Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Hart- England Number 1?

2»

Comments

• Options

Talal said:

Hart having a cracker of a game against Chelsea. Southgate will be salivating.

MOTM and a few quality saves, i reckon if he stays no1 for West Spam he might be 3rd choice and Pope gets dropped which will be harsh.
    He will be there 100% as a mentor minimum.

Not my No. 1 but a good pro and will give his knowledge to the new keepers coming though, pope included.... In time.
  • Options
    3 of the potential England keepers (Pickford, Pope and Hart) had excellent games this weekend
  • Options

3 of the potential England keepers (Pickford, Pope and Hart) had excellent games this weekend

If the World Cup started tomorrow I think those would be my three. Hart has mistakes in him, more as he's gotten older, but he also is capable of what he did today. Pope is in good form and he's decent on the ball, and Pickford will go.

I personally think Jack Butland is a bit of a myth. He's a good shot stopper but his kicking and distribution aren't particularly good, which is far more important at international level than at Stoke. In recent years Forster and Ruddy and Heaton have all been in similar positions. Capable of making great saves but with questions around the rest of their game.
  • Options
    After the shambles of Euro 2016, I am astonished that anyone would want Joe Hart near an England goal again.

Gareth Bales 45 Yard Free Kick and the second Icelandic goal were eminently saveable (especially from a top class Keeper), and I would suggest that England have enough problems in other areas of the pitch, without returning to a Keeper who has already proved they are not up to the job.
  • Options

After the shambles of Euro 2016, I am astonished that anyone would want Joe Hart near an England goal again.

Gareth Bales 45 Yard Free Kick and the second Icelandic goal were eminently saveable (especially from a top class Keeper), and I would suggest that England have enough problems in other areas of the pitch, without returning to a Keeper who has already proved they are not up to the job.

Depending how critical you want to be, all 4 goals we conceded in that tournament were Hart's fault. He should have been dropped after that tournament and on that basis not even the biggest Joe Hart fan could put together a case for why he would have been recalled at any stage since.

He's there now purely because nobody has had the bottle to drop him.
  • Options
    Hart played well today but that was once in a blue moon, i think there are 4/5 better English Goalies

1. Butland
    2. Pickford
    3. Heaton
    4. Pope
    5. Foster (maybe not anymore)
  • Options
    Fairly sure it will be Pickford, Butland and Hart in that order. A little harsh on Pope but can understand why you’d want an experienced international there.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    i'm all for experience if people are any good. Hart played well yesterday but every other time I've seen him in the last 2-3 years, he's been shaky at best.

I was all for Heaton as number one before this season but I think Pickford has it now
  • Options
    Hart shouldn’t be anywhere near any England squad let alone starting 11!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No way back for Southgate if he plays at World Cup and cocks up.
  • Options
    digressing a wee bit, England's numero uno could/should be Alex McCarthy probably the most in-form Premier keeper a t m despite having three put past him yesterday
  • Options
    digressing a wee bit, England's numero uno could/should be Alex McCarthy probably the most in-form Premier keeper a t m despite having three put past him yesterday
    Made a real howler yesterday passing out from the back but an excellent recovery.

I'm not a fan of Pickford but not sure who I would like to start.
  • Options
    Pope and Henderson aren't there yet, but think either of them have the potential to be given a chance to claim the spot for years over Pickford who has made errors his whole career, obviously just went on a hot run of form for the WC (which he'll always be loved for)
  • Options
    Pope and Henderson aren't there yet, but think either of them have the potential to be given a chance to claim the spot for years over Pickford who has made errors his whole career, obviously just went on a hot run of form for the WC (which he'll always be loved for)
    Pickford just reminds me of Hart.
  • Options
    They are similar, but to be honest I think Hart at his peak was an undisputed number 1 and had some iconic Champions League performances behind him, I don't think Pickford has ever really been that other than the 2018 summer he's just been a decent but inconsistent goalkeeper who became number 1 because of a lack of other options
  • Options
    Nah, I don't think Zak should lose his place at the top of the order

Oh sorry, we're back to football  :D
  • Options
    He struggles to catch a football so god knows how he managed to keep hold of a cricket ball.