Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Eden Project

Went there yesterday. Paid for an adult pass but they were just giving away a year's membership with it. I enjoyed it but I won't be going back in the next year, so if anyone would like a male adult pass then pm, I'm happy to pass it on if any of you have it on your radar in the next year

Comments

• Options
    cabbles said:

Went there yesterday. Paid for an adult pass but they were just giving away a year's membership with it. I enjoyed it but I won't be going back in the next year, so if anyone would like a male adult pass then pm, I'm happy to pass it on if any of you have it on your radar in the next year

That's a pretty routine thing these days. Charities have two ways to get entrance fees to qualify for gift aid under the HMRC rules. First is for the "entrance fee" to include an additional donation element, second is to hand out annual membership. Places that have concluded many will not be coming back because of, for example, their isolated position, go for the annual pass.

How is it these days BTW? When I went there it was very new. The domes were good but the grounds were very much work in progress.
  • Options
    Might pop in there this week myself.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

cabbles said:

That's a pretty routine thing these days. Charities have two ways to get entrance fees to qualify for gift aid under the HMRC rules. First is for the "entrance fee" to include an additional donation element, second is to hand out annual membership. Places that have concluded many will not be coming back because of, for example, their isolated position, go for the annual pass.

How is it these days BTW? When I went there it was very new. The domes were good but the grounds were very much work in progress.
    I enjoyed it mate and it was my first time. I just won't be going back there in the next year given I only went there because I was visiting my mum. I'm happy to post it to anyone who thinks they might go, save them the £27.50

You can spend it on the zip wire instead, which was an additional £25 :neutral:
  • Options

When I was there a huge insect went scuttling along the cafe/restaurant floor whilst we were eating.
    Bigger than a May bug or Stag Beetle, so I am sure not a British species.
    None of the other diners seemed to notice, but I noticed one member of staff spot it and look horrified.
    Disappeared into a corner somewhere (the insect not the staff member)

Jeez bigger than a cockchaffer? Those are big enough. American cockroach?
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

When I was there a huge insect went scuttling along the cafe/restaurant floor whilst we were eating.
    Bigger than a May bug or Stag Beetle, so I am sure not a British species.
    None of the other diners seemed to notice, but I noticed one member of staff spot it and look horrified.
    Disappeared into a corner somewhere (the insect not the staff member)

Jeez bigger than a cockchaffer? Those are big enough. American cockroach?
    Yeh, I did wonder Cockroach but it was bigger than any I'd ever seen - but I am no expert.
  • Options
    Planning on going this week myself but as I am already away then unless it can be emailed, I won't be able to take up your very kind offer. How long does a trip there take - enough for a whole day?
  • Options
    I am spending a week in St Austell. Will visit the Eden project.
  • Options
    When I went about 3 weeks ago it was absolutely rammed. Could not move in most places and was so packed it did ruin it for us. It's a shame as it's a lovely place and I can imagine when it isn't chocka it would be sublime.
  • Options

Planning on going this week myself but as I am already away then unless it can be emailed, I won't be able to take up your very kind offer. How long does a trip there take - enough for a whole day?

It's like a railcard mate. Think you physically need it. Let me know if there's an address you can be reached at and our send it on
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:

It's like a railcard mate. Think you physically need it. Let me know if there's an address you can be reached at and our send it on
    We got there at 11am and left by about 2pm. Depends if you want to stay and do the zip wire and see their shows etc