Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Joe Dodoo on loan until January (confirmed on OS)

Comments

• So, we have lost Ajose, Watt, Novak, Vetokele and two young strikers.

We bring in a bloke who has played 30 games in the last four seasons.

Embarrassing.

Why not just ask Magennis to clean the toilets and sweep out the dressing rooms as well?

Embarrassing.

Why not just ask Magennis to clean the toilets and sweep out the dressing rooms as well?

Don't be stupid, that's already in his contract.
  • Dazzler21 said:

So, we have lost Ajose, Watt, Novak, Vetokele and two young strikers.

Embarrassing.

Don't be stupid, that's already in his contract.
    You know what?

It wouldn't surprise me if that dopy Belgian twat actually said: "Well, we have just given Magennis a new contract for more money, why shouldn't he have to do more work?"
  • Not a fan of letting a permanent player leave and replacing him with a loan signing.

Only having two strikers on the books is not good enough for a team seeking promotion.

It was seriously looking like we would only have 1 striker for an hour or two so Im actually relieved he signed!
  • CAFCTrev said:

Not a fan of letting a permanent player leave and replacing him with a loan signing.

Only having two strikers on the books is not good enough for a team seeking promotion.

It was seriously looking like we would only have 1 striker for an hour or two so Im actually relieved he signed!
    True - but this is where I just do not understand RD.

We are well placed for promotion - the squad is basically there - but we need two more experienced and effective strikers.

In our last promotion campaign we had BWP, Hayes, Kermorgant - we then added in the likes of N'Guessan and Danny Haynes in the second half of the season.

This is really not very complicated - to win the league you need goals, strikers score goals.

Er, that's it.
  • GREAT, everyone's written him off already. May as well not bother playing him.
  • PopIcon said:

GREAT, everyone's written him off already. May as well not bother playing him.

It's more the fact that our striking depth is so weak one Rangers reserve won't make everything all rosy again.

We are laughably light up front.
  • I think we can all be grateful that we have a decent manager. No credit to the regime given their record. We now need a bit more luck than is ideal but we should really get behind the bloke. Popularity will give him the power to make the demands he will need to in January, if we are still on track then that is..
  • Sponsored links:

• anyone seen him play.........not on here but anyone from the CLUB ???

Big money Robinson had probably not heard of this geezer a week ago.

His name was probably only mentioned as an option if our 'targets' were not going to sign for us.
  • PopIcon said:

Indeed. I've a feeling that if Magennis gets injured we'll end up playing Bauer up front.

Embarrassing.

100%
  • At last. A real live Simpsons character.
  • Dodoo ron ron ron Dodoo ron ron
  • seth plum said:

To Agadoo anybody?

Joe Doo Doo Doo Doo cover Josh cos we've lost Lee
    Joe Doo Doo Doo Doo he's with us 'till Jan ure eee.

He is shit

That's a bit harsh on young Seth. True, it's not going to win a Nobel prize but I thought it was quite clever.
  • Some stats on the lad.

Surely he's worth a try, back at Leicester he scored 4 goals in 3 league cup games. Weird he wasn't given more opportunities there as he was also (by stats) fairly decent for their under 23's when he was still in the u19/u20 age category.
  • I know nothing about him so will reserve judgement and hope his name is not symbolic. I think with Novak gone, we needed two strikers in though - idealy. Let's hope Josh stays fit.

We need volunteers to make Josh's tea so he doesn't burn himself, cut up his food, drive him to training and matches, change his TV channel, in short anything that could result in Josh picking up an injury has to be done by someone else.
  • If he has played in an Old Firm derby he probably won't be too fazed by the Gillingham game
  • Sponsored links:

• PopIcon said:

It's more the fact that our striking depth is so weak one Rangers reserve won't make everything all rosy again.

We are laughably light up front.
    This is my concern. Past performance isn't always a great indicator of potential at a new club where chemistry,motivation, confidence, happiness and general mental well being may all be vastly boosted and translate to a significant upturn in performance ato a new club so wrong to write off players immediately based on a quick wiki search or scan of former club'so forums.

What is a concern is the lack of depth. OK we play one up top but we only have one out and out striker plus the new loanee which puts a lot of pressure and reliance on Magennis and a gamble he won't get knocked in next 4 months possibly even asking him to play through slight strains where a player would be rested if there were other options.

Will see how it pans out and try and be optimistic because signings have been impressive over summer and we've started well but just feels a bit of an odd move that has undermined our sqaud rather than bolsters it and not one that is really expected at a club with a billionaire owner with purported promotion ambitions.

Will see what unfolds this Xmas.

If it transpires we're severely in need of bolstering our front line come January the whole football world will know it and asking prices will be at a premium.

Perhaps we'll be getting another loanee in when the dust settles but risky to gamble and expect players not in demand enough to be moving in the transfer window but available for post window loan are going to be the answer.

The league table in the coming months will be a barometer as to whether the has been good business to trim down a squad as we push for promotion or a miscalculation that will cost us.
  • Vetokele, Watt, Ajose, Novak, Hanlan and Umerah gone. Replaced by a kid who can't get a regular game for a team playing in one of the worst top flight divisions around.

Learnt lessons my fucking arse, serious about promotion - bullshit.

When Magennis gets injured we are screwed.

Yet again the clowns running the show have left us with a completely unbalanced squad.

But the balance sheet is looking better ...
  • Oh come off it.

You can win a game without strikers... It's a lot tougher but can be done.
  • I hope the club shop has stocked up on plenty of Dees and Oes.....
  • WSAWSA
    edited September 2017
    Clutching at straws and from a layman's perspective (laywoman's actually):

When Magennis is out I wonder if a plan is to use Clarke up front when say Reeves/Doodo are playing? It would be a shame to put him on the bench. Is he suitable for this position or would we get mullered?

Oh to have had Yann back :cry:
  • Is he any good at defending corners? Without big Josh, we are laughably small.
  • Promising when a youtube search for Joe Doodoo gives this result as the number 2 hit (i wont even say what the number 1 hit was...):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpiV-CF-az4
  • What price Magennis gets clattered this weekend?