Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Joe Dodoo on loan until January (confirmed on OS)

Comments

• I hear he's as good in the air as a dodo
  • Well at least the expectations are low!
  • Only to January, so my gut feeling is we didn't for whatever reason get the striker in we wanted and this fella is a stop gap until we can go back in for them. Which is annoying, 'cause by then we could have wasted our season, especially if Josh gets injured.
  • Absolute dog shit
  • Wonder how happy they are over on the Dark Side ?
  • Wasn't really given a chance at Rangers but came off the bench last season to single handily beat Patrick and secure Europa league qualification which we don't need to speak of again...

Bit surprised by the negatively to the (loan) signing. He's not that bad. I guess it's just underwhelmed at the window but I'm numb to all of that now.
  • Only to January, so my gut feeling is we didn't for whatever reason get the striker in we wanted and this fella is a stop gap until we can go back in for them. Which is annoying, 'cause by then we could have wasted our season, especially if Josh gets injured.

Annoying? Think you mean incompetent
  • Sponsored links:

• Until January? Must mean that we may look elsewhere then.

Send our inexperienced young strikers out on loan and get somebody else's in instead.
  • "You're shit and you know you are ,
    You're shit and you know you are"

to the easily offended this is a play on his name dodoo as in doo doo = shit
    I'm sure he's amazing and we have been after him for ages
  • Good luck Joe. Not heard of him until a couple hours ago. Will give him a chance even though on paper it is not the most exciting transfer.
  • Let's wait and see shall we. No worse imo than KAG.
  • cfgs said:

Until January? Must mean that we may look elsewhere then.

Send our inexperienced young strikers out on loan and get somebody else's in instead.

Wigan will be happy to get any fee for Grigg by then. Plan A back in the game!
  • edited August 2017
    Total : 90 23 7 1
    ------Games goals assists cards.

(includes prem reserve games)
  • Redrobo said:

supaclive said:

Absolute dog shit

And you know what?

Robbo looks like he knows what he is doing so far. Why don't you cut him some and see the player actually play before writing him off?
    Agreed, don't like the negativity expressed towards him, and the piss taking of his name...

Not his fault that we've been left with no proper cover for the Magennis No 9 role
  • Sponsored links:

• We are clean through the looking glass out the other side on a worst of all bad trips. Starting Saturday FSG gets to put out a squad with no proven strikers what so ever, every time JM's not available. roly must have watched the win over dogshit brizzle rovers and concluded that strikers are a superfluous luxury who contribute so few goals as to be irrelevant so the scouse numpty gets his budget pared back even further.
    Welcome Joe, may your tenure in SE7 be productive and drenched in goals. Realistically if you haven't set the scots premier alight our expectations are very low. Safe to say you're better than the glacially slow moving lump you've replaced, if you're not then we and you will go down faster than a bangkok whore when the fleet's in town
  • Matches as
    Left Wing 34 9 2
    Right Wing 22 8 2
    Secondary Striker 7 1 -
    Attacking Midfield 1 - -
    Centre-Forward 1 - -

(games, goals, assists, bookings)
  • He's a winger primarily.

Not a Mag replacement, instead a Marshall one. Just waiting for confirmation Marshall's return is delayed.
  • A DoDoo Doo
    A DoDoo Sarr
    Is all I want to say to you
  • Dazzler21 said:

He's a winger primarily.

Not a Mag replacement, instead a Marshall one. Just waiting for confirmation Marshall's return is delayed.

This. He's definitely not a replacement for Novak or a stand in for big Josh.
    Welcome to the club Joe.
  • Our number 2 striker
  • Dazzler21 said:

Let's wait and see shall we. No worse imo than KAG.

That's not the issue. I will reserve judgement until I see him in the flesh (2 homes games & away at The Gills is Sept) BUT the main issue is that we don't have back up if Big Josh gets injured.

Also KR is on record saying that he is quick & will get behind defences. I was at Plymouth & once they scored they had 6 men strung out along their 18 yard box & we spent 30 mins trying to get behind them & never did it once. No good having someone with pace when you spend most of the time passing it sideways.
  • I'm rather tempted to trust Robinson based on the players he has signed since he arrived.

I'm concerned that we don't have a plan B when Magennis is not available but we have been much, much better run on the playing side since Robinson arrived. The man talks rubbish all too often but he hasn't made many mistakes on the player recruitment so I'm inclined to trust him on this lad and hope that there is a plan I can't fathom re strikers.
  • edited August 2017
    I know nothing about him so will reserve judgement and hope his name is not symbolic. I think with Novak gone, we needed two strikers in though - idealy. Let's hope Josh stays fit.