Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Toad in the hole

124»

Comments

• Only done 6 sausages for me the Mrs and a nearly 2 year old. It was covered in a thick onion gravy with corn of the cob, it tasted amazing and probably better than it looks!
  • edited September 2017

Only done 6 sausages for me the Mrs and a nearly 2 year old. It was covered in a thick onion gravy with corn of the cob, it tasted amazing and probably better than it looks!

Nice one son......that's what counts.
  • Both not perfect, but given the choice I'd say A.
  • No wonder I've ended up with sausage sandwiches for lunch today!
  • No wonder I've ended up with sausage sandwiches for lunch today!

Now you're talking...that or a bacon sandwich
  • Can't believe I've read all four pages of this.

But yeah A. B looks creepy.
  • Like what Jimmy said, not the most photogenic dish but 100% the sausages were not burnt and were still full of juice and flavour. The outer edges of the batter look slightly overdone but that was the crispyness I wanted. Had way too many stodgy eggy ones like B. Will use a smaller dish or more batter next time though.

Yep, my comment was going to be A had better batter but needed more of it, cos the sausages weren't really well integrated with it.
  • Sponsored links:

• This is a toughie.

The batter is better on A but the sausages are more ON the hole rather than IN the hole.

B has a softer batter but the sausages are definitely within the hole.

For me, despite the better batter it looks more like a sausage life raft than a toad in the hole, so purely by definition I have to go with the soggier option B
  • cafcfan said:

Did they both use the same brand of saugage? If so, B.

When will we get a scratch and sniff app on the interweb?

I really hope you mean for the Toad in the hole, not the Bangers and Mash
  • With some nice gravy I reckon A looks the better option.
  • edited September 2017
    Cooking Toad in the Hole, mash with spring onions and braised red cabbage tonight.

But don't expect a photo as this place is getting too like Facebook. ;)
  • cfgs said:

Cooking Toad in the Hole, mash with spring onions and braised red cabbage tonight.

I expect photos
  • edited September 2017
    cfgs said:

I expect it goes without saying @cfgs that you'll have a fire blanket nearby :wink:
  • RedChaser said:

cfgs said:

I expect it goes without saying @cfgs that you'll have a fire blanket nearby :wink:
    I just use myself to smother things as I block out most oxygen as well as the sun.
  • 100+ posts on a thread about toad in the hole. What a sad bunch we are.

I'm off to look at some trains
  • Sponsored links:

• Batter to banger ratio is way off in A - are those chipolatas? Cheapskate
    Batter in B not up to snuff - undercooked? fat not hot enough when batter went in the pan?
    Too much batter around me sausage not something about which I'm ever likely to complain tho.