Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Ricky Holmes really does sound like one of the best players to interview... Love the frank honesty here:

“We thought we were better than what we are. We’re only a few games in – we can’t do that. We can’t go into the season like that because we’ll get picked off – and we were getting picked off. It was hard. We all thought we could get six. Us forward players got excited, thought we could fill our boots. We forgot to help out the back line. The gap was getting bigger between the midfield and defence."

Also interesting about the penalty with Josh Magennis... Maybe he's shown with Northern Ireland in the past that he doesnt want to take them and so left Steven Davis thinking that he wouldnt be able to score.

Especially if he refused to take the one against Oxford last season when he was supposed to take them
  • Ricky Holmes really does sound like one of the best players to interview...

Definitely
  • Refreshing honesty, like the confidence he has in Mag aswell.

The bit with Dodoo made me laugh though.

“He turned up at the hotel last night, introduced himself. Did the worst song I’ve ever heard – I couldn’t even tell you what it was. I switched off and started eating my dinner again. But he’s come in and got his goal – I’m sure he’ll be a great addition to the side.”
  • It still amazes me that Holmes has played most of his career at such a low level.
  • I was really impressed with the camaraderie on display post and pre match the players are certainly together and behind KR
  • LouisMend said:

Three good sets of quotes from Holmes here -

Thanks Louis.
    This fella is the hardest working man in showbizz folks. And he ain't in it for the cash!
  • I was really impressed with the camaraderie on display post and pre match the players are certainly together and behind KR

Interesting what Ricky says about Robinson allowing the players to run their own dressing room.

• Great interviews Louis. I love the vibes coming off the squad
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2017

I was really impressed with the camaraderie on display post and pre match the players are certainly together and behind KR

Camaraderie? Was that the Italian kid?

Yes, Trigger.
  • JamesSeed said:

LouisMend said:

Three good sets of quotes from Holmes here -

Thanks Louis.
    This fella is the hardest working man in showbizz folks. And he ain't in it for the cash!
    Just the Palace merch instead.