Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

8 minute video of deadline day at Sheff Utd

https://www.facebook.com/BleacherReportFootball/videos/1619561781439618/

Quite an interesting video of deadline day at Sheff Utd for anyone that's interested. Gives you a bit of an insight into the day and how quickly deals change.

Comments

• Options
    Terrific vid that should give us all a better insight into what clubs have to face in these windows.
  • Options
    I understand why players have agents - a bit like being in a trade union - but sometimes you have to think for yourself & do what is right for YOU, not your Agent.
  • Options
    Surprisingly Frank naming players like that.

Sure that will upset some clubs and agents.

Great to see though
  • Options
    Good to watch but very onsided. They could have offered Sinclair £5k per week and then reduced it to 2.5k once they had secured Donaldson.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    It's a must see video for football fans. My view of most football agents was very low before seeing this, but agents appear to be the lowest of the low.

Perhaps when KR seemed apoplectic with rage in January, he was being more truthful than I gave him credit for.
  • Options
    Two things occur to me. 1 - It looks like it is the Agent that tries it on at the death; and 2 - I can under any and how someone inexperienced, Like KM, gets shafted into paying players and/or their agents too much money.

The closer it gets to the window closing the more people put up their prices as people become more desperate.

Maybe we did have Godden close to signing?
  • Options
    I assume Wilder was having a dig at Fleetwood when he was suggesting the players would be joining a proper football club?

Guess what Chris? After my experiences last season, I know which of the two Clubs I would call a proper football club.
  • Options
    Thanks for posting, Covered End Junior.

Really interesting insight behind the scenes.

• Options
    Addickted said:

I assume Wilder was having a dig at Fleetwood when he was suggesting the players would be joining a proper football club?

Guess what Chris? After my experiences last season, I know which of the two Clubs I would call a proper football club.

Would be interesting to see how the negotiations went on with their offer to buy our Ricky.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A really good video and thanks for posting.

I do, however, wonder why Sheff Utd didn't manage to get some of those five deals done earlier, recognising that the goalposts were moved on a couple of them. I appreciate that there is a domino effect and that players often only become available when their existing clubs make other signings, but five transfers in one day looks one hell of a tall order logistically.
  • Options
    Blucher said:

A really good video and thanks for posting.

I do, however, wonder why Sheff Utd didn't manage to get some of those five deals done earlier, recognising that the goalposts were moved on a couple of them. I appreciate that there is a domino effect and that players often only become available when their existing clubs make other signings, but five transfers in one day looks one hell of a tall order logistically.

Because like KR backing all his time & effort getting Reeves, Sheff U were doing the same with Ricky, and left it too late when they found out they couldn't get him. :smiley:
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    At the risk of sounding like an 8 year old schoolgirl; I posted this first yesterday....and that post has now gone. ?
  • Options
    Thanks babes
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Thanks babes

You need cuddles.......,,.,he's good at listening :wink: