Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jerry Lewis RIP

edited August 2017 in General Charlton
Ex partner of Dean Martin and star of many 50s/60s movies. Much admired by French cineastes. I found him deeply unfunny personally but, nonetheless, RIP

Comments

• Options
    A very funny man and one of my childhood comedy heroes. The ultimate nutty professor.

I read Dean Martin's autobiography last year and their relationship was a very troubled one but they absolutely loved each other as friends but were too stubborn to tell each other..

RIP Jerry
  • Options

Nadou said:

Ex partner of Dean Martin and star of many 50s/60s movies. Much admired by French cineastes. I found him deeply unfunny personally but, nonetheless, RIP

What a tribute.
    Literally laughed out loud.

• Options
    RIP, an utter legend of comedy, a very decent knock too.
  • Options
    Wasn't he some kind of United Nations worldwide representative for children's aid?
  • Options

Wasn't he some kind of United Nations worldwide representative for children's aid?

Raised millions for kids with muscular dystrophy. Top bloke, R.I.P.
  • Options
    not really a fan, but enjoyed him in King of Comedy where he played the straight man to Robert De Niro's "Rupert Pupkin"

RIP
  • Options

On reflection that might have been Danny Kay.
  • Options
    Goodness gracious
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP Jerry.
    Loved the Martin and Lewis films growing up but they don't seem very funny now.
    I also think King Of Comedy was his best film
  • Options
    it's all been written above .. not my cuppa as an artiste but a well respected and loved man .. R I P
  • Options
    How can you not laugh at that sketch

RIP Jerry
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Great Balls of Fire is one hell of a song, RIP.
  • Options

Nadou said:

What a tribute.
    How about this for a 'tribute' - http://www.newsfromme.com/2017/08/20/jerry-lewis-r-p/
  • Options
    limeygent said:

Raised millions for kids with muscular dystrophy. Top bloke, R.I.P.
    His biographer on the radio this morning said he raised in the region of $2 billion for MD. A legend for that alone, but also a very funny and talented man.

RIP.
  • Options
    RIP Jerry.

Never quite my cup of tea, ranked alongside Lucille Ball and others of that ilk. Obviously made many people laugh tho'.

• Options
    RIP Jerry, loved the Nutty Professor as a kid. As has already been said, his films don't seem so funny now years later.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options

As has already been said, his films don't seem so funny now years later.

Nor does Only Fools and Horses
  • Options
    i used to find him hilarious as a kid ...God rest his soul

RIP ..
  • Options
    A lot of people on this thread seem very particular in how they like their tea.
  • Options
    WSS said:

A lot of people on this thread seem very particular in how they like their tea.

Jerry Lewis was partial to Darjeeling. Not my cup of tea.