Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ludlow Hospital refuses funding

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-shropshire-41011908

I can usually laugh off these anecdotes of extreme dogma but this one has really got to me. Imagine a world where fun was outlawed and we were governed by thought-controlling zealots...

Comments

• Options
    What does it say about the person who thinks men dressed as nurses highly sexualises real nurses?
  • Options
    We not governed by thought controlling zealots though are we. Massive overreaction on your part.

They turned down some money. No one was imprisoned or denied their human rights.

My wife, a senior sister, says it is demeaning and no, don't take the money as it happens. Others will disagree but we're allowed to disagree.

• Options
    "He said proceeds from this year's event had been earmarked to provide ECG machines for the outpatients and minor injuries departments at Ludlow."

The money has been refused by the no doubt highly paid chief executive of Shropshire Community Health NHS Trust, who said the behaviour was "insulting".

So who pays for obviously desperately needed ECG machines?
    It won't be this Government, that's for sure.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Namby pamby, political correctness gone mad, were all going to hell in a handcart, Guardian reading dogma, etc etc etc. I bet theres smoke eminanating from Littlejohns keyboard at this very moment.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    The hospital just comes across as being really humourless.
  • Options
    Yeah, and it's not General Charlton, either.
  • Options
    it's not often that you hear charity donations being deemed insulting.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Not what was being said though is it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blokes dressed as birds ceased to be funny in about 1937 so frankly this is a deserved kick up the arse for these bothersome do gooders to up their game.
  • Options
    Britain is broken.

I can imagine all those upset Umpah Lumpahs when Hartlepool try and raise a smile.
  • Options
    So they had previously been asked not to raise money for the hospital in this way but did it anyway.

The self indulgent trannies should have just thought of a new way to raise money.
  • Options
    Can I use " being offended on behalf of others"?

• Options

No shame in dressing up on the weekend....
  • Options
    Bet they'll still keep taking money from the government that is actively helping to put more people into hospital.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

No shame in dressing up on the weekend....
    What you do at the weekend is your business
  • Options

I think they should have accepted the donation. Then explained privately, that as it is 2017, it could be deemed inappropriate and perhaps next year any money could be raised in a different manner.

Would agree but some people would still be offended by that and bleat about PC gone mad, country gone to dogs blah blah
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh well, I better put the stockings and suspenders away then.
  • Options

Blokes dressed as birds ceased to be funny in about 1937 so frankly this is a deserved kick up the arse for these bothersome do gooders to up their game.

According to whom?
  • Options

Kids love it at the Christmas pantomime.
  • Options

From the trust web site:

"Jan joined the Trust as Chief Executive in 2013. She is an experienced strategic leader with a background encompassing a broad variety of clinical, operational and leadership roles across health, social care and the private sector. She also has a wealth of expertise in the areas of transformation, delivery, clinical quality and effective performance management. Jan is dual qualified as a registered general and mental health nurse."

Email: jan.ditheridge@shropcom.nhs.uk PA: Diane Davenport Tel: 01743 277688

Perhaps this is her issue?

In any event, she should actually be getting on with her fecking job and not pissing about on this crap.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

1StevieG said:

Not what was being said though is it.
    Yes it is.

Bunch of humourless wankers.

Us Brits have a tradition of doing stupid and ridiculous things to raise money for charity and long may it continue. People are spending their own time and money to raise money for charity and they have it thrown back in their faces. Pathetic.

Who cares what they do to raise money, as long as it's not illegal?

No the donation was not seen as demeaning.

The way the money was raised was seen as demeaning. Big difference.

Anyway, according to "PC gone mad" rules so often used on here youre not allowed to be "offended" on other people's behalf and none of you is a nurse.
  • Options

Im offended on behalf of crossdressing blokes and trans folk that our Jan finds what they do demeaning.
  • Options
    Ridiculous.