Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sitcoms

Comments

• Options
    Missed It said:

A couple that I enjoyed that haven't had a mention

Spaced
    Plebs

Spaced was brilliant.
  • Options
    Fawlty Towers is so far ahead of every other sitcom.

You can watch it 100+ times and still find it hilarious.
  • Options
    Camping (Sky Atlantic last year). comedy and darkness all in one.
  • Options
    muppetman said:

Coupling, it`s worth watching just for Jeff`s slant on situations.

Just watching this again on Netflix. Utterly brilliant. One of the few sitcoms that has me genuinely laughing out loud (to the extent that the wife came out of the bedroom last night and gave me the evil eye for waking her up with my giggling). Written by Steven Moffat, who later went on to write Sherlock and Doctor Who. Thoroughly recommended.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

muppetman said:

Just watching this again on Netflix. Utterly brilliant. One of the few sitcoms that has me genuinely laughing out loud (to the extent that the wife came out of the bedroom last night and gave me the evil eye for waking her up with my giggling). Written by Steven Moffat, who later went on to write Sherlock and Doctor Who. Thoroughly recommended.
    I remember the Captain Subtext episode, brilliant stuff.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

A lot of British one listed, a few US one should get a mention

Seinfeld

muppetman said:

Love these two. Also the Gary Shandling show - I suppose not really a sitcom, but it wouldn't be CL if we didn't go off thread a bit.
  • Options

A lot of British one listed, a few US one should get a mention

Scrubs
    Always sunny in Philadelphia
    Seinfeld
    Parks and Recreation
    Community

I'm currently rattling through Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Took a little while to get into it but I love the relationship between Charlie and Frank (Danny DeVito). Produces some very funny moments!
  • Options
    Auf Wiedersehen Pet.
  • Options
    I.T Crowd
    Steptoe & son
    Black books

• Options
    There was a great Australian one called Summer Heights High.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I love Only Fools and Horses. It was the sitcom I grew up with (more so the later episodes).

More recently I've been really into The Office and Peep Show.

Another one I really enjoyed is Stephen Merchant's US sitcom Hello Ladies. I first saw a couple of episodes on a flight to New York and had to catch the rest of the series when I got home. I think it's underrated. The pool party episode is my favourite.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

There was a great Australian one called Summer Heights High.

That's Chris Lilley, his other shows are absolute class. Angry Boys and Ja'mie both had me crying.
  • Options
    I like Fools & Horses although it isn't my favourite. I would put Porridge, Fawlty Towers & Blackadder above it to name 3 of the top of my head.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

muppetman said:

Coupling had some brilliant episodes. The one where Jeff told the bird on the train that he had a wooden leg had me on the floor laughing
  • Options
    Bring back Love Thy Neighbour I say if only for the opportunity to see the varied reactions to it on Ponits Of View!
  • Options
    Del: "Rodney, is that our car phone I can hear ringing........"
  • Options
    New one 'Back' starts Wednesday with Mitchell and Webb from Peep Show. Be strange seeing them play different characters.
  • Options

Auf Wiedersehen Pet.

The best ever TV programme but it is not a sitcom
  • Options
    Not sure if it would technically be deemed a sitcom but there was a series that aired on BBC about 10 years ago called The Street which has recently been repeated on ITV3.

Stars the likes of Bob Hoskins, Timothy Spall and Jim Broadbent.

Absolutely fantastic story writing. Can be very heavy at times but the characters are portrayed very well and the acting is superb in every single episode.

Would love to see it return one day.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

Auf Wiedersehen Pet.

Funnier than most sitcoms though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

Auf Wiedersehen Pet.

Actually it is the 2nd best ever programme, No.1 is The Sweeney, which like Auf Wiedersehen Pet is also not a sitcom.
  • Options

Fawlty Towers is so far ahead of every other sitcom.

You can watch it 100+ times and still find it hilarious.

As already posted earlier, I bleeding cant!
  • Options

Bring back Love Thy Neighbour I say if only for the opportunity to see the varied reactions to it on Ponits Of View!

I bought the complete box set a while ago.

After watching about ten minutes I said to myself "now I remember why they do not show this on UK Gold"!
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

Auf Wiedersehen Pet.

Oz to, I think Neville or Barry, wa'ay man Moxy is alreet but he thinks every day is Guy Fawkes!

Moxy was a convicted arsonist.

The best line on tv ever.
  • Options
    Minder, with Dennis Waterman.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

muppetman said:

Another great sitcom by Moffat, Joking Apart. Didn't really find an audience but in the unlikely event it's available somewhere, worth checking out. A prototype for Coupling but more of a farce.
  • Options

RIP Arthur.
  • Options

RIP Arthur.
    Blimey, not again...
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

Rizzo said:

muppetman said:

Another great sitcom by Moffat, Joking Apart. Didn't really find an audience but in the unlikely event it's available somewhere, worth checking out. A prototype for Coupling but more of a farce.
    Really want to see this again, the dinner party scene is pure genuis
  • Options

johnny73 said:

Rizzo said:

muppetman said:

Really want to see this again, the dinner party scene is pure genuis
    Not a classic, but I enjoyed Life without George, it had some very good scenes.