that last season and probably gave them more than if we'd bought season tickets.
  • Options
    I think people hugely overestimate the number of fans who are 'boycotting', and in turn the depth of the 'never go again until they are gone' crew.

To get to the latter its the most extreme of reaction, generally one of the responses of those who also love the club the most to then generate such an angry response. It seems magnified because these people are died in the wool fans and more likely to be active on social media.

But the actual number that fall under this category are relatively small in the grand scheme of themes

• Options
    Glory hunters!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think people hugely overestimate the number of fans who are 'boycotting', and in turn the depth of the 'never go again until they are gone' crew.

To get to the latter its the most extreme of reaction, generally one of the responses of those who also love the club the most to then generate such an angry response. It seems magnified because these people are died in the wool fans and more likely to be active on social media.

But the actual number that fall under this category are relatively small in the grand scheme of themes

How small? What proportion of the thousands that have stopped buying season tickets are in the category "not going again until they're gone"?
  • Options

iainment said:

iainment said:

iainment said:

And me.
    By tits up do you three mean if results start to go against us.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Breech n.
    1. A part of a cannon, behind the bore.
    2. A person's buttocks

Which of these are you "once more into"?

Depends who the person is or whether it's a particularly attractive cannon
  • Options
    clb74 said:

iainment said:

iainment said:

iainment said:

And me.
    By tits up do you three mean if results start to go against us.
    We're Charlton fans we're used to that.
    When Katrien starts poking her nose in again will do for me.
  • Options
    But they are poking noses in.
    I shouldn't think it was Robinson's idea to go it alone with one striker who for the next few months will be missing games for international s
    Ok we have a couple of other strikers but how many games they played between them
  • Options
    The football starts in a minute..
  • Options

Chizz said:

How small? What proportion of the thousands that have stopped buying season tickets are in the category "not going again until they're gone"?
    Like you and everyone else, I don't know. But just on my own experiences of people I know and observing this forum and Twitter, I think it's quite a small number.

People have drifted away in their thousands over the last few years mainly because the turn out on the pitch has been consistently poor and been magnified by the off the field problems. But those that fall into the 'that's it, never again till their gone' camp I think is relatively small (i.e. in their tens not hundreds).

Just my view, maybe wrong
    Sorry, I thought you might have had some kind of survey data and that CACT or @Airman Brown might have had some insight.

Can't argue with your perception. But mine is that it's very much more than tens or hundreds.
  • Options
    I'm going to the next Tuesday home game at my daughter's request. I'm looking forward to it because I hope we play well and win, but just as much for old time's sake.
    No season ticket though.
  • Options
    I was thinking that the title was about another protest in Belgium but no all about season tickets and people slowly drifting back into The Valley once again. 6 months today we marched on Roland in his home town,it will happen once again Roland. Make the most of the good start we have had its only time until you cock it up again.
    Only seen 3 home games in the last two an ahalf years but been to many away games during that time.
    Do what you think is correct for you and your family.